Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know that he is a narcissist. We don't know much about him or his behaviours at all. We know he is ADD. We know about his past crimes. We know he is a loner who still lives with his parents. We know he had a grudge against AL. Beyond that we know nothing. I would be very surprised to learn that he frequented prostitutes. I would be even more surprised to learn that he has killed before. Awful that we will all have to wait a couple of years to find out just what this fella has been up to over the years.
I agree - Like so much in this case, its all speculation. But as I stated earlier, It's rare that someone goes from non-violent crimes to a triple homicide overnight. I suspect there is more to his criminal history including other violent crimes.

From the article:

Global News has learned that investigators are now seeing if he has links to any other violent crimes, which experts say is common in cases like this.

“If you have unsolved crimes and you have no idea who might have done them, then you have an individual who you suspect is capable of doing a range of very violent actions, then it makes sense,” says forensic psychologist Dr. Perry Sirota. “There might be a fit between what this person is suspected of doing, because of course it’s alleged now and it might fit with a pattern of crimes that remain unsolved."

http://globalnews.ca/news/1472714/p...as-garland-has-links-to-other-violent-crimes/<br/>

After reading this, how old is AL & KL's son AL'n? PG is 46. How old was KL when she had AL'n. A few pages back in a link it said AL & KL were in a 35 year relationship, which would make KL 18 and AL 31? If I think back to my annoyance of whom met who (or who intro'd who to whom), IMO it's about the prime real estate and not the patent dispute.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ear-old-and-his-grandparents/article19628675/

After reading this, how old is AL & KL's son AL'n? PG is 46. How old was KL when she had AL'n. A few pages back in a link it said AL & KL were in a 35 year relationship, which would make KL 18 and AL 31? If I think back to my annoyance of whom met who (or who intro'd who to whom), IMO it's about the prime real estate and not the patent dispute.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ear-old-and-his-grandparents/article19628675/

I think this article did a good job of summarizing many of the things that have been discussed on this forum. It strikes me again, with respect to what we know and don't know about DG--wasn't the ADD a "self diagnosis" not arrived at through a psychiatric/psychological assessment, and isn't there no documentation regarding the car accident that DG claims happened. Without supporting documentation aren't these things just DG's opinions (though that's not the word I'm racking my brain for) or statements that he thought would work in his favour in that court case. And thus are not things that we really know about him.

One of the earliest reports I read (before discovering Websleuths), had a statement saying Nathan "was my son" which I just kind of read as a granddads love for his grandchild. However, considering how confusing and backward this case is, is it so far fetched to say that NO was in fact AL's son? I know, I know it's a stretch and then some but now after considering how old KL and AL were when they hooked up, maybe AL, you know... there have been far stranger cases out there.

Sharene Rae Oswald, 42

Sept. 2004 A positive identification has been made on the human remains discovered last month by local youths southeast of Airdrie. The skeletal remains of Sharene Rae Oswald, 42, - a Calgary resident originally from Ontario, who also went by the last names of Williamson, Elliott and Pearson &#8211; were discovered Feb. 27 in a wooded area two kilometres south of Yankee Valley Road near Range Road 290. RCMP identify human remains

Read the info on these cases... Especially about the truck:

"The police said they believe:

the suspect drives a truck, van, or a sport utility vehicle, and is comfortable driving in rural areas. The vehicle will be suitably maintained and likely has a significant amount of mileage. The vehicle may be used for work and outdoor activities such as hunting, fishing, or farming.
the suspect may participate in outdoor activities such as hunting, fishing, camping, etc.
the suspect may have periodically cleaned the interior and exterior of his vehicle, perhaps at times that are unusual for this particular individual. "

http://www.canadaka.net/forums/alberta-f31/edmonton-mass-murderer-t6505.html

Just to clarify that although Sharene is one of the missing/murdered women of Alberta, she is not one of the 8 cases connected by Project Kare (that the above partial profile relates to). The 8 Kare victims all disappeared from Edmonton and the body recovery sites were in much closer proximity to Edmonton:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ed-women-of-Edmonton-ON&p=8368516#post8368516

AL junior is AL's son from a prior marriage to SB (so KL is his stepmother), and just for the record, AL and KL had been married 25 years, not 35.

[modsnip] I know, I know it's a stretch and then some but now after considering how old KL and AL were when they hooked up, maybe AL, you know... there have been far stranger cases out there.

[modsnip] I know, I know it's a stretch and then some but now after considering how old KL and AL were when they hooked up, maybe AL, you know... there have been far stranger cases out there.

I don't think any of us have read/heard the statement you refer to. Very early in the case, AL's brother CL said something along the lines of "he just loved Nathan to death".

AL junior is AL's son from a prior marriage to SB (so KL is his stepmother), and just for the record, AL and KL had been married 25 years, not 35.
A few pages back it quotes a friend as saying that they were in a relationship for 35 years. And the G&M article above claims AL'n is the son of KL & AL. So how old is AL'n?

I don't think any of us have read/heard the statement you refer to. Very early in the case, AL's brother CL said something along the lines of "he just loved Nathan to death".

I'm not sure who "US" are in relation to my reading a CBC or CTV report, I'm not seeking validation of what I know that I read. CL may have said that, but I never read that, but it doesn't mean the article is non-existent.

We don't know that he is a narcissist. We don't know much about him or his behaviours at all. We know he is ADD. We know about his past crimes. We know he is a loner who still lives with his parents. We know he had a grudge against AL. Beyond that we know nothing. I would be very surprised to learn that he frequented prostitutes. I would be even more surprised to learn that he has killed before. Awful that we will all have to wait a couple of years to find out just what this fella has been up to over the years.

Most cases I've followed over the years have a 1-2 year interval between arrest and trial. That seems to be how long it takes to put the case together.

We know that the suspect is capable of committing a violent crime. I think that tells us a lot about the suspect. Violent people do not begin committing violent acts at the age of 54, but rather have it in their personality to resort to violence. The suspect had numerous convictions that relate to deception, drugs, theft, and random aggression. This man does not live within the law, but rather lives life as though the law is for other people. He must have an awful lot of anger to be able to murder three people, including a five year old child. I believe that he is tenacious, viewing his decision to pursue legal action against the government as being driven to get what he believes was rightfully his. I believe he tenaciously pursued Liknes to add his name to the patent, believing that it was his right to be listed as a co-inventor. I think he believes that his rights should be respected, but simultaneously, he has no respect for the rights of others. I think he perceives that others are stupid, and the fact that he was able to request a second copy of false identification after conviction for that crime (or secretly keep a second copy) would have re-affirmed his belief that the government is pretty stupid. I don't think that he expected to be caught for these murders ... which might mean that the bodies are not that far from his home ... a comfortable distance, but not close enough that they would lead police to his backyard.

A few pages back it quotes a friend as saying that they were in a relationship for 35 years. And the G&M article above claims AL'n is the son of KL & AL. So how old is AL'n?

Going from memory, but I think that Alvin's son Allen is 46 (that was in one of the news articles), and the couple were married for about 25 years. Kathryn was 53 years old and Nathan's mom was born before Kathryn married Alvin. 53-35 would mean that Kathryn was 18 when she married Alvin ... I don't think that's correct.

Going from memory, but I think that Alvin's son Allen is 46 (that was in one of the news articles), and the couple were married for about 25 years. Kathryn was 53 years old and Nathan's mom was born before Kathryn married Alvin. 53-35 would mean that Kathryn was 18 when she married Alvin ... I don't think that's correct.
marriage and hooking up are two different things. the g&m also then has a major typo in their family tree.

I'm not sure who "US" are in relation to my reading a CBC or CTV report, I'm not seeking validation of what I know that I read. CL may have said that, but I never read that, but it doesn't mean the article is non-existent.

Maybe this was what you read earlier...I felt from the comments by CL ...that AL just adored NO as KL did..as their grandson...JMO

&#8220;He loved the child to death,&#8221; he said.
&#8220;That&#8217;s his boy. There&#8217;s something not right here and we don&#8217;t know (what it is)."
BBM^^
http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/0...l-mysteriously-vanished-after-an-estate-sale/

It also helps explain what they found at the scene in order to confirm death occurred. Dismemberments often take place in a bathtub - It is assumed that the evidence can be washed away, but lots is left behind in the plumbing.

I could never live in that home.:sick:

I could never live in that home.:sick:

I'm certain that the lawyer who bought it will probably do a tear down and rebuild a nice, modern home.

Despite that, however, I still don't think I'd want to live there. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The case your referring to is the disappearance, and subsequent murder, of Amber Tuccaro. Project Kare posted an audio recording last year of Amber and her murderer... It is enough to send chills down your spine.

Here is the link to the audio from the project Kare website... She seems to have made a clandestine call to a friend because she was getting scared that the driver she was hitchiking with was not taking her to her destination.

http://www.kare.ca

IMHO If DG was regularly associating with prostitutes then he could absolutely be involved in the cases of all the missing women of Edmonton...

bbm

Unsolved cases in B.C. as well. Considering the magnitude of this crime, I'm not sure the focus should just be on women.

Sharene Rae Oswald, 42

Sept. 2004 A positive identification has been made on the human remains discovered last month by local youths southeast of Airdrie. The skeletal remains of Sharene Rae Oswald, 42, - a Calgary resident originally from Ontario, who also went by the last names of Williamson, Elliott and Pearson &#8211; were discovered Feb. 27 in a wooded area two kilometres south of Yankee Valley Road near Range Road 290. RCMP identify human remains

Read the info on these cases... Especially about the truck:

"The police said they believe:

the suspect drives a truck, van, or a sport utility vehicle, and is comfortable driving in rural areas. The vehicle will be suitably maintained and likely has a significant amount of mileage. The vehicle may be used for work and outdoor activities such as hunting, fishing, or farming.
the suspect may participate in outdoor activities such as hunting, fishing, camping, etc.
the suspect may have periodically cleaned the interior and exterior of his vehicle, perhaps at times that are unusual for this particular individual. "

http://www.canadaka.net/forums/alberta-f31/edmonton-mass-murderer-t6505.html

I found a few more news articles on it. Still trying to find the main news story, the link I found doesn't work.

Alberta Killer May Have BC Ties

http://www.castanet.net/news/BC/10183/Alberta-Killer-May-Have-BC-Ties

[modsnip]

http://phxgurl.proboards.com/thread/672/police-asking-help

Most cases I've followed over the years have a 1-2 year interval between arrest and trial. That seems to be how long it takes to put the case together.

We know that the suspect is capable of committing a violent crime. I think that tells us a lot about the suspect. Violent people do not begin committing violent acts at the age of 54, but rather have it in their personality to resort to violence. The suspect had numerous convictions that relate to deception, drugs, theft, and random aggression. This man does not live within the law, but rather lives life as though the law is for other people. He must have an awful lot of anger to be able to murder three people, including a five year old child. I believe that he is tenacious, viewing his decision to pursue legal action against the government as being driven to get what he believes was rightfully his. I believe he tenaciously pursued Liknes to add his name to the patent, believing that it was his right to be listed as a co-inventor. I think he believes that his rights should be respected, but simultaneously, he has no respect for the rights of others. I think he perceives that others are stupid, and the fact that he was able to request a second copy of false identification after conviction for that crime (or secretly keep a second copy) would have re-affirmed his belief that the government is pretty stupid. I don't think that he expected to be caught for these murders ... which might mean that the bodies are not that far from his home ... a comfortable distance, but not close enough that they would lead police to his backyard.

Thanks Otto. Again we do not KNOW. He has been charged with murder but never convicted before of a violent crime. I have no doubt that he is guilty but my assertions are about what we think versus what we know. I maintain that we know very little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member