Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So then we are assuming LE are just lazy and wouldn't follow-up on ANY possible evidence, motives or leads? In order to secure a conviction, the Crown would *ensure* that LE covers any possible angles that would jeopardize the Crown's case. They would NEVER take that chance.

You over dramatised what I posted; if taken seriously, it would be much harder to prove involvement of another than who and what DG is or has. The cops are having a hard enough time with putting together the DG dossier which is not much different than the WS crowd putting together one either.

You over dramatised what I posted; if taken seriously, it would be much harder to prove involvement of another than who and what DG is or has. The cops are having a hard enough time with putting together the DG dossier which is not much different than the WS crowd putting together one either.

The accused does not want to go to prison. We know that based on the lengths he went to in order to avoid prison time for the meth trafficking conviction. If he could think of a way to get out of this, he would not hesitate to use it. If he could blame these murders on someone else, he will be singing like a bird in a plea deal.

How do YOU know they are having trouble with putting together a DG dossier? Just because they haven't shared their information, doesn't mean they don't have it. Obviously, they have enough evidence linking the suspect for the Crown to issue arrests.

One doesn't "just-get-into" amphetamine making on a whim.

One doesn't just steal a semi and try to sell it in the car & truck trader magazine.

I think that the accused is a loser that was expelled from university because he cheated. He then looked for a quick, easy way to get rich by cooking and trafficking meth. If he stole a truck and tried to sell it, it is simply another example of trying to get rich without doing any work. It appears that he chose criminal activity as a way to get ahead.

I think that the accused is a loser that was expelled from university because he cheated. He then looked for a quick, easy way to get rich by cooking and trafficking meth. If he stole a truck and tried to sell it, it is simply another example of trying to get rich without doing any work. It appears that he chose criminal activity as a way to get ahead.
Additionally, with meth addiction on the rise and demand increasing, more and more "bottle cooks" and garage labs are popping up everywhere. Kids, suburban couples, and your Joe-blow neighbour are being busted for pop-up labs.

DG's friends included those who distribute meth (H.A, Grim Reapers) and those who purchase stolen goods (fence/s), not the social media crowd by any stretch.
<rsbm>

Link please?

Back on July 5th, I was speaking with a woman who had access to some information - and at that time she told me that 3 bodies were found. As the search carried on, I kind of just thought she was full of crap and moved on.

Coincidentally on that same date, the Amber Alert was taken down for about 20 mins (this I saw with my own eyes). After that 20 mins or so, the Amber alert was put back to active. Make of that what you will, but it was strange.

I wonder if the info may have been the three bodies found in Ontario July 5th (later identified as a father and his two sons). The bodies were found about 4:30 am EST and media posted stories pretty quick. Much later in the day LE stated the bodies found were not connected to the missing people in Calgary.

I wonder if the info may have been the three bodies found in Ontario July 5th (later identified as a father and his two sons). The bodies were found about 4:30 am EST and media posted stories pretty quick. Much later in the day LE stated the bodies found were not connected to the missing people in Calgary.
I just checked the time on my facebook messages - it was about 5pm calgary time

He's an habitual proven/charged liar, an imposter, manipulative, creative, a meth-guy,, nothing he will say will be taken seriously. and if taken seriously, even harder to prove.

I don't believe that. I think if he told police a credible sounding (as opposed to an incredulous) story, I think the police would take it seriously and do whatever was necessary to prove/disprove it. This is a very high profile case and if they don't get it right their reputation will be in tatters. Rick Hansen would be humiliated. Nope, I don't think LE want to find themselves red-faced with their pants down in this case.

That is sickening. Sadly, DG doesn't have anything but an impounded old truck for assets. I wonder if his parents will put up the Airdrie acreage?

I don't think they will. Just my opinion.

I don't believe that. I think if he told police a credible sounding (as opposed to an incredulous) story, I think the police would take it seriously and do whatever was necessary to prove/disprove it. This is a very high profile case and if they don't get it right their reputation will be in tatters. Rick Hansen would be humiliated. Nope, I don't think LE want to find themselves red-faced with their pants down in this case.
More importantly, by not investigating a potential avenue for the defense, they would be seriously remiss.

Personal Value systems come from somewhere.
I don't know that your statement is fair. The G's might have the acreage but not a lot of money. The community seems very supportive of them, they are active members of their church .... how do you think they would get the money out of their home? They are retired and I'm sure the legal bill will be enormous. DG is an adult, there comes a time where you can't keep financially supporting your kids.

I don't know that your statement is fair. The G's might have the acreage but not a lot of money. The community seems very supportive of them, they are active members of their church .... how do you think they would get the money out of their home? They are retired and I'm sure the legal bill will be enormous. DG is an adult, there comes a time where you can't keep financially supporting your kids.

I totally agree with you. However, I think this means that the province will be paying the defense. Perhaps this is reasonable if we consider everyone innocent until proven guilty and entitled to a defense even if that person is indigent.

I wouldn't provide cash for a lawyer for an adult child facing a criminal offence. I see that as similar to parents that do everything they can to help a child avoid consequences for actions ... and once on that path, the child will continue to have that expectation ... continue to break the law and expect parents to bail them out. At most, I might give each child an equal amount, and if one wanted to give that to a lawyer, so be it ... but it would by no means be an open wallet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member