GUILTY CA - Sophia, 2, Yazmine, 1, & Xenia Coronado, 2 mos, murdered, 20 May 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I guess I just don't understand how you could not be psychotic or mentally ill to commit such a crime. jmo

Imagine if Chris Coleman had the "hormones" excuse to hide behind?

Christian Longo, Neil Entwhistle - I could go on and on with a list of MALE family annihilators who did it because it was MORE CONVENIENT than divorce and paying child support.

Imagine if you're a new mom reading all this and feeling teary - will it make you MORE likely to go for help, or LESS?

Folks here are insinuating that PND will turn a loving mom into a murderer.

How many suffering women will suppress their suffering out of fear of having her baby taken, just because she is unwell?

When I had my babies the nurses in the hospital told me that PND is LARGELY brought about by exhaustion. A good night's sleep is a miracle cure.

What I always fail to understand is why most of these women stop short at killing themselves? They claim to be in the midst of a "psychotic break" but always seem to see sense when it comes to taking their own lives and often end up with superficial injuries.

I'm not saying this illness doesn't exist because it does, but makes me wonder how many of these women actually suffer from it and actually just use it as an excuse for the real reason and get sent to a mental institution with some hope of one day getting out.

Just my opinion.

so called lack of motherthly instinct is a huge heads up. she doesnt sound ill to me she sounds lazy and un motivated. per what family is syaing...

Well, folks, here we are -- not getting many details, understandable & we're used to that; way pre-trial; in this case, pre-psych exam, from which we should hear little due to doctor/patient/HIPAA laws and regs...

Will she be competent to stand trial?
Will she take a plea? If so, how much will the public be told?
Will anyone else be arrested & also held responsible?
If a trial, will it be a DP case?
Is there some unknown that will come out eventually that will help us understand all this?
Will she be kept in the regular population of the county jail until trial?
Will she be kept in a psych ward under LE guard?
We do not know if she is truly a victim of PPP (not PPD).
If she is found to be suffering from PPP, will there be a trial?
Was she just tired and angry at her husband or some other family member?
So much we may never know unless there is a trial.

So we wait and hope info will be trickled out as time goes on...

:waiting:.. :waitasec: .. :confused: .. :dunno: .. :sigh: .. :waiting:

so called lack of motherthly instinct is a huge heads up. she doesnt sound ill to me she sounds lazy and un motivated. per what family is syaing...

Actually, difficulty bonding and detachment are symptoms of post partum mental disorder. She could have one, or she couldn't. If she does, it would be common place for her to experience detachment.

Christian Longo, Neil Entwhistle - I could go on and on with a list of MALE family annihilators who did it because it was MORE CONVENIENT than divorce and paying child support.

Imagine if you're a new mom reading all this and feeling teary - will it make you MORE likely to go for help, or LESS?

How many suffering women will suppress their suffering out of fear of having her baby taken, just because she is unwell?

When I had my babies the nurses in the hospital told me that PND is LARGELY brought about by exhaustion. A good night's sleep is a miracle cure.

Nope. No one is insinuating that PPD can cause something like this. Millions on moms get PPD each year. Instead, people, including me, are stating, clearly, that PSYCHOSIS, resulting from a catastrophic post-natal hormonal imbalance, can precipitate such horror.

No one would ever give murderers like Chris Coleman the hormone excuse because there is no known equivalent to post partum pyschosis, which occurs in men.

Further, the context of the cases you cited may be different than here.

Listen, if it comes out that Carol Coronado had someone else she was seeing and Planned this murder to be free, or tried to kill her husband and did kill her kids so lies about her accomplishments wouldn't be revealed, then PPP would be ruled out in her case.

If it is is ruled in, however, her punishment will be more from within than the justice system can ever dole out.

I read about Andrea Yates since trial. She went into a psych ward, very I'll, very psychotic. With meds, she improved, realized what she had done and went insane again from grief and horror. This has been happening to Yates ever since- recovering from insanity just enough to understand what she's done and then spiraling into insanity again as a result of her own self awareness and cognition.

It's like one of Dante's circles of hell. Horrible.

This is often a glaring sign of clinical depression. Unfortunately, the person suffering from depression too often gets treated as tho he or she is simply just lazy when the reality is that just crawling out of bed is an unimaginable feat for them. She was crying on the phone with her sister-in-law and said she was tired and exhausted. Hubby complained that the house was cluttered and his dinner wasn't always ready when he came home (per his sister). Did hubby ever consider that not only the physical action of carrying and delivering three babies in as many years was quite a task, but trying to take care of those same babies with an overworked body was asking a lot? Her body never had a chance to recover from the previous birth before it was facing the task of nourishing yet another baby. Maybe hubby could have quit whining and helped his wife.

This is often a glaring sign of clinical depression. Unfortunately, the person suffering from depression too often gets treated as tho he or she is simply just lazy when the reality is that just crawling out of bed is an unimaginable feat for them. She was crying on the phone with her sister-in-law and said she was tired and exhausted. Hubby complained that the house was cluttered and his dinner wasn't always ready when he came home (per his sister). Did hubby ever consider that not only the physical action of carrying and delivering three babies in as many years was quite a task, but trying to take care of those same babies with an overworked body was asking a lot? Her body never had a chance to recover from the previous birth before it was facing the task of nourishing yet another baby. Maybe hubby could have quit whining and helped his wife.

I really appreciate your comments. What stood out for me reading all of the posts was the she was taking a course online -- that to me is a sign she was trying her best to keep her mind/soul alive while enduring the challenge of being a new mother. Husband was at a market trying to sell car parts but wanted a clean house and dinner on time (per sister). Seems to me this lady had her hands full. It seems money was an issue too -- so not knowing what she was studying online it may be a leap but I am guessing that she was trying to improve her circumstances and it all overwhelmed her. (JMHO & MOO) Perhaps what she was studying online was some sort of accreditation that could have led to her getting employment?

RBBM: I can tell you for certain, without a doubt, every mother I have ever spoken to in person, or group therapy, etc. has said this: If I had known I wouldn't lose my children, I wouldn't have gone on for weeks/months suffering needlessly.

http://www.dailybreeze.com/general-...ughters-pleads-not-guilty-to-3-murder-charges

Carol Coronado, accused of stabbing daughters, pleads not guilty to 3 murder charges

A woman accused of stabbing her three young daughters to death pleaded not guilty to murder charges Thursday that could result in the death penalty.

Coronado’s attorney, Steve Allen, said she has expressed remorse and is grieving the loss of her children. He said her defense possibly will focus on postpartum depression, although he could not say if she suffered depression after her third child was born less than three months ago.

“It’s just something the family wanted me to make people aware about,” Allen said. “I don’t know how it’s going to essentially play out in this case

Much more at link

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...ng-Daughters-Pleads-Not-Guilty-261154961.html

"We wanted to draw attention to the issue of postpartum depression and psychosis," said Stephen Allen, the family attorney. "I think that more needs to be done to diagnose this type of disorder."

IMO, the husband seems very supportive and wants to understand what caused the mental break with reality. I cannot see how this situation was not highly influenced by a hormonal distortion beyond her control.

Funeral services for the three girls will be held Monday at St. Anthony’s Church in Gardena. Visitation is set for Sunday at Green Hills Memorial Park in Rancho Palos Verdes.

Today, your father must lay you to rest. His three precious little angels, who barely had a chance to know what love or life was all about. And yet, I believe in my heart you were loved. Not only by him, but by your mom, at some point, as well as the rest of your family who are grieving beyond measure today.

The wake of this crime will reverberate, in my eyes, into eternity.

You are irreplaceable. You are missed. You are together. :tears:

I am truly sorry your time here was so short. It takes my breath away to think of all you could have accomplished, if only given the chance.

#RIPAngelsCoronado
:candle:
:rose: :rose: :rose;

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slightly o/t, I came across an article, says men can suffer from ppd too...:rolleyes: looking for link

NBCLA's most recent story, dated July 4, 2014:

Torrance Mom Accused of Killing Three Children to Undergo Psychiatric Evaluation for PostPartum Depression

(snip)

Her husband, who spoke Thursday after Coronado was back in court, said there were “a lot of signs that I didn’t know how to read.”

"That's the reason why we need to bring awareness to (postpartum depression) because I was never educated on nothing like this,"[/] Rudy Coronado said.[/] "I didn't have a clue. And I know, I know Carol, and she would never ever in a million years do anything like that to no one."

Embedded video of Hetty Chang's July 3rd's 6 o'clock news report and much more at link:

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...tion-for-Postpartum-Depression-265810351.html

#RIPAngelsCoronado
:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A 32-year-old Torrance-area woman was found guilty Monday of three counts of first-degree murder for fatally stabbing her three little girls, who ranged in age from 2 months to 2 1/2 years, inside the family’s home last year.

After her arrest, Coronado pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity and waived her right to a jury trial, according to the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office.

She was scheduled to return to court Tuesday to begin the sanity phase of her trial.

If she is found to have been sane when the crime occurred, she faces life in prison without the possibility of parole.

http://ktla.com/2015/11/30/torrance...abbing-deaths-of-3-daughters-age-2-and-under/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734
Back