Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What would be the chances AL would even have his glasses on after leaving the home (likely deceased) that evening?
Also what would be the reason to connect a pair of glasses (or for that matter, a wedding band) to AL?
Is the working theory on the scuba guy's lost-and-found discoveries that the killer took the time to swing past the river and chuck those items? To what end?
(Quoting news.talk but that last question is for kaley)

Also what would be the reason to connect a pair of glasses (or for that matter, a wedding band) to AL?
Is the working theory on the scuba guy's lost-and-found discoveries that the killer took the time to swing past the river and chuck those items? To what end?

Well maybe he planted it as a decoy... Wait and see, I guess.

Since we are talking about cults now, in one of my nights of sleuthing I remember reading about Airdrie and there was a common theme that there are a lot of culty-backwoods-wiccan type of groups that meet up in the woods and do spells or whatever else they do.

Then I read a story about 10 years ago or so there were like 10 suicides within a 6 months span, in Airdrie, and they were all linked to this cult.

Strangely they were all found with the Goo Goo Doll's son Iris playing in the room. Do any locals know what I am talking about or is is some urban myth?

The sites I found this info on are questionable.

Is the white spot near the window the broken mirror that neighbours mentioned, or is the window open and that's an elbow poking out the window? I don't see a wrist watch.

I think it is a very large white hand on the steering wheel.

Well originally I thought some items may have come off the bodies and that perhaps the bodies were disposed of in the river near Stanley Park but who knows. Maybe DG wanted to dispose of the jewelry so he could destroy the bodies without jewelry as it probably wouldn't dissolve/ burn. Or maybe the items have nothing to do with this case at all. With the theories of mobs/ drug lords/ Russian brides I didn't think this one was as far off :) IMOO

Good find kaley, I sent this person a message and hopefully LE will be advised.

I sent them a msg too. Waiting for a response. It might be a long shot but the spot on the river is close to the Liknes residence.

It is. There are bales and a tractor on the field in the google earth photo.

Every square inch of the expensive land around Calgary and Airdrie is made use of. As someone early on mentioned, many land owners have a home farm, with a nice house on it, and rent the land to share croppers. Some love the farming life, and even if they don't farm 6 quarters of land any more, many retired farmers or their grown kids take on the role of 'gentleman farmers', on these smaller parcels.
There would be no such thing as a farm that has completely gone to weeds in this area.
You know that google earth is not giving us pictures in real time, right? Those images could be 4 years old.

As I mentioned earlier DG was missing glasses in the first court appearance. Perhaps they fell off of his face in the water.

Every square inch of the expensive land around Calgary and Airdrie is made use of. As someone early on mentioned, many land owners have a home farm, with a nice house on it, and rent the land to share croppers. Some love the farming life, and even if they don't farm 6 quarters of land any more, many retired farmers or their grown kids take on the role of 'gentleman farmers', on these smaller parcels.
There would be no such thing as a farm that has completely gone to weeds in this area.
You know that google earth is not giving us pictures in real time, right? Those images could be 4 years old.

Yes I know all of this. So.....we have established that it IS a working farm (working acreage b/c it is small?). Or am I confused about what a working farm is? I assume it means it has crops that are harvested. When the officers were searching it was clear that they were walking in wheat fields.

I think I'm lost as to what point is trying to be made.

I think the communities, like the District of Rockyview, must have very strict rules about care of the land. For example, if noxious weeds take hold in one property, entire crops can be ruined. I suspect that routine, random inspections are done to ensure that everyone does their part to protect valuable agricultural lands.

Yes I know all of this. So.....we have established that it IS a working farm (working acreage b/c it is small?). Or am I confused about what a working farm is? I assume it means it has crops that are harvested. When the officers were searching it was clear that they were walking in wheat fields.

I think I'm lost as to what point is trying to be made.

There has been some scepticism about whether the fields are agricultural, or whether they are simply wild fields that haven't been cared for over a period of years. I'm pretty sure that a wild field wouldn't look like the Airdrie acreage. There was also a question as to whether Douglas Garland looked after the crops, or whether the property was rented out.

There has been some scepticism about whether the fields are agricultural, or whether they are simply wild fields that haven't been cared for over a period of years. I'm pretty sure that a wild field wouldn't look like the Airdrie acreage. There was also a question as to whether Douglas Garland looked after the crops, or whether the property was rented out.
DG made the suggestion to the Judge that he was needed on the farm to continue working. So if we are to believe what he said, would he be doing farm-like activities on the farm? And in terms of Google Earth, agreed, the images can be many years old. I am just so mystified by all of this and just saddened that no closure for the family.

I've been wondering that too, and haven't read anything about it. He wasn't at any of the press conferences, and hasn't spoken on behalf of his identical twin at all. I find that surprising.
They live in Evanston and run a business there so not likely to be in Mexico right now. They have a holiday apartment in Mexico.

Hi, this is my first post. I wonder if the white spot near the window of the truck could be a white piece of plastic of some sort. If it is a white shirt, then it could be a long sleeve white shirt as it appears closer to the steering wheel as opposed to an elbow resting on the window. JMO

I just wonder if someone would wear a white long sleeved shirt on a murderous mission?

Where are people seeing bales of hay and tractors on the Garland farm? I've looked at Google satellite images and Google Earth, and don't see anything that looks like that.

DG made the suggestion to the Judge that he was needed on the farm to continue working. So if we are to believe what he said, would he be doing farm-like activities on the farm? And in terms of Google Earth, agreed, the images can be many years old. I am just so mystified by all of this and just saddened that no closure for the family.

Google Earth imagery is from August 8, 2012.

I just wonder if someone would wear a white long sleeved shirt on a murderous mission?

The white spot near the window might be the reflection of the street light in the mirror.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klaus28