Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. That timeline actually helped. Seems like they were probably waiting for those rushed dna tests to come in.

I wonder if they may have been hoping the surveillance would result in him leading them to discovery of the people or bodies.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/ca...en-murder-case

Really good video about Sully :loveyou: - absolutely beautiful dog.

I don't know why , but your link sends me to a page that says "Sorry, the page you're looking for does not exist."

If it is not too difficult, Can you check the link again ---- when I copy/paste, it seems to be missing part of the whole title. thanks

ETA, was it this one?
http://news.nationalpost.com/full-comment/christie-blatchford-testimony-about-rock-star-cadaver-dog-sully-elevates-mood-of-garland-murder-trial

Sounds like he used the hammer that was in the burn barrel. Probably hit his own knee with it, too.

That is exactly what sprang to mind when I saw the pic - looks like a ball peen hammer - lethal! That is what the Yorkshire Ripper used in most of his attacks.

Today I regretted checking the trial news on my lunch break. That handprint with Nathan and Kathy's blood on the closet door ... she fought hard for her precious grandson. Whatever happened to Nathan, I hope it was quick. I dearly hope that the jury members are using the counselling services offered.

We know that DG searched for ways to kill without emotion. That tells me that he knew that he was planning on doing dark and disturbing deeds. He wanted to mentally prepare himself for the task.

We know that he's going to prison for the rest of his life. My hope is that his mental preparation failed and the faces and screams of his victims haunt him day and night, locked in a cage like the rodent he is.

Sully:

attachment.php
attachment.php

http://news.nationalpost.com/full-c...g-sully-elevates-mood-of-garland-murder-trial

The video tape dated after Garlands initial arrest, excellent point, what was that about?

The 1.5 hours, total speculation -
30 minutes Skulking around the parameter of the home, making sure everyone was asleep. Drilling lock, again waiting a length of time to ensure nobody woke up. Slinking into the house, disconnecting router.
15 minutes - Violence
45 minutes - not necessarily in this order but collecting tools, tying up victims, moving truck, loading victims, cleaning, snooping, walking through house several times to ensure no tools to identify him were forgotten, lulling in the perverse thrill of his accomplishment:-
(

Re BBM

This is a good guess as to how things went down and why it took 1 1/2 hours.

I think most of us agree the actual attack and brutal parts happened very quickly so about 15 minutes or even less is all it would have taken.

I do think one of the Liknes came to while on the ground and grabbed the barbell and whacked him hard in the leg to give him that leg wound so good for them if thats what happened.

I was disturbed to hear about the closet evidence and wondered if some were trying to hide in the closet. The stairway evidence was sad too and wondered if someone got thrown the stairs at some point.

The whole thing is terribly sad and just glad he is having to face the music now. It wont be long now.

Holy takedown strike team!!!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Ha ha ha ha PB! I was humming (in my head) dinna dnna dinna dinna Strike Force! And then I saw your post MEGA LOLZ :) Needed a laugh after reading all of today's testimony in one go. I recall we dscussed the possibility of under cover operatives trailing his every move while he was staying in that motel. We were right about so many things. Hard to believe actual events were even more atrocious than our wildest imaginings.

Ha ha ha ha PB! I was humming (in my head) dinna dnna dinna dinna Strike Force! And then I saw your post MEGA LOLZ :) Needed a laugh after reading all of today's testimony in one go. I recall we dscussed the possibility of under cover operatives trailing his every move while he was staying in that motel. We were right about so many things. Hard to believe actual events were even more atrocious than our wildest imaginings.

LOL You are so right. It really was amazing the take down.

Once he was in that Motel LE was all over him and DB probably didnt have a clue.

Rereading these tweets makes me think Ross is actually trying to get the witness to state that there was indeed "significant amount of blood loss". Is it possible he's actually trying to prove the Ls and NO must have died from blood loss at the house, rather than later on at the farm, after being kidnapped and tortured? Thus minimizing the charges for which his client will be convicted?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I completely agree. I think it matters whether they died at the house or at the acreage, and I've always wondered why the prosecution seems so insistent that they died at the acreage. After reading about the blood in and out of the house, I am very doubtful that Kathryn and Nathan were alive when they left the house. I think there's a slim possibility that Alvin survived the night, but I do still think that he was mortally wounded when he left his home.

Just a thought. From following cases since OJ, I've learned that once the heart stops pumping blood a person stops bleeding and the blood in the body will pool at the lowest point on the body. I think all the blood, especially in front of the garage tells LE that they were still alive outside of the home. I think that is why they have asserted that they were killed at the farm. They had to still be alive with the blood letting outside the home. As much as we hate to think about it.

I think that's true of a stationary body, but a body with open wounds that it dragged around will still leak blood.

I think the only way not is if he was put into Bowden - but that's min/med security. I'd be surprised if they considered him anything other than a max security sort of prisoner. Just speculating though. Where else do you think he would go?
Saskatchewan has a maximum security Pennitentary. They don't always stay in their home province.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

I think that's true of a stationary body, but a body with open wounds that it dragged around will still leak blood.

They witness used the term actively bleeding. Much different than leaking blood, imo.

IMO , GRAPHIC and DISTURBING:

We have both KL and AL being close to the ground when impact happened. I feel sure he injected them with something, they stumbled and went down then the sick coward attacked. I think he slit N's throat. I'm so very very sorry.

There is no indication of a saturation pool with N's DNA which there would be if N's throat was slit. All of NO's blood letting was drips or transfer (along with KL) which tells me he was not seriously hurt at the house. MOO

They witness used the term actively bleeding. Much different than leaking blood, imo.

I'm sure they were actively bleeding in the house, but by the time they were at the back door where Kathryn was dragged to the driveway, I'm confident that she was near death. I doubt that Nathan survived the attack in the spare bedroom. Alvin was clearly assaulted several times as he was removed from the house.

In order to get an understanding of the blood letting, I have made a list of places for each person. If anyone would like to see what I came up with I can make a post. The reason I am not going ahead and posting it is that it is upsetting to read. If people want to see it I will put a large warning for those of you who want to skip over it.

As usual, we were so hopeful that this was so much less violent than it actually was, naively hoping that they were attacked in their sleep. The last two days have given us a story of Kathryn and Nathan in the kitchen, near the front door, in the upstairs bedroom ... they were terrorized. No wonder those in the know used the word 'horrific'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody