Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Recurring theme.

It's beyond weird. He has a dentist chair, freezing anesthetic, his father has tooth pain, teeth found in the Liknes home, at least one with root intact. Did he bring pliers with him too? Strangely, I can actually picture him as a dentist with his dental tools and a chair.

My thoughts went to the Dental chair being part of his BDSM fantasies, with restraints.
And the dental meds, its same type used for nerve blocks, lumbar epidural blocks etc
Depending on dose, location...you are going to be pretty useless... I was given more than needed with my last pregancy and was numb, essentially paralyzed from my collar bone down for hours....

Many websites on it so grabbed one
https://www.drugs.com/cdi/carbocaine.html

It's beyond weird. He has a dentist chair, freezing anesthetic, his father has tooth pain, teeth found in the Liknes home, at least one with root intact. Did he bring pliers with him too? Strangely, I can actually picture him as a dentist with his dental tools and a chair.

Just jumping off your post matou,

Didn't DG want to be in the medical field? Didn't he go to university to get into one medical field or another? He seemed to have a fascination with everything to do with the human body, on a non emotional...perhaps clinical level? Seems like he recognized this and considered getting into a field that would allow him to perform procedures on the human body. His reasons for wanting to do this were probably very far off from what the average person who pursues this type of career is thinking. But something within him...some disorder...caused him to have a breakdown and that was not to be. So between that and what appears to be "interests" and sexual behaviours that are far from mainstream, along with his obvious anti social behaviour (severe social anxiety? could this be something that thwarted his university education?). Not to mention his apparent narcissistic sense of entitlement and complete disregard for the law (lack of morals), was all of this just building up over the years? And were the Liknes family the unfortunate first victims of the culmination of his apparent anger, frustration and rage with probably pretty much everyone...all of society...with the exception of his own family? Was this carnage going to continue on if he was not caught in this crime? Is that why he was stockpiling? Preparing to torture anyone who "pissed him off" either in the past or in the future?

I find the whole thing incredibly disturbing...especially in light of the fact that he was under what was originally court ordered weekly psychiatric care. Someone in the system knew that this man was not right when that was ordered IMO.

MOO

I would like to know more about the father's dental issue that left him bed ridden. I am curious what DG's relationship was with the dentist dealing with his father.

If this is a fetish of his, would the timing of his father's infection been a trigger?

:tantrum: I think that's all I have!

Good find. According to this link, http://www.onaverage.co.uk/body-averages/average-male-shoe-size, with DG standing at 180 cm, his shoe size would be around a size 10.5. Of course this meaning that he is on average and the correlation between height and shoe size is correct. There has been nothing "average" about this case in the least bit.

JMO

Well it's a known fact that feet get longer and wider with age. So perhaps he was creeping into a size 12-13 shoe and started to buy bigger shoes for comfort?

Maybe that blonde hair on JO`s shoe was actually from one of these blonde wigs.

I am just getting caught up now and was wanting to read to the end before floating this thought...
Somewhere, quite far back, there is mention of JO being questioned about 1 or 2 'persons of interest' who were at the the garage sale. Anyone else recall that detail? Nothing more has been said or alluded to with regards to that. Perhaps it was DG in drag?? Good possibility given what we have been learning of him. He looks to have 5 o'clock shadow in most photos, so if he was cross dressed and in a wig and women's shoes or clothing he would stand out at a garage sale. IMO

Huge loss of innocence happening in the sleuthers' community.
I wonder if we'll hear testimony from prostitutes DG may have hired and brought to the farm for odonophilia play. I also have to wonder if they lived to tell the story. This plot is getting very thick.

I am just getting caught up now and was wanting to read to the end before floating this thought...
Somewhere, quite far back, there is mention of JO being questioned about 1 or 2 'persons of interest' who were at the the garage sale. Anyone else recall that detail? Nothing more has been said or alluded to with regards to that. Perhaps it was DG in drag?? Good possibility given what we have been learning of him. He looks to have 5 o'clock shadow in most photos, so if he was cross dressed and in a wig and women's shoes or clothing he would stand out at a garage sale. IMO

That had also crossed my mind. But JO said that there were 'a couple' of people that stood out.

Fortney: Garland trial breaks city record for number, and likely nature, of exhibits

[...]

The participants, from the robed counsel to jurors and spectators, respect the court rules to keep emotions at bay.

At just before noon on Tuesday, though, my thoughts wander to the marvel of such decorum in a Calgary courtroom.

Metal handcuffs of various sizes and shapes, leg chains, cloth and leather restraints, metal ankle restraints and a few leashes are displayed.

These are just some of the items found on the farm where Douglas Garland lived with his elderly parents, the place that turned into one of the largest evidence-gathering jobs in the history of the Calgary Police Service — almost triple the amount of the former record of 500, in fact.

http://calgaryherald.com/news/local...cord-for-number-and-likely-nature-of-exhibits

Huge loss of innocence happening in the sleuthers' community.
I wonder if we'll hear testimony from prostitutes DG may have hired and brought to the farm for odonophilia play. I also have to wonder if they lived to tell the story. This plot is getting very thick.

You are on my wavelength, Krystine! My other thoughts go to the possibility of a depraved BDSM underground community. Would there be such a thing in Calgary? Are there other creepy people out there that DG may have a connection to via internet chats, etc.? So much bondage paraphernalia that maybe, just maybe, he was hooked into that kind of thing. (His social dysfunction and multiple diagnoses notwithstanding.)

Was wondering if an electronic listening device had been planted in AL/KL's home during the estate sale? IF so, he would have known NO was there and still went - perhaps a reason for 1st degree for all three?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member