Silver Alert CA - Stephanie Menard, 73, Daniel Menard, 79, & Cuddles, white Shih Tzu, unlocked car found, Redlands, 24 Aug 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I guess the perp didn’t like the Menards cutting the “shade tree” branches. It must have riled him up.

It bothers me that anyone is focusing on the fact that Dan and Stephanie chose to live at Olive Dell Ranch. They had an adorable little home and a fun active community to enjoy their retirement years. The fact that it’s a nudist community is completely irrelevant to the case. It’s so sad and tragic that their lives were cut short by a mentally unstable neighbor. Unfortunately events like this can happen anywhere.
I have not seen that focus here on WS, fwiw.

jmo

Lots of info in this article.

Rodriguez said the Menards complained that management was demanding membership fees from them and restricting the couple’s pool privileges.

”When they would go to the pool someone would harass them for money,” Rodriguez said. “People started poking around their RV and their mobile home, so what we did is we opened up our home to them. They would come every Friday, and if I had extra food, I would share it with them. They were good people. All they wanted to do was sing karaoke and hang out by the pool.”

In March, Storm, the eight-year resident, said management began serving eviction notices and raising rents. Stephanie Menard was one of the more engaged residents, attending meetings they had about the dispute.

In June, residents Wayne and Sandy Marinelli filed a lawsuit against the resort owners, alleging they improperly imposed fees, raised rents and issued eviction notices, said their attorney, Robert Williams of the BWA Law Group in Santa Ana. The next month, a judge issued a temporary restraining order blocking evictions of residents at the resort who refuse to pay certain fees, court records show.

The owners’ attorney responded to the request for the restraining order by filing a document with the court that said the fees and evictions were appropriate.

Business Search Request for Olive Dell Management, LLC​

Show All102550100 entries
Filter:
ViewDelegateCase NumberCase StyleCourt LocationCase StatusCase TypeFiling Date
View CaseCIVSB2417577CIVSB2417577**COMPLEX** Marinelli et al -v- Olive Dell Managment, LLC et alSan BernardinoActiveBusiness Tort/Unfair Business Practice Unlimited5/31/2024
View CaseCIVSB2417594CIVSB2417594KILBORN et al -v - OLIVE DELL MANAGEMENT, LLC et alSan BernardinoActiveBreach of Contract/Warranty Unlimited5/31/2024

Pardon me if this has already been speculated on, but what do you all think he used to (allegedly) kill them? Or, did he use that gun and when he turned it on himself, it no longer worked? [Asking for a friend.]
ETA: GRAPHIC DISCUSSION.

LE said he tried to shoot himself but failed so I'm assuming he shot them, though that is not confirmed. I don't think they would be difficult for a 62yo man to overcome the couple so it wouldn't necessarily have to be a gun, imo.

If it were a gun, I'm guessing the underground area muffled the sound??? I don't know if that would be the case. The houses are so close to each other, the neighbors would hear gunshots otherwise.

jmo

edited to add: since they were found in bags, it's possible they were suffocated with bags.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanamburga
Back