CA CA - Wesley Billingsly, 24, San Diego, 12 Jun 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I know there are lots and lots of drug users with college degrees, so I'm not going to debate whether it's irrelevant or not. I understand what you're saying. But, just the fact that he was couch surfing while he was transitioning between college and a job isn't enough for me to accuse him of doing drugs.
MOO
Im not accusing. Im trying to think of a way he can disappear. If he had a previous issue, it becomes a little more clear, if not, what would cause him to disappear?

You said carjacking, but most of those the person isnt killed, if he was, wouldnt the body be nearby or blood be in the car? Nothing hints at that. His items were in the car, wouldnt you think a stolen car would be gutted for valuables before being abandoned?

If he didnt do drugs, since he was homeless, could he have looked to stay on a rando's couch and something happend from there? Thats my leading theory.

I just cant get over moving to SD (after moving home to "save up money to move back") with no apartment arrangement, no job. What would make him want to go back so soon, so fast? Something he couldnt get or didnt have connections to in Sac?

I hope theres some leads soon, but imo theres alot being unsaid and it doesnt help the case.

Or he could have done something to himself, which is sadly not uncommon. I hope not

Im not accusing. Im trying to think of a way he can disappear. If he had a previous issue, it becomes a little more clear, if not, what would cause him to disappear?

You said carjacking, but most of those the person isnt killed, if he was, wouldnt the body be nearby or blood be in the car? Nothing hints at that. His items were in the car, wouldnt you think a stolen car would be gutted for valuables before being abandoned?

If he didnt do drugs, since he was homeless, could he have looked to stay on a rando's couch and something happend from there? Thats my leading theory.

I just cant get over moving to SD (after moving home to "save up money to move back") with no apartment arrangement, no job. What would make him want to go back so soon, so fast? Something he couldnt get or didnt have connections to in Sac?

I hope theres some leads soon, but imo theres alot being unsaid and it doesnt help the case.

Or he could have done something to himself, which is sadly not uncommon. I hope not
And, you could be correct. Once again, I don't see enough to insinuate he's a drug user. Further, my statement about carjacking was this, "If it's true that he didn't show up to meet with friends, based on what we know at this point, I'd lean more toward something like a carjacking.
MOO

And, you could be correct. Once again, I don't see enough to insinuate he's a drug user. Further, my statement about carjacking was this, "If it's true that he didn't show up to meet with friends, based on what we know at this point, I'd lean more toward something like a carjacking.
MOO
Cool. Please dont keep twisting my words and telling me what I said in my own post. Thanks.

There is very little chance of a carjacking MOO

I assume they interviewed the friends.
Did he look to stay on couches of people who were not his friends? Like a couch surfing profile or craigslist?

I hate to ask but did he have a substance problem? Marijuana is legal in california so anyone over 21 can go into a store and buy it. Point being, for other drugs he would have to meet a dealer if so.
Cool. Please dont keep twisting my words and telling me what I said in my own post. Thanks.

There is very little chance of a carjacking MOO
You asked if he had a substance problem and mentioned marijuana, and that he'd have to meet a dealer for "other drugs." See BBM. I simply said that I don't see enough (yet) to come to that conclusion. I have not twisted your words at all, lol. You are misunderstanding me. o_O
MOO

You asked if he had a substance problem and mentioned marijuana, and that he'd have to meet a dealer for "other drugs." See BBM. I simply said that I don't see enough (yet) to come to that conclusion. I have not twisted your words at all, lol. You are misunderstanding me. o_O
MOO

I know there are lots and lots of drug users with college degrees, so I'm not going to debate whether it's irrelevant or not. I understand what you're saying. But, just the fact that he was couch surfing while he was transitioning between college and a job isn't enough for me to accuse him of doing drugs.
MOO

I am asking and putting out questions. I am stating the laws in Cali. I am saying how things work in that matter.
I am NOT accusing him of anything.

IMO the fact he was homeless and why is important

I am asking and putting out questions. I am stating the laws in Cali. I am saying how things work in that matter.
I am NOT accusing him of anything.

IMO the fact he was homeless and why is important
And, I just want you to understand that I didn't say you accused him of anything. I'm sorry if you read it that way. Please read my post again (BBM):
MOO

I don’t find the fact that he went down there without a job or apartment that strange. My daughter did the same when she finished her Masters in Europe and came back to find work in SD. She couch surfed for about six weeks until she landed her job with Scripps and found a roommate. I also know that she has put up countless friends who were in the same situation. Rent in San Diego is expensive especially if one wants to be near the beaches. Unfortunately, I don’t think we have enough info to try to figure out what happened to him. Have any of his friends ever spoken publicly?

BBM. Having a degree is irrelevant. It was reported he was living by relying on being allowed to stay on friends couches. The article you posted said he went back to SAC to work and save money to go back to SD but didnt have enough for an apartment? Wouldn't shelter be the first thing a college educated person with sound mind look to get? It makes me suspicious that he went that route.

The fact his car was found with his items in it makes me rule out a car jacking that led to the disappearance. It doesnt add up to be a carjacking IMHO.

Im leaning towards he met with someone with the intention of staying on their couch or purchasing something and something happened.

it is not uncommon for youth to live this way especially in CA, its expensive as hell here. my almost 21 year old son lives this way because he cant follow our house rules. he has a job and he smokes a little weed but nothing further.

it is not uncommon for youth to live this way especially in CA, its expensive as hell here. my almost 21 year old son lives this way because he cant follow our house rules. he has a job and he smokes a little weed but nothing further.
Im in Cali too. So yeah I know its expensive. But it takes a special IDGAF to willingly choose to be homeless. Its not normal.

Especially when it looks like he had a place welcoming him in SAC, that he chooses to go back to SD with no job and live off of friends.

IMO there was access to something there he REALLY wanted to be near.

IMO, a carjacking has just as must chance as the scenario you suggested based on evidence/info cited in MSM.

Carjacking but his stuff is still in the car? The car isnt stripped or resold?
If carjacked then where is his body or if he's alive why would he not reachout at this point? He didnt live in isolation, its a city.

Thats why I dont believe car jacking, it doesnt add up.

The most likely option IMHO is he tried to stay the night somewhere where that person did nefarious stuff.

I wish there was more info.

Im in Cali too. So yeah I know its expensive. But it takes a special IDGAF to willingly choose to be homeless. Its not normal.

Especially when it looks like he had a place welcoming him in SAC, that he chooses to go back to SD with no job and live off of friends.

IMO there was access to something there he REALLY wanted to be near.

my son is welcome home at any time as well but he chooses to live in a hotel w his friend. hes doing well and not on drugs. some ppl are just that way.

His mother has even traveled to Mexico with a translator recently....I hope someone speaks up to give her some relief...
57484560_2108466929451819_124759419740225536_n.jpg

I don’t find the fact that he went down there without a job or apartment that strange. My daughter did the same when she finished her Masters in Europe and came back to find work in SD. She couch surfed for about six weeks until she landed her job with Scripps and found a roommate. I also know that she has put up countless friends who were in the same situation. Rent in San Diego is expensive especially if one wants to be near the beaches. Unfortunately, I don’t think we have enough info to try to figure out what happened to him. Have any of his friends ever spoken publicly?
I agree with you. As far as shelter, he had both a plan A (staying with friends) and a plan B (returning to his mom's place). And that is exactly what most socially well-adjusted, financially responsible young adults do when looking for jobs in California when it is an option.

Last edited:
I think it is the norm for this age group to partipate in drinking and other substance use. Belaboring victims' imperfect decisions and demonizing common age appropriate behaviors does a disservice to them and may get in the way of friends or others being forthcoming. There is a thread about a young man (Matthew Weaver) who disappeared last August in Malibu and his car was also found with everything in it and his family still has no answers even though he had been out with people until early morning. Same thing with another disappearance case in Malibu (Elaine Park) the year before. I'd like to know more about why they are focusing on Mexico and condition of the car (ie had it been sitting there 9 months?)

what motive would a stranger have in a case where valuable assets like a car are left behind. it seems like a lot of trouble to make a random person disappear unless it is premeditated in some way. And the Mexico angle is unclear - was there evidence the car went over the border? I had a shady neibgbor ask to borrow my car for an unconventional sounding delivery a few years back (I declined). maybe the motive had to do with needing to use his car for something.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth
Back