GUILTY CA - Tobias Summers for kidnapping, rape of 10yo girl, Northridge, 2013 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
on my way home today (driving through tijuana) i almost gave myself whiplash looking for this *******! i hit a bunch of traffic, so my mind started to think of all the possibilities... but it was a car accident. :/

my eyes will be peeled every time i'm out until he's caught!!

i will say, i saw a heavier presence of mexican LE near the border... especially where a lot of homeless people & drug users hang out, so that made me happy!

just noticed that a lot of the local mexico pages that i follow on FB have been posting his picture and information about him. lots of people are sharing it too! this is great! more eyes looking!

:jail:

Excerpt about Martinez:
Authorities have described Martinez as a secondary suspect in the crime, saying they believe he waited in a car outside the girl’s home and when Summers came out with her, drove a short distance before leaving.
“We don’t think Martinez knew there was going to be a kidnapping. He thought it was going to be a burglary,” LAPD Deputy Chief Kirk Albanese told The Times on Friday. “It appears that immediately when he learned, he left the car.”
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-mexico-on-high-alert-for-suspect-in-rape-kidnapping-of-la-girl-20130405,0,5989868.story

04-04-2013, 10:15 AM
Foxfire

Been watching the national ms media news for days now and have yet to see Tobias Summers' Photo to BOLO... The American public is a very valuable investigative resource to squander....

I'll be damn.. Where did LAPD think he was headed? I watched the national msm & never saw his photo to BOLO. The FBI & LAPD should be ashamed, imo

Bet if it was their 10 year old daughter, they wouldn't have squandered their most valuable resource; the American public...

I really hope the Mexican police get ahold of him soon and give him a thorough interrogation before turning him over.

ok, but what's his excuse for not calling the police?? even anonymously??

Oh, that post wasn't meant to excuse him at all. It was meant to clarify what I'd said a few posts up--that police think DM exited the situation pretty quickly--and hadn't mentioned that he drove the girl and TS to the empty house.

Oh, that post wasn't meant to excuse him at all. It was meant to clarify what I'd said a few posts up--that police think DM exited the situation pretty quickly--and hadn't mentioned that he drove the girl and TS to the empty house.

Totally get where you are coming from and the article...my dad used to tell my brother and I over and over to choose friends wisely, and tell us
that if we were driving a car, and our friend has killed someone during an armed robbery (like at a gas station, bank, liquor store, etc) we would be accessories to that crime.

As I understand it, in California, even if they leave the car...they are still an accessory to homicide. I still haven't had the time to look it up, but I'm not sure why Martinez wouldn't be an accessory especially since he could have potentially prevented crimes against her, had he called police when he left.

oh, no.. i know! it wasn't a poke at you :) i just get so mad that he didn't call the police and i wish i could have a personal talk with him to find out why since no reporters or LE are telling us what his "excuse" is.. but im sure he hasn't said anyway! lol

oh, no.. i know! it wasn't a poke at you :) i just get so mad that he didn't call the police and i wish i could have a personal talk with him to find out why since no reporters or LE are telling us what his "excuse" is.. but im sure he hasn't said anyway! lol

From your experience of living in Mexico: Any ideas of how he may be treated if apprehended there and waited for extradition? Hopefully, it would be harsher than a soft US jail.

From your experience of living in Mexico: Any ideas of how he may be treated if apprehended there and waited for extradition? Hopefully, it would be harsher than a soft US jail.

just like the US, the jails here are very veryyyyyyyyy overcrowded... altho the overcrowding here is probably 7 fold of that of the US. however, that's the actual prisons... where he would go if he was actually charged with something here. as far as detaining him and awaiting extradition... he'll probably go to a local police holding cell (also overcrowded).

many years ago, my fiance was arrested just for driving my car (i wasn't with him). i went to the place they were holding him that night and told them it was my car and it was ok for him to be driving it. they wanted $1000 to let him go that night and get my car back. well, i didn't have $1000... so, my car was taken to an impound lot and he was taken to another location where he had to wait for a judge to review the case. he was there for a few days. he said there were so many people in the cell he was in that people had to sleep in shifts. i don't think they fed him, his brother and i brought food in to be given to him, it took forever for them to be given a bathroom break because there wasn't a toilet in the cell.

when i picture TS being arrested, i envision him going somewhere similar & being treated the same. HOWEVER, knowing what he did, police might be even harsher on him. the people in this holding cell might be smaller-time trouble makers tho, so he might be held somewhere else where he can be watched closer. i really don't know. but he needs to hope and pray that whoever is in the holding cell with him doesn't find out what he's being accused of!

Haven't seen this posted. Says there is video of him crossing into Mexico several days ago.Really don't understand why they weren't watching the border immediately.

http://blogs.laweekly.com/informer/2013/04/tobias_summers_mexico_tecate_tijuana.php

from what i understand is he crossed the border before his name was released to the public? either that or it was right after, when they weren't even sure if he had headed to san diego yet. but i think it was before his info was even released. sounds to me like he panicked and took a huge head start to get away quickly.

actually, i'll say something that wouldn't even make what i just said matter. lol. every time i drove into mexico after his name and picture was released, i never once saw the border patrol checking cars headed south. not at the san ysidro crossing anyway.

This morning's local news said TS has a girlfriend in Mexico, who is likely helping him hide. Argh! What is wrong with some women?!?!

Totally get where you are coming from and the article...my dad used to tell my brother and I over and over to choose friends wisely, and tell us
that if we were driving a car, and our friend has killed someone during an armed robbery (like at a gas station, bank, liquor store, etc) we would be accessories to that crime.

As I understand it, in California, even if they leave the car...they are still an accessory to homicide. I still haven't had the time to look it up, but I'm not sure why Martinez wouldn't be an accessory especially since he could have potentially prevented crimes against her, had he called police when he left.

That puzzles me, too, unless (as someone else offered up earlier in the thread), he's talking in exchange for not being charged as accessory. (Even serving his time, that would make a difference in how he was treated by the other inmates, I'd gather.) If the little girl's testimony matches his in that aspect--that he bailed out pretty quick, I'd gather LE would be easier about not pursuing that accessory aspect--if it netted them TS. I'm sure if they believe anything, it's her account (not his).

I'd wager he didn't call LE because he'd just sold TS the meth that made him high and crazy enough to want to be doing this. Possibly DM was even a bit high, himself. Not exactly in prime form to report a serious kidnapping. In his state of possibly altered and decidedly horrendous judgment, all he cared about was ducking out/avoidance. :furious:

from what i understand is he crossed the border before his name was released to the public? either that or it was right after, when they weren't even sure if he had headed to san diego yet. but i think it was before his info was even released. sounds to me like he panicked and took a huge head start to get away quickly.

actually, i'll say something that wouldn't even make what i just said matter. lol. every time i drove into mexico after his name and picture was released, i never once saw the border patrol checking cars headed south. not at the san ysidro crossing anyway.

He's experienced. I think when he came down off whatever he was on, and realized (more clearly) what he'd been doing the last 11 hours, he panicked, dropped the girl off at the hospital, and knew right away he'd have to disappear (b/c of not killing her--she'd had plenty of time to be able to id him well to LE). I think he grabbed his cash, bought his prepaid cellphone, and ran.

I'd wager he didn't call LE because he'd just sold TS the meth that made him high and crazy enough to want to be doing this. Possibly DM was even a bit high, himself. Not exactly in prime form to report a serious kidnapping. In his state of possibly altered and decidedly horrendous judgment, all he cared about was ducking out/avoidance. :furious:

He's experienced. I think when he came down off whatever he was on, and realized (more clearly) what he'd been doing the last 11 hours, he panicked, dropped the girl off at the hospital, and knew right away he'd have to disappear (b/c of not killing her--she'd had plenty of time to be able to id him well to LE). I think he grabbed his cash, bought his prepaid cellphone, and ran.

BBM

Poitry, it seems you've stated as fact in these posts that Tobias Summers was meth at the time of the crimes against this little girl, and that the meth "made him" high and crazy enough to commit the crimes against her.

That sounds like you're saying Summers wouldn't have done this, were it not for drugs that "made him crazy", especially because in the second post you say he came down off the drugs and only then "realized" what he'd done to the child for 11 hours.

Could you please provide the link that confirms Summers was on drugs? And would not have committed this crime or realized what he'd done had he not taken those drugs?

Or is this just your opinion?

I haven't seen anything stating or confirming that Summers was on any drugs at the time his crimes against the little gir.

If you could clarify, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia
Back