Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://news.nationalpost.com/full-c...-in-connection-with-triple-murder-trial-hears
The following is from the above link which was in MSM yesterday:
In the basement of the Garland house, Oxton found a hard drive in the rafters, documents in the name of Matthew Kemper Hartley, forensic gear very much like what Oxton and his team wore (booties, face masks and a protective so-called bunny suit) as well as whips and a straitjacket, women’s shoes (in men’s size 13) and two blond women’s wigs, two books (“Be Your Own Undertaker: How to Dispose of a Dead Body” and “Silent Death,” and, in a small fridge, 36 tubes of dental anesthetic.

BBM...all of the other aside, where and when would DG have needed/used all this protective gear? Had it been previously worn or was it still in the packaging? Stating the obvious, protective garb such as that would be worn A: If one did not want to leave any physical traits or DNA at a scene, or B: One did not want to be exposed to any germs or physical material. Very much like medical staff wears when going into a hospital room that is in isolation for viruses or bacteria. There are varying grades of protective gear, as well. Was the gear at the farm heavy duty or was it the rather flimsy paper kind used on a one-time use when going into isolation rooms in a hospital? There are also multiple and varied grades of facial masks and booties, all of which could easily be bought at Princess Auto or a like business.

In re-reading the attachment is seems it probably was more heavy duty. Still wondering if it had been previously worn, and if so where??

I wonder if its left over from his "cooking" days.

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 54s54 seconds ag
Two empty 50 litre liquid nitrogen containers seized as well as smaller empty container. #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 58s58 seconds ago
3rd smaller empty Linde Liquid Nitrogen container was also seized. #Garland #yyc

Lucas MeyerVerified account ‏@meyer_lucas 1m1 minute ago
Oxton showing images of more liquid nitrogen canisters seized #Garland #yyc

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 1m1 minute ago
Oxton-March 29/15 police seized two large containers found outside of #Garland outbuilding #3, as well as liquid nitrogen container

It isn't like the average Joe can just drop by MediGas or any other liquid nitrogen supplier and say " Hey, can I have 3 canisters to go. I'll pay cash." So.. how did he get his hands on that? Also..Liquid nitrogen, or N2, is a gas and does eventually disperse and evaporate out of the cylinders over time whether you use it or not. It cannot be store infinitely.

I have no idea and am too afraid to google that! Another thought i had was could he have used the liquid nitrogen to freeze them before dismemberment? Is that possible? Would it mean less mess? Sorry if that is a dumb question. I really am clueless about chemicals and their uses.

I wonder if he used the liquid nitrogen as a cauterizing agent. I am also holding my breath waiting to hear if any sodium hydroxide/caustic soda/lye was discovered. Lye makes short order of tissue and fat.

This guy is diabolical!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My gawd! Cant wrap my head around all that was found. So very proud of LE and horrific job they endured and still do. Prayers for these Jurors. Last trial I attended was in Detroit. Bashara. I don't think attending Trials is really for me anymore. Was also at the Tori Stafford Trial. It just makes it more "real". Intended to go to the Noelle Paquette trial in between but the male/female freaks decided to plead. That one had a hard impact. Our Daughter and Hubby are marathon runners and were running one rural road over while poor Noelle was brutalized and murdered.

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 34s34 seconds ago
Police found two Tyvek suits in bedroom of the #Garland home, says Oxton.

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 21s22 seconds ago
A handbook on poisons found on dresser, Tom Clancy novel. #Garland

Bill GravelandVerified account ‏@BillGraveland 9s9 seconds ago
'Handbook of Poisoning' (5th ediction) and a Tom Clancy novel ' Eye of the Tiger' on the dresser of one of the #Garland bedrooms.

[video=twitter;824304921839210500]https://twitter.com/MetroLucie/status/824304921839210500[/video]

Would he wear something like that to make meth?

Does anyone know if pouring liquid nitrogen over bodies or putting limbs into liquid nitrogen would aid in the burning process?

I think liquid nitrogen freezes objects instantly and if you drop the object, it shatters. Could it be used as an aid to disposal of body parts?

Also, could he have obtained the liquid nitrogen claiming it was for culinary purposes? You see it being used a lot these days in "molecular gastronomy" cooking.

I think they may be buttons or snaps but could be wrong...

Or maybe rivets from jeans?

Yes, you could be right. Clothing, particularly jackets, often has metal do-dahs. I don't see a zipper pull, but I suppose lots of zippers are plastic these days. Is that a little bra clip I see? A belt buckle?

Very strange stuff for even hoarders to have.

Maybe hoarder is the wrong word. I definitely think he liked to accuire things and keep them though. Maybe collector. His collection is quite perverse but still a collection. I think initially he got pleasure just from collecting these items. He had various types of handcuffs and restraints. Some even looked antique.

I have no idea and am too afraid to google that! Another thought i had was could he have used the liquid nitrogen to freeze them before dismemberment? Is that possible? Would it mean less mess? Sorry if that is a dumb question. I really am clueless about chemicals and their uses.

Do prairie farmers use liquid nitrogen for branding their cattle? I knows it's used by farmers to store bull semen for breeding cattle. Maybe it's something he could get at the local farmer's Agr Store.

Yes, you could be right. Clothing, particularly jackets, often has metal do-dahs. I don't see a zipper pull, but I suppose lots of zippers are plastic these days. Is that a little bra clip I see? A belt buckle?

It would seem that the Liknes' were dressed in day clothes and not pyjamas with all that hardware....

ETA I suppose that could be from DG clothes too.

It would seem that the Liknes' were dressed in day clothes and not pyjamas with all that hardware....

ETA I suppose that could be from DG clothes too.

Or not everything in the burn pile was related to this murder. How many clothes does one have to burn though?? Or I was thinking he may have burned the clothes he wore after each encounter with them. How many times did he have to leave the scene, change clothes then come back later?

Things I Can Hardly Wait For (in order):

1. CCTV Testimony (around the L home and the route from there to Airdrie)
2. Test results on all of the tested samples - we know what and where, now we need to know who
3. I want to hear them saythat the seized and tested DG shoes are in fact, THE shoes worn at Liknes home

What else?

Things I Can Hardly Wait For (in order):

1. CCTV Testimony (around the L home and the route from there to Airdrie)
2. Test results on all of the tested samples - we know what and where, now we need to know who
3. I want to hear them saythat the seized and tested DG shoes are in fact, THE shoes worn at Liknes home

What else?

I want to hear about the aerial photos.

This case has so many echos of Canada's most notorious crimes.

With the chloroform and kidnapping, Bernardo and Homolka come to mind.

Victims destroyed on a farm: Robert Picton.

Cross-dressing and fetishism: Russell Williams.

Incineration, sifting through ashes; and a truck bearing blood: Tim Bosma.

When Constable Oxton became choked up when describing sifting through the ashes, I could not help but think about Tracy Rogers, the forensic scientist who wept when testifying about recovering the remains of Tim Bosma from that vile Eliminator.

I am curious about a couple things:
Is that ash pile an actual burn pit or where ashes from the barrel were dumped.
How old were the ashes in the pile?
What were the sizes of all those clothes? Were they current or old? Were they men's/women's?
Was the liquid nitrogen and blood erase chemical containers taken in initial search or next spring? What was the info that caused police to go back to the acreage in the spring?

Another thought, because DG had a history of burglary, I wonder if he broke into medical/dental/veterinary offices to obtain some of his supplies?

Perhaps he used some of those keys to break into residences to obtain some of the female clothing and footwear.

I sure hope the respective police forces have checked DG's DNA against all cold cases in BC and Alberta. Murder AND sexual assault cold cases. Because I believe this case is only the tip of a very frightening iceberg...

[video=twitter;824337940482588673]https://twitter.com/CBCMeg/status/824337940482588673[/video]

Interesting that there are 3 main spots. Coincidence? I'm wondering if this is where the bodies were when they were photographed by the mapping plane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xhononibb