Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if you could help me with something Dangeross. On the other board you posted that you saw the truck go by at 4:30 AM yet on here twice you posted it as PM ?? Also on the other site you made a reference that the driver " looked like the grandfather " yet here you give a different description or one at least that doesn't mention the resemblance ?? Just wondering if you could clarify this for us , thx.

I remember the same thing, the poster said 4.30AM and they also said when they got home and saw online they realised the driver resembled AL. Maybe it was posted by someone else.

Anyhoo, we can't really talk about it as a sighting posted online that can't be verified with a link to MSM or LE, it's rumour.

That's the one! I was afraid to post :)

It's been posted before but deleted by mods each time I believe.

Plus I think with the way LE has been focusing their search and their statements saying there's been no confirmed sightings, we shouldn't read much into it anyway.

It is looking as if the earlier theories of the Liknes' plotting their own disappearance have been derailed with the news report of bad business and bad blood between DG and Alvin. It would be interesting to know, with a couple of connections on record of Liknes family members mixed up with/related to "jail birds", whether DG and Frank Chora have a connection between them. (Frank Chora shot AL's daughter, packs a Baretta, and holds people hostage).
I'm sure the CPS are on it, but it seems like something that hasn't been covered here. .

Maybe. AL doesn't necessarily sound like an upstanding citizen himself. It sounds like he and KL were good at tapping into their "warm market". The oil business is boom and bust. Anyone investing in any venture like that (or even in the energy sector through a reputable investment firm) knows that it's a volatile market and you take your chances. It's one thing for everyone to "lose their shirt". It's not ok when the lead man walks away, by appearances unscathed, and everyone else gets burned.

I am not comfortable with the media 'rushing to judgment' with all these incriminating little details about Douglas Garland.
I don't care if he makes meth or not. It's all over the country now anyway, and no, I don't use it. But last week somebody in town
near here crashed his car because he was high on the stuff. And using a phony identity? Maybe he used the dead boy's name online, people, as an alias.
It's not that unusual a practice. So the LE guys through the media seem to be ruining this man's life because he is a loner, and they are spreading
rumors about a 'bad blood' business deal -- capitalizing on the fact there was a mysterious marking that could have been blood outside the house.
Give me a break. I am not getting in this wagon to the country fair. Take everybody else for a ride, but not me.

At this point in time please don't link to the other forum. If that changes I'll let you know.

:tyou:

What is "special areas"? As in rumor has it the truck looked like one that special areas used to have. TIA

I am not comfortable with the media 'rushing to judgment' with all these incriminating little details about Douglas Garland.
I don't care if he makes meth or not. It's all over the country now anyway, and no, I don't use it. But last week somebody in town
near here crashed his car because he was high on the stuff. And using a phony identity? Maybe he used the dead boy's name online, people, as an alias.
It's not that unusual a practice. So the LE guys through the media seem to be ruining this man's life because he is a loner, and they are spreading
rumors about a 'bad blood' business deal -- capitalizing on the fact there was a mysterious marking that could have been blood outside the house.
Give me a break. I am not getting in this wagon to the country fair. Take everybody else for a ride, but not me.

Although I do agree that the media should not rush to judge, DG did more than use the kids identity as an alias online.

The three landfills don't open up until 7:30am, so if he did murder all 3 family members and wanted to get rid of them in the landfill, did he load up his truck with other stuff from their house and drive to one of the 3 landfills and made it look like he was dumping garbage? The only problem with this is you would think a lot more people would have noticed the truck, especially if he drove across town from the Liknes house to Spy Hill Landfill to wait for 7:30. And the landfills are also monitored by cameras. Now if he went to the other 2 Landfills might have been a little less traffic but I am sure he still would have been seen.

So maybe he kidnapped them back to his place and then did something there. He might have I don't even want to say this word, but what if he dismembered them, and then took them to the landfill in a different vehicle with other garbage.

Was all this a revenge for DG? Did he mean for it to go this far. Or was he just going there to ask for money back. The thing is if he was going to go there just to rob or force AL to pay him back, wasn't he afraid of having the police called on him and possibly going back to jail? Makes me wonder if murder was the plan all along. And poor Nathan, I wish he would have went home with his mom that night.

Amber Alerts are only for children under the age of 18.

There are also special Silver Alerts for people with disabilities or some type of medical problem. I've seen them for children as well as old people.

Although I do agree that the media should not rush to judge DG did more than use the kids identity as an alias online.

The first time Garland used the alias was years ago. More recently, we don't know how he used it, or do you have inside information?
We are all being fed crumbs, and in my opinion they are GMO: Gaseous-Modified-Orifices.

Making meth is illegal, so when peeps feel comfortable conducting illegal activities, it doesn't bode well for them when they are seen to NOT be upstanding citizens. If he was manufacturing meth, chances are it wasn't for personal use. Found with a stolen tractor trailer in BC? Yep, dude's a great guy :rolleyes:Using a phony ID online is not illegal; using an alias in RL is not illegal; using a different name for fraudulent purposes or possessing stolen or fake ID is illegal.

PS: I'd say the guy is kinda ruining his own life.

What is "special areas"? As in rumor has it the truck looked like one that special areas used to have. TIA

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Areas_Board

Special areas are designated rural municipalities similar to a municipal district, however, the elected advisory councils are overseen by three representatives appointed by the province, under the direct authority of Alberta Municipal Affairs

I also think of the colour "Special Areas" being like the old green Willys Jeeps.

The first time Garland used the alias was years ago. More recently, we don't know how he used it, or do you have inside information?
We are all being fed crumbs, and in my opinion they are GMO: Gaseous-Modified-Orifices.

No I don't have inside information. Just the charges DG has appeared in court charged with this week.

Police released him from that detention, but charged him with an unrelated identity theft.

The Crown has since added a second charge of possessing a TD bank card that was obtained by crime.

Both charges are dated Friday.

The identity and bank card charges relate to the name of Matthew Hartley, an Alberta teen killed in a 1980 car crash and whose name Garland took while on the lam from police in the 1990s

http://www.calgarysun.com/2014/07/09/calgary-crown-agrees-to-release-of-douglas-garland-person-of-interest-in-liknes-family-disappearance

Gavin Young @gyphoto1
Police on break from search at Spyhill landfill. #yyc @calgaryherald

BsIALP_CIAAOpQg.jpg

https://twitter.com/gyphoto1

So maybe he kidnapped them back to his place and then did something there. He might have I don't even want to say this word, but what if he dismembered them, and then took them to the landfill in a different vehicle with other garbage.
<rsbm>

Hate to say it SweetCat, but that was why I'm enquiring about the vertical mill :(

Bill Graveland @BillGraveland
Police also searching the Spyhill landfill site in NW Calgary in missing person case. Spokeswoman Emma Poole said 7 officers are involved.
"They're attempting to cast a wider net," said Poole. She said it is likely other landfills will be searched in the future #AmberAlert

https://twitter.com/BillGraveland

The three landfills don't open up until 7:30am, so if he did murder all 3 family members and wanted to get rid of them in the landfill, did he load up his truck with other stuff from their house and drive to one of the 3 landfills and made it look like he was dumping garbage? The only problem with this is you would think a lot more people would have noticed the truck, especially if he drove across town from the Liknes house to Spy Hill Landfill to wait for 7:30. And the landfills are also monitored by cameras. Now if he went to the other 2 Landfills might have been a little less traffic but I am sure he still would have been seen.

Was all this a revenge for DG? Did he mean for it to go this far. Or was he just going there to ask for money back. The thing is if he was going to go there just to rob or force AL to pay him back, wasn't he afraid of having the police called on him and possibly going back to jail? Makes me wonder if murder was the plan all along. And poor Nathan, I wish he would have went home with his mom that night.

Evidence, be it bodies, bloody furniture & carpets, contaminated vehicle parts, paperwork, weapons, electronics et al. can be dumped in any garbage bin, in any city.

It's only prudent that they search the landfills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xhononibb