Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where are people seeing bales of hay and tractors on the Garland farm? I've looked at Google satellite images and Google Earth, and don't see anything that looks like that.

Google Earth
Sometimes you have to adjust the date, as there are also historical images.

Attachments

• Airdrie Acreage Farm - Copy.jpg
    Airdrie Acreage Farm - Copy.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 112
Bandage perhaps?

That's a possibility ... the injury that we noticed in the footage where he was being charged was on the right elbow, but maybe there's another injury on his left arm.

Google Earth imagery is from August 8, 2012.

This might be a useful website that explains what is and is not considered a "farm land" in Alberta. The so called "hobby farm" could apply to this case: http://www1.agric.gov.ab.ca/$department/deptdocs.nsf/all/faq7142?opendocument

I just wonder if someone would wear a white long sleeved shirt on a murderous mission?

Yea, beats me too! :) It could be disposable white coveralls as someone suggested earlier today.

Where are people seeing bales of hay and tractors on the Garland farm? I've looked at Google satellite images and Google Earth, and don't see anything that looks like that.

I am not seeing it either.

Here are some aerial pictures of when LE was conducting their search on the Airdrie property. Pictures 5 and 7 show a green house. Although small, could it have been used to farm nursery products?
Here is the link: http://globalnews.ca/news/1436203/m...igators-spend-third-day-searching-rural-land/

There was a neighbour who said that the night of June 30 they saw a light on in the green house which is not usually on. I'll try to find the link. I'm not sure if it was relevant but LE would have found something if it was.

I had gone through all dates. One of us has the wrong property. Your co-ordinates are somewhere north of Stewart Road; I believe the Garland property is south of Stewart Road, just north of Farries Drive. The co-ordinates I have for it are 51.16.49.93 / 113.58.03.55

This is what I get for my co-ordinates as at 8/8/2012

I think the property Otto showed is correct.

I found this image of a green ford f150. It's an 89. Looks like the same truck. I posted the link because it is a clear picture and shows the side mirror more clearly. When compared to DGs truck, I think the write spot is just the silver backing on the mirror.
Thoughts??

https://www.google.ca/search?tbs=sb...rks.com%2F1980-1989-ford-trucks10.htm;400;202

It may very well be a reflection of some sort, whether from the mirror or light. In a few pages back Otto and some others mentioned this.

Also in relation to facts within the timeline, I have that in 2001 one of AL's pumps "was built but never proved economically viable". Where did that info come from? The first application (2001) was for a grant that was issued in 2003 (not an application for a patent). All other (3) patent applications have issue dates. There is no reference to a patent that was not granted or wasn't viable.

http://patents.justia.com/inventor/alvin-liknes

Just in case this hasn't already been answered.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/0...glas-garland-over-patent-calgary-family-says/

A similar patent was also filed jointly with Mr. Liknes and a company called Northern Pressure Systems Ltd. in 2001. One of the shareholders and directors of that company was Dick Bonnycastle, who operated Harlequin Enterprises before it was sold to the Toronto Star.

Mr. Bonnycastle told the National Post that he vaguely remembered Mr. Liknes, but the inventor hadn’t been involved with the company for about a decade. The pump was built, but never proved to be economically viable. Investment was further stalled when natural gas prices tanked in 2008. Northern Pressure Systems went dormant.

I think the property Otto showed is correct.

You're right and otto is right. WTH ?? All along when I pump in the addy, google maps and google earth are taking me way further south for some reason. No wonder I couldn't see bales, etc ... then my past posts about the driveway going in are all wrong. Arghhhh :furious: Talking apples and oranges here.

Damn .. I'm going to take a nap !!!

Otto, I think you might be somewhat correct... In your previous post I believe you may have the camera properly sleuthed - so 8.86 degrees on the horizon doesn't appear to be during the time you suggested but rather 5pm in the afternoon according to this website's angles

The theory is interesting, but I would love to know what you are measuring on the fuzzy picture with such precision.

You're right and otto is right. WTH ?? All along when I pump in the addy, google maps and google earth are taking me way further south for some reason. No wonder I couldn't see bales, etc ... then my past posts about the driveway going in are all wrong. Arghhhh :furious: Talking apples and oranges here.

Damn .. I'm going to take a nap !!!

I think we are all tired! Some great Sleuthing today everyone!!

I am also going for a nap :)

They live in Evanston and run a business there so not likely to be in Mexico right now. They have a holiday apartment in Mexico.
[modsnip]. In the link of MSM article a comment was posted about AL having relatives and ancestors going back many years in Evanston. I believe this comment demonstrated the link many WS were wondering why about AL and KL were moving to Evanston and not remaining in Calgary.

I deleted my post so as not to confuse others as much as I was confused :confused:

The theory is interesting, but I would love to know what you are measuring on the fuzzy picture with such precision.

He is referring to the white part near the window of the green truck caught on CCTV camera. One theory is that the white part is the reflection of sun/light(?). Something tells me that wasn't your question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klaus28