Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My puzzlers for tonight:

1. microchips (yes maybe dogs, what else?)
2. "little" green sweater (HOW little? Toddler? Child? Pre-teen? Women's petite?). Has there been anyone missing in Alberta with a green sweater? Off I go to google around....
3. I don't want to, but I'm sure I'll be thinking about the d@mn woodchipper.....

Microchip = computer components?

Microchip = computer components?
Took my words :) in today's world and especially if you own a pet, the word 'microchip' makes you think Pet ownership microchip but, when I read the tweet it made think - computer/technology chip ...

Took my words :) in today's world and especially if you own a pet, the word 'microchip' makes you think Pet ownership microchip but, when I read the tweet it made think - computer/technology chip ...

I think its to do with electronics also. Although the debit/credit card potential is interesting.....

I hate typing this -
Re microchips -maybe DG practiced his autopsy/dismemberment techniques on pets he'd managed to scoop up? Then practiced disposing of the remains by way of wood chipper and burning.
I'm sorry that this sounds so cold and graphic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hate typing this -
Re microchips -maybe DG practiced his autopsy/dismemberment techniques on pets he'd managed to scoop up? Then practiced disposing of the remains by way of wood chipper and burning.

This makes a lot of sense...

"This is so hard getting tiny, tiny bits of info at a time.., "

Absolutely.

And the twitter comments from the courtroom media are full of typos and nonsense today. "whiskey smoke"? (misty smoke),
"garden house"? (garden hose) "Medals"? (metals)...just to name a few.
Come on, news professionals, this is important to some of us!

Agree on the lawn cutting. When did DG cut and why? Perhaps to hide bloody drag trails from outbuilding #3 to the burn barrel? He had some time to kill during the burning perhaps??

Presumably it would have been cut between July 1 and July 4th.
I have a friend who's husband is an arborist and is familiar with woodchippers and he believes it to be a ASPLUND-J series drum chipper., They have a large hopper and 4 saw blades, firing the chipped material out in seconds. Pieces from the chipper could have flown all over the place. It could also explain why the grass is cut, he could have used a lawn mower/tractor he then could have put clippings into the burn barrel (or anywhere)

Could also explain any grid searches with LE searching on their hands and knees looking for miniscule fragments and pieces left behind.

I have a friend who's husband is an arborist and is familiar with woodchippers and he believes it to be a ASPLUND-J series drum chipper., They have a large hopper and 4 saw blades, firing the chipped material out in seconds. Pieces from the chipper could have flown all over the place. It could also explain why the grass is cut, he could have used a lawn mower/tractor he then could have put clippings into the burn barrel (or anywhere)

Could also explain any grid searches with LE searching on their hands and knees looking for miniscule fragments and pieces left behind.

This is very possible but so so disturbing.

It fits. I feel absolutely sick, but it fits. Also the dog's interest in so many areas....

I hate typing this -

Didn't they say they found a USB in the basement rafters with his Web search info or saved documents? Was there a computer seized or perhaps he smashed and burned that or his own cell phone in case he worried about it pinging off cell towers and tracking his whereabouts. Many things have microchips these days.

In any case you can tell he had decent cover from the trees and the variety of outbuildings blocking any view of the burn barrel area. Gosh his poor parents were just steps away this entire time. I guess they didn't question him being busy out there.

Is that the green truck further down in the July 1 picture parked near the furthest large outbuilding?

I'm seriously dreading the clincher when they reveal that aerial photo that shows the 3 of them. That description sends me into tears every time thinking about little NO...but I'd also like to hear the defense explain it. I'm a mom and I couldn't imagine the grief and the strength needed to go through this.

Nancy Hixt Verified account
‏@NancyHixt
Looking to continue the conversation about the latest crime stories? (right now-the #Garland trial)- join my page https://t.co/nzZHRThbuq

Didn't they say they found a USB in the basement rafters with his Web search info or saved documents? Was there a computer seized or perhaps he smashed and burned that or his own cell phone in case he worried about it pinging off cell towers and tracking his whereabouts. Many things have microchips these days.

In any case you can tell he had decent cover from the trees and the variety of outbuildings blocking any view of the burn barrel area. Gosh his poor parents were just steps away this entire time. I guess they didn't question him being busy out there.

Is that the green truck further down in the July 1 picture parked near the furthest large outbuilding?

I'm seriously dreading the clincher when they reveal that aerial photo that shows the 3 of them. That description sends me into tears every time thinking about little NO...but I'd also like to hear the defense explain it. I'm a mom and I couldn't imagine the grief and the strength needed to go through this.

BBM - I wonder if they will keep those under wraps from the media (aerial pic with bodies)...

BBM - I wonder if they will keep those under wraps from the media (aerial pic with bodies)...

Posting this again since I accidentally deleted it when I tried to edit.

Even if the pics are released to media will anyone show them?

When posting images please provide links to the source per copyright rules.

Thanks

I'm assuming microchips are probably from a cell phone. Someone already mentioned it but he may have been trying to destroy his cell phone in fear of being tracked. He may have overlooked that initial and had his cell phone with him and turned on when he went to the Liknes home. As such, there would probably be saved records of his travels. I wonder if his cell phone provider has those records and if the police asked for tracking data from the phone company.

I shall try this again, with links this time.

I have obtained an Aerial photo taken of Airdrie and area including the DG Acreage in it. I can zoom into it quite well. It was taken on July 1st 2014. I have compared this photo to one of the photos that was taken during the CPS and other agencies searches on July4th/5th. This photo has been shared around on the net quite often.

In the July 1st photo. You can see by the burn barrel location there does not appear to be the woodchipper here. But up behind Outbuilding #3, it appears to be there.

In the next photo taken by LE... no woodchipper to be found behind Outbuilding #3, but appears to be back at the burn barrel location.. Also in this photo the lawn is noticeably different, looks freshly cut.

Also the blue speck on the left hand image zoomed in, appears to be a person based on the shape/size of the shadow.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Photo 1 (July 1 2014) & close up of blue speck obtained from here: http://www.calgaryregionopendata.ca/browse/4112
Photo 2 - LE Aerial can be seen many places one for example can be found here : https://images.scribblelive.com/2017/1/20/6e5b9fca-a648-4079-a8c0-7d4b399f1747_500.jpg

Attachments

• omg collage.jpg
    omg collage.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 198
  • shad.PNG
    shad.PNG
    54 KB · Views: 192
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics