Cadaver dog hit on scent in DBs bedroom

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm posting this here because posts about the cadaver dogs should go here, I suppose.

This is in response to the posts about dog experts who claim that false positive hits for human death can occur due to the presence of human waste.

If the cadaver dog hit on "human waste" (I'm supposing people are considering this term to be human excrement) inside of this house, why would this false positive hit (not my belief) occur in the bedroom and not in the other areas of the house where there would be human remains? I haven't read the text books written by the experts but I would like to know more details about where exactly the false positive hits occurred in each situation e.g. inside of a dwelling versus outdoors, etc.

Oriah, do police dogs have a habit of running from their handlers while in a car, and disappearing to the point that a chopper has to go up to help in the search for the dog? :waitasec:

Oriah, do police dogs have a habit of running from their handlers while in a car, and disappearing to the point that a chopper has to go up to help in the search for the dog? :waitasec:

Not Oriah, but no, they do not. K9 should have incredible recall abilities. These dogs are trained to be able to be called off a suspect at a dead run, to drop and hold. This is not normal at all.

It will get even more muddy if a DNA dog was brought in. But stats would sure come into play then. :(

ETA: Do we have any background on Lisa's birth and health history?

This is something I have wondered from the beginning. Were her well baby visits up to date? Did she have all of her inoculations and were there any health issues? HIPPA, most likely, precludes us knowing this, at this time.

Not Oriah, but no, they do not. K9 should have incredible recall abilities. These dogs are trained to be able to be called off a suspect at a dead run, to drop and hold. This is not normal at all.

Thanks, sarx. Idk about you, but recall is the singular most important piece of training a working K9 needs to master, imo.

Something must have went very wrong in the training, handling, or constitution of this poor pup. My first alert to that was that it was being referenced as 'seasoned' when the dog has only been working since June.
The second was that is is a young dog, and a malinois.

They tend to take awhile to 'grow' up.
Hope everyone- K9 included- is ok in the end.

sarx and Oriah, you've got me so interested in these dogs! I actually brought them up in my Sunday School class yesterday :innocent:. Not out of the blue... I was going off of something we were discussing about how everything in nature works in harmony. Thanks for answering all of our questions and telling us about your experiences.

Glad the dog is back. Some other news: Ron Rugen who was a guest on Websleuths radio speaking about the Lisa Irwin case just posted on his facebook that a cadaver dog hit on a blanket, a toy and clothes (last reported wearing). https://www.facebook.com/KansasCityPI

Glad the dog is back. Some other news: Ron Rugen who was a guest on Websleuths radio speaking about the Lisa Irwin case just posted on his facebook that a cadaver dog hit on a blanket, a toy and clothes (last reported wearing). https://www.facebook.com/KansasCityPI

Forgive me, but who exactly is Ron Rugen and how would he have gotten that info?

Forgive me, but who exactly is Ron Rugen and how would he have gotten that info?

He is a local PI and ex news reporter who lives in the area. He has been on WS radio a lot talking about the case. He has interviewed MW and her housemates many times. I assume he would have connections with LE after living and working in the area so long.

He is a local PI who says he is just interested in this case and not working for anybody. My question is how did he get this info or was it his assumption? I don't think he is anybody that LE would share this info with and if they did why him and nobody else? Not quite buying it yet.

I truly believe this info. JMO

I believe it too, and it's just a guess on my part. Rugen's claim really doesn't reinforce my belief... I'm not sure about this guy.

Here is the archive link to the websleuths radio session in which Ron Rugen appeared (Jim Spellman was the main guest): [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7348237&postcount=21"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Websleuths Radio Archived Shows[/ame]

I guarantee if somebody did share this info with him, they CANNOT be pleased that he stated it publicly on facebook. What kind of professional PI would do that?
Whether true or not, I bet LE will not share any more info with him any more with a stunt like that.

My opinion on the statement is that it could be true, but he states a person close to LE told him so it may not be also. I am on the fence only because it didn't come from LE but at the same time I don't think Rugen would put out spin or try to make the parents look guilty. I am just suspicious of everything in this case until it comes out has fact because so many things have been said and not much has been proven.

Honestly, I don't understand why a PI would speculate online, in media, anywhere really- in the midst of an ongoing investigation.

Seems like a bad idea to me.

I guarantee if somebody did share this info with him, they CANNOT be pleased that he stated it publicly on facebook. What kind of professional PI would do that?
Whether true or not, I bet LE will not share any more info with him any more with a stunt like that.

Well, that's what leaks are all about. We even hear that on the national evening news... a source close to the investigation tells us..."

Sometimes, those involved in investigations want more information to come out but they don't want their names attached to it.

I'm just not sure in this case though... it could be just Rugen wanting to keep his FB page and blog in the spotlight.

I heard him a few times and he never really jumped on the parents, he mentioned he thought Jersey may be involved and seemed very middle ground on the issue of the parents guilt.

Maybe his "source" can also give him some insight on whether Jersey is involved or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver