Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Paid assassins? Mexican drug lords? Please explain.

Mexico just a drive away. Businesses that aren't well know in their own small knit community which give them a reason to cross the border transporting goods back and forth. Businesses allow them access to chemicals that can be used for bad things. They didn't find any meth labs on the farm because this is a sophisticated operation and nobody would be that stupid.

Wanting to retire in Mexico suggests to me familiarity and connections to the area. The grandparents may have been approached by individuals in Mexico that do not take no for an answer.

Something that might reveal things is finding out if they bought a place in Mexico? From who?

The child could be in Mexico right now

OMG and I see two 55 gallon blue plastic drums behind the greenhouse. That is what would be needed for using an acid or lye. Oh my....and the neighbor said the lights were left on in the greenhouse which was very unusual. I bet there is a floor drain in there.

I bet there is not a floor drain, or even a concrete pad. Greenhouses have dirt floors.

Busy day today, but I'll start looking at mapping the kijiji photos to the floor plan. I need to tweak the stairs locations and figure out how the floor plan changed when the addition was put onto the back of the house. The more I think about it, the more it seems that the family was at the top level (bedrooms) during the attack. In any other scenario, where they were on the main floor (front entrance, back deck doors), or the garage level (garage people door, side door, sliding door to back yard), it should have been possible for Kathryn to have an escape route with Nathan ... and part of me believes that Alvin would have taken on the accused to give Kathryn and Nathan a chance to escape. Two scenarios where that would have been really difficult to escape are if they were in the lowest level of the house (under the main floor), or upstairs (bedrooms). I'm inclined to believe they were on the bedroom level and that the one exit was blocked by the murderer.

Well it's been reported that the ID he was found to have been in possession of a few weeks ago was again, that of Matthew Kemper Hartley...the deceased 14 yr old boy's ID he'd used (and been charged for) years ago. Not sure about whose CC it was although it couldn't have been AL or KL's as LE were quick to state to the media that the ID and bank card he was found to have were not related to the missing person's case so to me that means it wasn't either of the L's cards, IMO

http://www.calgarysun.com/2014/07/1...-disappearance-of-calgary-family-granted-bail

Credit cards result in bills which arrive in the mail. I'm curious where these were being mailed given DG didn't live alone and even a postal station/office/store would know everyone in the community ?

Mexico just a drive away. Businesses that aren't well know in their own small knit community which give them a reason to cross the border transporting goods back and forth. Businesses allow them access to chemicals that can be used for bad things. They didn't find any meth labs on the farm because this is a sophisticated operation and nobody would be that stupid.

Wanting to retire in Mexico suggests to me familiarity and connections to the area. The grandparents may have been approached by individuals in Mexico that do not take no for an answer.

Something that might reveal things is finding out if they bought a place in Mexico? From who?

The child could be in Mexico right now
Mexico is just a drive away? DAYS of driving, that is.

You seem to be suggesting that driving back and forth through Mexican border crossings is easy, which it's not. I've done it as a Canadian tourist, and for me, it was pretty stressful.

Many Canadians have a great familiarity with Mexico, including me. Many Canadians own property there, and retire part of the year there. I don't know what would lead you to speculate about Mexican drug lords and the Likneses, the only common denominator seems to be time spent in Mexico. The only apparent drug tie - a brother in law who dealt/manufactured drugs in Airidre in the early 90s. Pretty sketchy ties, IMO. Am I missing some ties? Please enlighten.

I know we would all love to believe NO is still alive somewhere. I just do not see the CPS and chief Hanson carelessly informing NO's parents and family and the public that NO is dead without significant, irrefutable evidence. I'm quite sure we can trust that sadly, NO is dead.

IMHO

Credit cards result in bills which arrive in the mail. I'm curious where these were being mailed given DG didn't live alone and even a postal station/office/store would know everyone in the community ?
Maybe he opted for e-billing? Hence no mailed statement.

Good point. I imagine he would have rented a mail box somewhere in Calgary, unless his parents (speculating) were aware that their son was not really playing by society's rules.

My home office is super messy :) I wish I was a neat freak!!

Likewise ... home office appears chaotic (but isn't), work office always appears very organized.

It kind of looks like a mark from a trash bag that was dripping goo from a hole. I've had that unfortunate experience before. And the final mark in the driveway could explain someone placing the bag down for a moment so it would form a puddle. JMO.

I agree. I posted that thought myself several threads ago.......and perhaps it was even a very heavy garbage bag, so heavy that the person dragged it on the ground versus carried it. I too have carried a leaking garbage and had similar fluid trails left on my sidewalk.

I apologize if this has been said already but another thing I noticed in the kijiji ads is that some say they are moving out of province. Some say out of country, and one even says they are in Canmore but the item can be viewed in Calgary.
Here is a list of all the poster's ads.
http://www.kijiji.ca/o-posters-other-ads/56563739

It's funny how that is worded...
<rsbm>

It's also interesting that CTV Alberta Bureau Chief, Janet Dirks direct quoted on the ID issue as follows:

https://twitter.com/janetdirks/status/486183058937114624

Douglas Garland charge: "did knowingly obtain/possess ID info of Matthew Hartley... intended to be used to commit an indictable offence."

but ... The media was all over this, so the total lack of info related to the "bank card" issue smacks of something being kept under wraps.

I apologize if this has been said already but another thing I noticed in the kijiji ads is that some say they are moving out of province. Some say out of country, and one even says they are in Canmore but the item can be viewed in Calgary.
Here is a list of all the poster's ads.
http://www.kijiji.ca/o-posters-other-ads/56563739

The Canmore item that was for sale was discussed in earlier threads .. it belonged to a friend of Kathryn's who is in Canmore.

IMO, the markings on the cement are from someone carrying a bag above the ground rather than dragging it. My reason for thinking this is if it was dragged on the ground and leaked, the pattern would not be so wiggly but rather more straight in path however if someone was carrying a bag say over the shoulder and there was a pin prick hole this is exactly what the liquid would do when it drips on to the ground. It would be more variant in the pattern like it is in the photo. Therefore, imo it is a small pin prick hole in the bag rather than a tear or rip and being carried above the ground level likely over the shoulder.
In terms of an office chair scenario. IMO not likely as there are three wheels generally on a office chair and I would think that would have left more of a pattern. Same can be said for a dolly which has two wheels generally.

The Canmore item that was for sale was discussed in earlier threads .. it belonged to a friend of Kathryn's who is in Canmore.

Thank you I missed that. Is it the same item that is on the lawn now with candles?

Thank you I missed that. Is it the same item that is on the lawn now with candles?

Yes. Likely purchased by a neighbor at the estate sale and placed there after the crime out of respect. WS had discussions on whether the family placed it there but imo not likely.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/cms/binary/9992143.jpg?size=620x400s
There was some discussion about the cement parging color on the sidewalk side of the home and whether it had been darkened by media to cover graffiti. IMO, I believe it was simply an exposure setting on the camera that made the cement wall look darker then it actually is. I have not seen any photos of graffiti on the wall in msm. The cement wall is a darker shade of blue grey throughout the exterior cement foundation areas and agreed that photo was very dark but as shown in attached photo there is no graffiti and the color matches that of the house in the front.

MSM photo of home and cement parging color looks dark:
http://storage.torontosun.com/v1/dynamic_resize/sws_path/suns-prod-images/1297583028759_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&size=420x

MSM photo of home and cement parging color looks lighter:
http://vipmedia.globalnews.ca/2014/07/liknes-teddy.jpg?w=672&h=448&crop=1

Purple gas is also known as "marked' gas. It is regular gasoline or diesel to which an additive has been added to give it a mauve colour. It is meant to be used only in off road farm vehicles and heavy equipment. You are not supposed to drive a vehicle powered by marked fuel on government/provincial roads It is less expensive, by approx. 10 cents/litre, than regular fuel as there is no road tax on it. (Hence the temptation to use it as regular fuel) Many/most farms have a large purple gas tank for the explicit purpose of use in farm vehicles only. You are only allowed to run purple gas in a vehicle (car or truck or SUV, etc. if it has a 'farm' license plate/insurance. If you are caught with marked gas in your daily driver you are subject to a fine by the LE.
http://www1.agric.gov.ab.ca/general/progserv.nsf/all/pgmsrv9

We use farm fuel in our trucks for farm business which is varied. We have one quarter that is seven miles from us and how would we get there if we can't drive on the roads? We can also go to farm our other farm which is five hours away from where we live. A lot of farmers fuel at the bulk stations when travelling and I imagine they probably have cameras on site too. DG may have had a bulk fuel card. If the land was rented out he would not qualify but if they farm it themselves and make $10,000 then they would qualify.

The newer fuel tanks sit right on the ground and pump up into the tractor or truck. The older ones are raised and fill the vehicle by gravity flow. I wonder if their haying was done when he was arrested and he was concerned about getting out there to do it. Yet I still think he was after hidden cash so he could disappear again because the heat was on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grimlockedin