Found Deceased Cambodia - Amelia Bambridge, 21, UK backpacker, Koh Rong, 23 Oct 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I want to again say how important is that especially women not drink when they travel. If they want to party, they can stay home. If they want to explore the world, they should not drink. It's very rare that a missing traveller is not a couple of glasses in when last seen.

I CONSTANTLY warn my daughter of all the dangers and signs etc she hated me growing up, always calling and worrying and running round the estate looking for her. Instant anxiety kicking in if she was 10 mins late. She now, at 17, says i have a sixth sense for danger and i have installed it in her (u can only hope) its hard to let kids go and u should let them be free and experience life but, me, personally, no way would i let her solo travel. I have found myself talking to her already about group travel with friends as i know its inevitable now she has a job and all kinds of things can go wrong within a group, let alone solo.

Maybe too much to drink..or drugs involved. Either she was unable to navigate her way home alone in the dark, maybe still be lost (hopefully) or fell into some water.
Or she trusted the wrong person and ended up missing (or worse) à la Grace Millane..the British woman who was also taking a gap year to travel, who turned up missing and was found murdered in Auckland, New Zealand after hooking up with a man.

Maybe too much to drink..or drugs involved. Either she was unable to navigate her way home alone in the dark, maybe still be lost (hopefully) or fell into some water.
Or she trusted the wrong person and ended up missing (or worse) à la Grace Millane..the British woman who was also taking a gap year to travel, who turned up missing and was found murdered in Auckland, New Zealand after hooking up with a man.

Grace Millane met someone via a dating app, if I recall correctly, but it was similar in the sense that they were going to a party place (it was her birthday) and then they ended up at his nearby hotel where she was murdered. Similar because both women were travelling alone and looking for a party.

The backpack on the beach bothers me. It reminds me of Morgan Harrington. Her phone was found in a parking lot near the location where she was abducted. She had a couple of drinks, someone grabbed her, she dropped her phone, and poof. Maybe someone left Amelia's backpack on the beach to ensure that her phone wasn't pinged near her body?

You just never think it will be you telling that story about your child.
There have been to many instances where this has happened and no definitive answers have been given . Media dies down and its all forgotten about even though its dodgy circumstances and no justice for family.moo
Lets hope she is found safe and sound

Edit** no question in my mind she is high on drink/drugs moo

I CONSTANTLY warn my daughter of all the dangers and signs etc she hated me growing up, always calling and worrying and running round the estate looking for her. Instant anxiety kicking in if she was 10 mins late. She now, at 17, says i have a sixth sense for danger and i have installed it in her (u can only hope) its hard to let kids go and u should let them be free and experience life but, me, personally, no way would i let her solo travel. I have found myself talking to her already about group travel with friends as i know its inevitable now she has a job and all kinds of things can go wrong within a group, let alone solo.

It's not always the fun option, but it's a good idea to be back in the dorm/hotel by 8PM and sober. I've travelled quite a bit and what I noticed is that families have walks, promenade, in the early evening, but they are indoors at 8. Anyone who is out after 8 is viewed differently - especially in countries where there are attitudes about what type of women are out late alone. Live by the code of the land and the locals, not the code of the travellers.

It's not always the fun option, but it's a good idea to be back in the dorm/hotel by 8PM and sober. I've travelled quite a bit and what I noticed is that families have walks, promenade, in the early evening, but they are indoors at 8. Anyone who is out after 8 is viewed differently - especially in countries where there are attitudes about what type of women are out late alone. Live by the code of the land and the locals, not the code of the travellers.

Im not sure you would have that outlook as a young woman, abroad, solo, looking too insta all your bucket list ticks! Can u imagine.....#inbedat8pm living the dream.
I imagine that picture has many clues in, it seems a small group but backpackers move quickly especially if there is trouble and u stand to get your passport taken or arrested etc in a foreign country and then god knows what will happen and what u r made too sign

Im not sure you would have that outlook as a young woman, abroad, solo, looking too insta all your bucket list ticks! Can u imagine.....#inbedat8pm living the dream.
I imagine that picture has many clues in, it seems a small group but backpackers move quickly especially if there is trouble and u stand to get your passport taken or arrested etc in a foreign country and then god knows what will happen and what u r made too sign

It's not about being "in bed" at 8PM, it's about being where you are staying at that time. Hostels host events in the evening too - beer pong, kegs, pot lucks, tours - lots of options.

I agree. If a woman is missing at an Island hostel after a beach party, everyone is moving on and no one choosing that location when there are so many other options. Unfortunately, that also means that if a traveller did something to Amelia, that person also left the Island the next day.

It's not about being "in bed" at 8PM, it's about being where you are staying at that time. Hostels host events in the evening too - beer pong, kegs, pot lucks, tours - lots of options.

I agree. If a woman is missing at an Island hostel after a beach party, everyone is moving on and no one choosing that location when there are so many other options. Unfortunately, that also means that if a traveller did something to Amelia, that person also left the Island the next day.

I perhaps put that wrong ....i meant she would probably have a general idea of all the full moon parties etc that she wanted to go to and im guessing staying at the hostel is not what the group had in mind. One guy she was with ( the group so to speak) went to another island for the night for instance. And u know what ppl r like now they have to get a great fun pic etc and show how happy and amazing things are.
I have been to a few hostels ...given its mostly Amsterdam but everyone is young and hip and dont really hang about unless its a planned night in with a big group who have agreed, bbq etc. All imo and didnt mean to offend

I perhaps put that wrong ....i meant she would probably have a general idea of all the full moon parties etc that she wanted to go to and im guessing staying at the hostel is not what the group had in mind. One guy she was with ( the group so to speak) went to another island for the night for instance. And u know what ppl r like now they have to get a great fun pic etc and show how happy and amazing things are.
I have been to a few hostels ...given its mostly Amsterdam but everyone is young and hip and dont really hang about unless its a planned night in with a big group who have agreed, bbq etc. All imo and didnt mean to offend

Police Beach Party Club does host 2 parties a week as well as full moon parties. October 23 was not a full moon, it was just a regular techo-music bash starting at 11 and ending around 6 AM. Amelia had to walk 40 minutes on paths, along the beach and across a bridge to find the club.

I'm curious that she was apparently lost at 3:30AM but the party quite often goes until 6AM.

When did the party end that night? Did they stop the music at 3:30AM and that's why they know she would have started walking home at that time?

Do we know for sure that her backpack was found on Police Beach?

What about the nearby Koh Rong Community Pier beach, Monkey Island huts, or the Treehouse Bungalows beach? Can we get more information about which beach her backpack was found?

upload_2019-10-26_21-19-39.png

upload_2019-10-26_21-20-0.png

Fearing the worst. Not a seasoned traveller:- first time abroad, she's gone to a party and let her guard down, 21, and attractive. The fact her bag was found not too far away on the beach is also a red flag. She went missing on Wednesday night and it is now Sunday. If she met a man or went off with someone' you would have thought that she would have turned up the next day with a hangover.

Unfortunately, I instantly suspected she has been raped and killed. In a very poor country like Cambodia I can only hope I'm wrong.

Fearing the worst. Not a seasoned traveller:- first time abroad, she's gone to a party and let her guard down, 21, and attractive. The fact her bag was found not too far away on the beach is also a red flag. She went missing on Wednesday night and it is now Sunday. If she met a man or went off with someone' you would have thought that she would have turned up the next day with a hangover.

Unfortunately, I instantly suspected she has been raped and killed. In a very poor country like Cambodia I can only hope I'm wrong.

The Police Beach Party started at 11PM on Tuesday October 22. She was reported as last seen in the early morning at 3:30AM on October 23. She vanished on Tuesday night.

I think I read that Tuesday night is one of the 2 weekly parties at the Police Beach techno music club and cabins.

I don't think we should assume that her backpack was found on Police Beach. It was found on a "nearby" beach in relation to her hostel or the party?

I don't think she "went off" with anyone. She would never leave her backpack behind. I think her backpack was dropped or put where it was found - if we know more about where it was found, it's easier to figure out what part of the path she travelled safely and where things went long.

There's a combination of walking and taxi (walk, taxi, walk taxi) from hostel to Police Beach. Why is the only option to walk or take a water taxi? Do public transport and taxis shut down before the clubs close?

Something seems off with this picture in more ways than an abandoned backpack on a beach and a missing person. If another tourist did something to her, she should be close to trails and roads - since he's also on foot. Even if she was drunk, I doubt he could lure her far very far off-trail. If she's close to trails, roads and homes, why hasn't she been found?

upload_2019-10-26_22-2-53.png

Taking a closer look at the road near the Police Beach

upload_2019-10-26_22-4-3.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-10-26_22-5-29.png
    upload_2019-10-26_22-5-29.png
    1,008.1 KB · Views: 9
Are police and searchers assuming that she was drunk, alone and wandered off trail?

If so, I hope her body is found quickly so accident can be ruled out.

This is completely off topic, but this Island reminds me of Baby Beach on Maui Island. My daughter invited me to the full moon party, fire throwers, pot smokers, nudists, musicians, performers, enormous waves and dangerous tides. It was an outstanding evening. We were with 4 Germans and she had the car keys. At the end of the day, when the sun was down and police were blocking the only exit, when everyone was blotto, my daughter connected everyone together and got everyone home, over a cliff across the beach and down the path through the police and safe.

Do the police at Koh Rong police the end of evening shut-down at Police Beach Club and Bungalows? It just seems like something is wrong when a party club is open until 6AM and party goers have no way to get home except walk 40 minutes along jungle paths, a bridge and beach.

Did the Nest Beach Club hostel promote Police Beach? If so, who, why and what is the attraction knowing that reviews describe a dirty, corrupt venue.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adr5879
Back