GUILTY CA - Tobias Summers for kidnapping, rape of 10yo girl, Northridge, 2013 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've had as many as 4 different keyword-phrase searches up on tabs at one time. The past two days, just 'northridge girl.' I'm seeing a lot more 'FIND this scum' posts since yesterday. Just wish more would include PHOTO, though.

Livestream http://ktla.com/live/#axzz2PVWvgeQG

ETA - on now!

They've got "assets" in Mexico after him. Nothing really new. Just basically that they're looking hard for him.

KTLA 5 Morning News ‏@KTLAMorningNews 4m
.@LAPDChiefBeck is here at 8:10 with the latest in the Northridge kidnapping case. What other questions do you have for him?

I've had as many as 4 different keyword-phrase searches up on tabs at one time. The past two days, just 'northridge girl.' I'm seeing a lot more 'FIND this scum' posts since yesterday. Just wish more would include PHOTO, though.

Yeah it can be hard on twitter because you have to figure out what words people would tweet to capture the tweets

I've had as many as 8 windows for this case, but I finally figured out how to combine the search terms day before yesterday to reduce the number of windows. So far it seems to be working pretty well. The multiple windows were making my computer crash, especially when I was also watching videos and livestreams lol

Poitry, just wanted to say my fav tweet out of all the millions of them so far was short and simple

Tobias Summers is a sick *advertiser censored**

Lol, TheCheese. I'm hoping my favorite is soon to come: "Tobias Summers--ARRESTED."

I haven't seen the pic on the right before. So many different faces. I wish I knew facebook. I would make a page and put each of his pics individually so people could share them and even tweet them individually. And I'd do whatever it is people do to make the page go viral. When you search facebook for Tobias Summers only one page comes up - his own. Could extend it to pinterest and those other social media sites.

21865380_BG4.JPG

http://www.myfoxla.com/story/218653...ral-suspect-still-sought#.UV2jD08FWh8.twitter

Pretty freaky that he has a great big smile in that mugshot. He looks like he is proud of himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm beginning to wonder if making public all of his charges might not backfire. Now he knows he's doomed to never see the light of day so why not take his life or run to the border. See? It's possible a few days ago , he may have thought he could win the case, talk his way out of it, only get a light sentence or evade arrest altogether. But now no one looking at that list will think it might somehow work out in his favor.
I suspect he'll be found dead somewhere by his own hand.

I think that may be the point...

NBC Los Angeles ‏@NBCLA 3h
OC unveils "revolutionary" mobile crime lab, used in #Dorner manhunt and Northridge kidnapping. http://4.nbcla.com/12jvCAw

I am seeing similarities in how the police handled Dorner and this situation. (I'm not necessarily in disagreement, although I do think we have to be careful to not leave the courts out. We have to fix the judicial side not make it impossible to come out of situations alive.)

As long as they are 100% sure that these criminals commit these hideous crimes, I have no problem with them being shot on sight, especially if they are armed and resisting arrest. It would spare this little girl from having to go through the court process and there would be instant justice served. Guys like him have many victims.

I don't want to see his smiling, smirky face going through the lengthy court proceedings. I doubt the little girls family wants to either. How hard it would be to not want to get your hands on this guy if he did that to your child. She is not my child and I would love a shot at him.

It sounds like the little girl has been able to give them enough details now, that they know who is responsible for this and what part they played.

I just hope that if there is evidence that he made any money for or from committing this crime that those people are brought to justice also.

Perez said Summers – who was on probation under California’s prison realignment to ease inmate overcrowding – was "assessed at a medium risk to re-offend."

Summers, believed to a transient, repeatedly re-offended for crimes ranging from assault to theft, according to LA County court records. Among his list of priors are charges for grand theft, assault and battery, driving without a license and receiving stolen property.

Prison realignment did not get Summers out of custody early, but it did mean that instead of his post-release being supervised by state parole, he was assigned to LA County Probation.
A special LAPD unit also monitored him, according to LA Police Chief Charlie Beck.

I read that in this article and it names the source, so it doesn't seem that he would still be in prison at any rate.

Please let there be an arrest today!

Thx CountryGirl!

From that same link:
http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...Suspects-Tobias-Dustin-Summers-201152281.html

Snipped:
A special LAPD unit also monitored him, according to LA Police Chief Charlie Beck.

"We will discover more about Mr. Summers and what could have been done better after we capture him," Beck said.

LAPD arrested Summers in January for a violation authorities have declined to reveal.
Summers was held for nine days under so-called flash incarceration.

Perez said it was "sufficient enough that we felt we needed to get his attention by flashing him the maximum period of time."

After Summers’ January arrest, probation did not seek to revoke his release, and no new criminal charge was filed.

Summers resumed checking in with his probation officer and passing drug tests until March 27.

I didn't know what flash incarceration was so I looked it up...

It's covered under this CA Penal Code set in place for the prison realignment in CA bc of overcrowding issues:
PENAL CODE
SECTION 3450-3465

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displaycode?section=pen&group=03001-04000&file=3450-3465

http://www.americancriminallawrevie...uggle-reduce-its-prison-population-09-25-2011

Snipped:
Flash Incarceration

One of the reasons that California’s prisons are so full is because people keep coming back. In California, the typical punishment for ex-convicts who violate their parole is an additional four months in prison. It was recently reported that as many as seven out of ten parolees are sent back to prison for this purpose.[7] However, a new approach is currently being tested that has, thus far, shown positive results.

The basic idea is that parole violators are punished with immediate, but short, stints in the county jail. Any violation of parole conditions—such as missing an appointment, testing positive for drugs, failing to attend anger management or substance abuse classes, or other technical violations—results in an immediate “flash incarceration” that can last up to six business days.[8] Even multiple flash incarcerations end up costing the taxpayers less than a single parole violation under the traditional program. While official results of how the trial program affects criminal habits are not yet available, preliminary results have been described as “remarkable.”[9] At this point, only 2% of those in the trial program are testing positive for continued drug use.[10]

This method is certainly innovative, but whether it will be effective, and to what extent it can be effective, is yet to be seen. Obviously, flash incarceration by itself will not fix California’s problem. This method is targeted at individuals who have already spent time in prison, so regardless of whether or not they come back due to a parole violation they have already contributed to the problem of overcrowded prisons.

What an extraordinary little girl this 10 year old is!

The LAPD's community alert (.pdf) was issued at 2:29 p.m. Wednesday, and the house was located about 30 minutes later after a realtor's tip. The alert asked for help in locating a vacant house in the Northridge, Canoga Park and Winnetka area.

The tipster contacted police with information regarding a home that matched the description provided in the alert. That descripton -- details of the home's interior and exterior -- was provided by the kidnapping victim.

"We were incredibly impressed with her strength to provide such detail as in the type of doors, the gates, the contents inside of the garage," said Officer Sara Faden, of the LAPD. "It's truly impressive for anybody to remember under these circumstances."

The vacant house is in the West San Fernando Valley, police said.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Northridge-Girl-Kidnapping-Vacant-Home-201484131.html

I love this little girl & I don't even know her! What an extraordinary young lady. Brings tears to my eyes!

When everything is said & done, this is one little girl that deserves to be invited to the White House for dinner in her honor, then a nice vacation to Disney World to ease her mind! What a perfect example of a courageous & strong survivor she is! Everyday she becomes even more impressive!

I think she is so brave.

I also think one of the reasons she remembers so much about her surroundings is because she concentrated on that instead of the horror she was going through.

JMO

As much as these sort of crimes destroy your faith in people, knowing that this young girl survived her ordeal and in such a short amount of time can assist so thoroughly in the investigation, takes away some of that horror with wonder at her strength and hope for her future.

"There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue210
Back