Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Certainly but then there is risk of making this a political issue.
What I'm thinking of is that there would have to be something significant in order for LE to enter a foreign jurisdiction along with stepping on thier toes and demonstrating a lack of faith in thier legal processes.

There are simply chain of possession issues with evidence, as well as evidence collection and interviews that should be performed by CPS rather than Mexican authorities.

I was awarded one without. I never took it up so don't know if it would have been required at some point though.

It's a good idea, because if he was as 'genius' as claimed, he may well have had the grades to earn a scholarship. But even if he did, an entrance scholarship to undergrad wouldn't have been sufficient to pay for all of his living expenses and tuition for the year. So there is still the matter of who paid for the rest (jobs, family, etc.).

I query whether JO accompanied LE to Mexico to assist LE with matters due to a personal and first hand basis knowing her parents and being next of kin and likely power of attorney if they needed access to bank details and accounts, safety deposit box in Mexico???

JO would have nothing to do with things on a legal basis. Power of Attorney isn't involved here because I doubt AL and/or KL gave Power to JO. Power of Attorney also ends with death and since this matter has been ruled a homicide AL and KL may have been ruled deceased already by the medical examiner. The Executor of the Estate might be JO (if she was assigned as such in the will) and if there is no will the Personal Representative would first be a sibling or the deceased. If the siblings were to sign away their right to be Personal Representative JO would be applicable as a daughter. In the case of a Personal Representative though it would take three or four months to get that granted by the court anyways.

Don't imagine he'd be allowed to carry a key ring while handcuffed and in custody. I don't see anything in these pictures.

I think it's a two two tie,, does ws have polls that can be attached?

His convictions, however, were for non-violent offences. He had faced weapons and assault charges in 1980s and 1990s, but they were dropped - See more at: http://www.timescolonist.com/dougla...l-past-records-1.1206953#sthash.00zgekbX.dpuf

How can an assault be non-violent? Wouldn't a person possessing an illegal weapon have it for violent purposes? I wonder if a deal was struck and these charges were stayed in exchange for info., thus the trip to Mexico. Is Mexico a stop over on the way to Panama??
My bold.

I had similar feelings, so went to the criminal code to see how assault was described, and found the following information.

265. (1) A person commits an assault when

(a) without the consent of another person, he applies force intentionally to that other person, directly or indirectly;

(b) he attempts or threatens, by an act or a gesture, to apply force to another person, if he has, or causes that other person to believe on reasonable grounds that he has, present ability to effect his purpose; or

(c) while openly wearing or carrying a weapon or an imitation thereof, he accosts or impedes another person or begs.

Maybe a "nonviolent" assault would involve an implication of force that did not result in someone being physically touched in any way. However, making someone believe they were in danger, to me, is psychological or emotional violence, a very controlling and abusive behaviour. JMO. I'm sure posters who work in legal professions would be able to explain.
http://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/C-46/section-265.html

My bold.

I had similar feelings, so went to the criminal code to see how assault was described, and found the following information.

Maybe a "nonviolent" assault would involve an implication of force that did not result in someone being physically touched in any way. However, making someone believe they were in danger, to me, is psychological or emotional violence, a very controlling and abusive behaviour. JMO. I'm sure posters who work in legal professions would be able to explain.
http://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/C-46/section-265.html

I might be missing something from a previous post, but doesn't this article mean that only the convictions were non-violent, while the charges (that were dropped) included "violent" type offences such as assault?

I just saw the CBC headline about Mexico, and did a double take.

Silly as it is, I had hopes that maybe there was some chance that they were still alive.

Big WTH on that headline. Probably nothing more than dotting i's and crossing t's. Once again, it makes you wonder......

I just saw the CBC headline about Mexico, and did a double take.

Silly as it is, I had hopes that maybe there was some chance that they were still alive.

Big WTH on that headline. Probably nothing more than dotting i's and crossing t's. Once again, it makes you wonder......
http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/canada/archives/2014/08/20140805-135924.html

Please read the 4th comment posted by someone with initials DM ~ very interesting. As well, the name of the company this person works with is Resinova Research in Edmonton. For some reason the company's name sounds familiar. It is a consulting firm.

I know this is totally out there..........but is it even remotely possible that AL and KL got DG to help them obtain fake ID to flee to Mexico? Maybe they paid him a good chunk of change to do so. Maybe the signs of violence in the home were totally staged (wouldn't take much to intentionally cut your hand/finger/etc and intentionally leave blood all over) to give the appearance of harm to the L's? Of course not sure how to explain how little NO would have fake ID for him, given that his staying with the L's that night wasn't planned at all. But if the L's needed to flee for some reason and give the appearance of being gone/dead, obviously they'd have to take little NO with them? Maybe DG was recently caught using the fake ID himself because he was doing things (for the L's) and didn't want his real ID to be used? (though it would be a huge red flag when it was determined he was back using MKH's ID. I really never got the impression that the L's owned a property in Mexico...only that AL's brother did.

I think we finally have our motive -

From 1 minute into this video, I don't think this has been posted here yet -

---Before this investigation began, we have learned that the Garland family and the Liknes family COMBINED have some property in Mexico.---

-Canadian authorities are working with Mexican authorities. Canadian authorities know more than what they are saying, but will not reveal, due to the case going before the courts

-No longer on the Garland property or Parkhill property doing investigation

-Investigating in Mexico was part of LE's original 30 day plan

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/canada/archives/2014/08/20140805-135924.html

---Before this investigation began, we have learned that the Garland family and the Liknes family COMBINED have some property in Mexico.---

-Canadian authorities are working with Mexican authorities. Canadian authorities know more than what they are saying, but will not reveal, due to the case going before the courts

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...land-murder-probe-expands-to-mexico-1.2728127

I did not hear the combine ownership comment in the video... Is it for sure the link you supplied?

I did not hear the combine ownership comment in the video... Is it for sure the link you supplied?

Same here, watched twice and did not hear that both Garland and Liknes family both own property in Mexico. The reporters were both a bit sloppy in their verbalization but I wasn't able to hear what you posted.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...land-murder-probe-expands-to-mexico-1.2728127

If it is true about the combined ownership of Mexican property, it could be as simple as AL and PG along with KL and AL own the property. PG is a Garland thus the Liknes/garland joint ownership?

I didn't hear that either or anything about it being part of the 30 day search.

Same here, watched twice and did not hear that both Garland and Liknes family both own property in Mexico. The reporters were both a bit sloppy in their verbalization but I wasn't able to hear what you posted.

Pardon me.

Too many windows open.

Here is the correct link. Sorry about that.

Pardon me.

Too many windows open.

Here is the correct link. Sorry about that.

Wow. Unless that was a reporter error but he spoke with certainty so I don't think it was. He said the Garland and Liknes family combined had a property in Mexico according to his police contact. Would that be PG ? as opposed to DG as the combined aspect? Reporter implied it was one residence so does that mean a joint ownership with a member of the Garland family?

Well, I am going to go out on a limb.. The grandparents could have orchestrated this whole thing and for some reason DG was either targeted or cooperative with the plan. They included Nathan as some sort of deterrent with local police or with border crossing into Mexico. I would be curious how the sleepover was decided and if the grandparents pushed for it. Fake passports could have been left behind and they have the real ones... It is very bizarre and I pray that they are alive and they are with LE as we sleuth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xhononibb