Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The bottom pic with the bed you can see in the top left corner a staircase going down so it must be upstairs.

Hi bakerlady, kaley
I did research and posted on WS a couple of weeks ago about the kijiji photos. I was able to confirm via msm photos and cross referencing the kijiji photos to the home looking from the exterior and interior of the home. The cream colored couch, loveseat and fern plant are located on the main floor living room of the home which is located to the right of the front door area looking from the road towards the home.
The pullout couch is in the basement.
The leather furniture imo was not AL's work office at a different location but rather in a home office in the home. With the aerial photo I posted today, imo that home office is in the rear of the home as per the window sizes in the photo and the aerial photo posted. The home office windows do not match the windows on the area above the garage. Secondarily, the kijiji ad said to view the leather couches et al at the Parkhill home albeit that is neither here nor there.
http://i0.wp.com/media.globalnews.ca/videostatic/55/447/GC140701_Noon_Jenna.jpg?w=670

View attachment 56094
http://www.ctvnews.ca/polopoly_fs/1.1896362!/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_960/image.jpg

In this photo, LE have arrived the first day of investigation.
I notice two things in the photo. Firstly, the potted ceramic plant at the bottom of the steps. Is there a possibility that the family left a key under the potted plant as a general rule. It is an old habit many families still do especially larger families to make it easier to come and go for the family for various reasons. The second thought is the mail box location which is at the bottom of the stairs as well on the metal railings. Could a key to the home have been left in there as a habit again for the extended family to use. I hope LE took prints on both items.

I am sorry for posting a lot today but my brain is working overtime and troubles me greatly the victims. Once again, I had not seen this photo previously and so I posted this morning and in viewing the picture more thoroughly it really does explain in my mind at least why there was no reports of noise that evening as many queried why no one heard anything. If the crimes occurred at the rear of the home whether in the home office area that I surmise corresponds with the larger windows in this photo and/or in the very back area of the home where there are horizontal windows where I believe the master bedroom would be. My reasoning for this train of thought is this.
AL and KL had grown children at one point or another living in there Parkhill home we can assume. Often times, when grown children and teens live in the home, parents like to have their master bedroom location in the home away from the hub of the house so they can have privacy and peace and quiet and on that point I believe the horizontal windows may be a master bedroom area. Perhaps at some point the bedroom over the garage was a master bedroom but I query if that was eventually used by the children, teen or young adults of the family at different points in time. As well, parents like to have a quiet area of the home away from street noise and street lights. Sadly, if I am correct, the master bedroom would have no escape route and is very secluded from the neighborhood. The home office would be near the master bedroom according to the windows.
http://i0.wp.com/media.globalnews.ca/videostatic/55/447/GC140701_Noon_Jenna.jpg?w=670
Kijjji ad photo that shows the windows in the home office. Very large windows and not all the same size versus the window over the garage which I believe is actually French doors and not windows. The home office imo is the back area of the home with the large windows different sizes
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-image.html?adId=601673918&image=0&enableSearchNavigationFlag=false

IMO, the markings on the cement are from someone carrying a bag above the ground rather than dragging it. My reason for thinking this is if it was dragged on the ground and leaked, the pattern would not be so wiggly but rather more straight in path however if someone was carrying a bag say over the shoulder and there was a pin prick hole this is exactly what the liquid would do when it drips on to the ground. It would be more variant in the pattern like it is in the photo. Therefore, imo it is a small pin prick hole in the bag rather than a tear or rip and being carried above the ground level likely over the shoulder.
In terms of an office chair scenario. IMO not likely as there are three wheels generally on a office chair and I would think that would have left more of a pattern. Same can be said for a dolly which has two wheels generally.

It would include drip and splash patterns though, which don't seem to be there. It looks wiped on.

I agree anything mechanical would have a more consistent pattern, rather than the random one. If you've ever dragged something heavy going backwards, you tend to go side to side, one leg to the other, which might account for the pattern. The item being dragged could also be twisting and rolling.

It would include drip and splash patterns though, which don't seem to be there. It looks wiped on.

I agree anything mechanical would have a more consistent pattern, rather than the random one. If you've ever dragged something heavy going backwards, you tend to go side to side, one leg to the other, which might account for the pattern. The item being dragged could also be twisting and rolling.
I agree, don't see it as being mechanical. It would seem that something dripped out of something, maybe a carpet rolled up and the liquid worked its way to the bottom fibres of the carpet edging and dripped out of the carpet as it was being carried or dragged. This scenario with liquid would not cause a splatter per say.

I am sorry for posting a lot today but my brain is working overtime and troubles me greatly the victims. Once again, I had not seen this photo previously and so I posted this morning and in viewing the picture more thoroughly it really does explain in my mind at least why there was no reports of noise that evening as many queried why no one heard anything. If the crimes occurred at the rear of the home whether in the home office area that I surmise corresponds with the larger windows in this photo and/or in the very back area of the home where there are horizontal windows where I believe the master bedroom would be. My reasoning for this train of thought is this.
AL and KL had grown children at one point or another living in there Parkhill home we can assume. Often times, when grown children and teens live in the home, parents like to have their master bedroom location in the home away from the hub of the house so they can have privacy and peace and quiet and on that point I believe the horizontal windows may be a master bedroom area. Perhaps at some point the bedroom over the garage was a master bedroom but I query if that was eventually used by the children, teen or young adults of the family at different points in time. As well, parents like to have a quiet area of the home away from street noise and street lights. Sadly, if I am correct, the master bedroom would have no escape route and is very secluded from the neighborhood. The home office would be near the master bedroom according to the windows.
Kijjji ad photo that shows the windows in the home office. Very large windows and not all the same size versus the window over the garage which I believe is actually French doors and not windows.
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-image.html?adId=601673918&image=0&enableSearchNavigationFlag=false

I wonder (looking at the arial view of the home that you posted), http://i0.wp.com/media.globalnews.ca...enna.jpg?w=670 if the home office with the green blinds wouldn't be behind the 3 different sized windows we have a view of. It seems they are about the right distance apart.

I agree, don't see it as being mechanical. It would seem that something dripped out of something, maybe a carpet rolled up and the liquid worked its way to the bottom filess of the carpet edging and dripped out of the carpet as it was being carried or dragged. This scenario with liquid would not cause a splatter per say.

Try it out at home, with any liquid... At virtually any height. There will be drops with separated splash patterns, depending on the liquid flow. Even with a steady flow, there are splash marks, different concentrations, and sharper defined lines. The marks in the image look more like smudges.

I apologize if this has been said already but another thing I noticed in the kijiji ads is that some say they are moving out of province. Some say out of country, and one even says they are in Canmore but the item can be viewed in Calgary.
Here is a list of all the poster's ads.
http://www.kijiji.ca/o-posters-other-ads/56563739

The item listed from Canmore was a cupcake holder or something like that, it was rather expensive. They were listing it on behalf of a family friend. It was not sold as it was used on the front lawn for the memorial that was set up, I think it held candles on the lawn.

View attachment 56094
http://www.ctvnews.ca/polopoly_fs/1.1896362!/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_960/image.jpg

In this photo, LE have arrived the first day of investigation.
I notice two things in the photo. Firstly, the potted ceramic plant at the bottom of the steps. Is there a possibility that the family left a key under the potted plant as a general rule. It is an old habit many families still do especially larger families to make it easier to come and go for the family for various reasons. The second thought is the mail box location which is at the bottom of the stairs as well on the metal railings. Could a key to the home have been left in there as a habit again for the extended family to use. I hope LE took prints on both items.

Attachment 56094

http://www.ctvnews.ca/polopoly_fs/1...._960/image.jpg
It seems that one of these images shows a railing above the garage, and another doesn't? What the heck? http://i0.wp.com/media.globalnews.ca...enna.jpg?w=670

Attachment 56094

http://www.ctvnews.ca/polopoly_fs/1...._960/image.jpg
It seems that one of these images shows a railing above the garage, and another doesn't? What the heck? http://i0.wp.com/media.globalnews.ca...enna.jpg?w=670
Krystine, I see what you mean although your links are not working. I think the discrepancy is due to the fact that one photo is a still photo and the other is a screen shot of a video that was likely taken via aerial footage and some editing was involved and they messed up the railing content of the home.

Sorry, Idbd,...I wasn't able to provide the link of the two images you provided for some reason. But do you see what I mean, one crime scene pic shows police tape and AL's truck in the drive, with NO railing above the garage, and the other, on the first day of the investigation, shows the railing up their intact. ??

Krystine, I see what you mean although your links are not working. I think the discrepancy is due to the fact that one photo is a still photo and the other is a screen shot of a video that was likely taken via aerial footage and some editing was involved and they messed up the railing content of the home.

I guess, although I'm very much of an immigrant in the world of digital images. For a minute I thought the railing might have been taken as evidence :)

Something has been troubling to me. As WS will recall, during the early days of LE on the Airdrie farm I believe it was the first day there was also a door to door search being conducted in the Parkhill area by LE. When civilians were asked by msm what LE were looking for they said (paraphrasing here) that any place a child could hide. The search was called off unexpectedly that day. What I am trying to process in my mind now that more information is available, what that could mean.
Did LE have any belief that NO was alive at that time and if so what changed? Was it what LE found at the search of the farm that was going on parallel to this search? This troubles and saddens me to imagine dear child taken away from home and being aware of everything and what followed. I cant rationalize why LE was doing that search in the neighborhood and as LE said they weren't looking for evidence per say but places a child could hide. Was it that LE hoped NO got away but whatever they found at the farm that day in unison proved to them that is was now unlikely. It always struck me as odd to call off that area search in the neighborhood and of course we now know more. If NO was taken from the home why was kidnapping not added to charges?

I agree, don't see it as being mechanical. It would seem that something dripped out of something, maybe a carpet rolled up and the liquid worked its way to the bottom fibres of the carpet edging and dripped out of the carpet as it was being carried or dragged. This scenario with liquid would not cause a splatter per say.

I also think a carpet was used. I noticed in one of the kijiji pics that they had an area rug on top of a carpet and I couldn't help but think of the rug scenario.

Something has been troubling to me. As WS will recall, during the early days of LE on the Airdrie farm I believe it was the first day there was also a door to door search being conducted in the Parkhill area by LE. When civilians were asked by msm what LE were looking for they said (paraphrasing here) that any place a child could hide. The search was called off unexpectedly that day. What I am trying to process in my mind now that more information is available, what that could mean.
Did LE have any belief that NO was alive at that time and if so what changed? Was it what LE found at the search of the farm that was going on parallel to this search? This troubles and saddens me to imagine dear child taken away from home and being aware of everything and what followed. I cant rationalize why LE was doing that search in the neighborhood and as LE said they weren't looking for evidence per say but places a child could hide. Was it that LE hoped NO got away but whatever they found at the farm that day in unison proved to them that is was now unlikely. It always struck me as odd to call off that area search in the neighborhood and of course we now know more. If NO was taken from the home why was kidnapping not added to charges?
IMO, it had nothing to do with the farm. The timing coincides with when the forensic results from the Parkhill home were supposed to come back. I believe they definitively proved that all three victims were dead.

Simple, open it in Gimp2 and use the measurement tool from a prominent corner of the vehicle, centered in the middle of the "fuzz" of the corresponding shadow. Basic angle, since we already know the light is coming from the right side of the picture with the truck in it.

It's entirely consistent with much of what has been speculated here. If LE had no conclusive evidence that NO was harmed at the house, and had not yet learned about the fa rm, then NO getting away, or being alive somewhere is a viable theory.

Let's face it... Why would anyone remove the bodies, just to move them to a ditch or field? You risk being seen, contaminating your vehicle and belongings with DNA, and it's a lot of extra, tedious work. It's safe to assume the plan, most likely, was to completely destroy and dispose of the bodies. LE themselves said volunteer searchers don't know what they are looking for. There has been a lot of talk of chemicals, but not so much of machinery, or custom made machinery. If we assume that whatever process was used to destroy the bodies wasn't cleaned up properly, or didn't work successfully, then LE would have found evidence of the victims bodies at the location they we taken to, be it tissue, bone, dust, fluids or any combination of such. They could then conclude all 3 were deceased, especially if it were something like bone, teeth, or brain matter.

However, it doesn't prove WHERE all 3 died. All 3 may have perished at the house, but if one were hypothetically strangled, leaving little or no evidence behind, but something was found at a different location, then they can conclude that one is deceased. They can't prove a kidnapping, and can't conclusively specify where they died.

It must also be pointed out that as results come in, and pieces are put together, there may be more charges forthcoming. The next court appearance will be telling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grimlockedin