Cadaver dogs have hit on dumpster near home #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think you are right, I haven't seen anything about it either. Wouldn't it be something if she has been that close for this long?

Poor Haleigh, Prayers for Haleigh :(

That would be another one to add to the similarities between HaLeigh & Caylee's cases thread... fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on PCSO (if that turned out to be the case and HaLeigh was in that pond near the MH). :banghead:
MOO~

I must sign off for the night and get some z's but I'd like to thank you again sarx for being here and answering our questions - you've been great and I hope to get a chance to hear more from you. Night all!

Thank you, Maven. A blanket and bed sheets were used. :banghead: We still don't know where Haleigh slept if she did that night. We can assume she was at Sykes for the weekend and conflicting stories abound when she came home. Did AS laundry delivery include clean sheets?

IIRC the LVA test revealed Misty did not put Haleigh to bed like she claims she did. Misty's story about the pee blanket didn't happen..I doubt Haleigh ever made it home that afternoon.

I keep hearing about the family and drugs, is it possible that Haleigh got into something?

Thats possible, however I believe Haleigh got caught up in an altercation between Ron C and Misty or Ron C and someone else that afternoon after she got off the school bus.. And unfortunately paid the ultimate price due to his out of control anger and his need to control.. JMO

There is a prison located in Palatka whose dogs were used to trail Haleigh. I have heard that Crystal's father worked there at one time. I think this is where the info. is coming from that he used his dogs, they were not his dogs, he was just familiar with them because he used to work at the prison. The bloodhounds and employees of the prison helped in the search for Haleigh very early on. More than likely they are the ones who did the trail described in the police report. There is media helicopter footage of LE using German Shepherds in the daylight during the 10th of Feb.

http://www.dc.state.fl.us/facilities/region3/214.html

I'm with Papa and Sarx- I think it is highly likely the dogs were trailing a path that Haleigh had recently been on or a path from someone whose scent was also on the sheets. I don't put much into the dumpster being linked to Haleigh either, the handler stated in the news article the dogs could hit on human decomp. or blood-too many varibles to narrow it down.

Sarx, is it true that there are fewer dogs trained to hit only on human decomp than there are dogs trained to hit on blood as well? Seems I recall reading way back that they are not always available, since they are fewer and scattered over the country.

I posted early on my surprise learning they had used sheets to scent the dogs, and an article of clothing or a hairbrush makes a very good scent article. Thank you for clarifying that.

So glad you are here to answer questions! Welcome!!

Sarx, is it true that there are fewer dogs trained to hit only on human decomp than there are dogs trained to hit on blood as well? Seems I recall reading way back that they are not always available, since they are fewer and scattered over the country.

I posted early on my surprise learning they had used sheets to scent the dogs, and an article of clothing or a hairbrush makes a very good scent article. Thank you for clarifying that.

So glad you are here to answer questions! Welcome!!

Absolutely correct. There are relatively few dogs that have NOT been trained in blood as well. The problem is, that generally speaking a dog finding blood is a very handy and even crucial piece of evidence. It just doesn't work so well when you're searching things like dumpsters!

Glad I can help!

Well Drats! Let's get some dogs trained! WTH? If it comes down to funding, I am going to SCREAM!!

Well Drats! Let's get some dogs trained! WTH? If it comes down to funding, I am going to SCREAM!!

Nope, not funding so much as time (and a splash of politics). It takes a long time to train a SAR dog and you generally play the odds and go for what's going to be most useful most of the time. I am much more for specializing dogs and not cross training than most I think. I do see the benefits, but I see a lot of downsides too.

The other factor is that not all agencies play nice with each other, and not all SAR people do either. As terrible as it is, turf wars happen all the time. It is the single hardest part of SAR work, realizing that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emmab
Back