Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So many posts to read, so forgive me if it's been considered.

What if the Likneses pre-arranged their disappearance (for the sake of "with who?", we'll say Garland) and a safe house was created where Garland would have given them their new identities and bank card and food/water/toiletries as needed. Are the police trying to keep Garland long enough to the point that he would know that the Likkneses are running out of food and would have to speak up on where they are?

Obviously, if there was bad blood between them all those years ago, it must have "cleared up" as who intro's DG's sister to AL son? They've only been dating since November/2013. The Garlands spread aint nothing to sneeze at and the senior Garlands are getting on in age, maybe AL saw a boon in getting his son to date DG's sister.

Also, another company AL was a part of is Northern Pressure Systems,, also a dead end company. What a shell game.

We know that DG has a criminal past but AL has lead a far more deceptive life and my feelings have changed on him since sleuthing the night away.

I did read all the references. Sure DG slots in to some things but we still have limited information on him. Until he can be tied to something (charged with murder/abduction) we only have generalizations to go by, IMHO. I'm not willing to suspect him of being a serial killer…. yet.

Nobody is implying he's a serial killer, you are missing my point.

Perhaps she could not practise after she declared bankruptcy...not sure of the realtor rules in Alberta.

Didn't she declare bankruptcy in 2012?

I think you are referring to this leather furniture right? But that could be furniture from the office cleared few days prior. When I look at the windows, they do not match the windows of the house. Or, maybe I a wrong :thinking:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-couch-futon/calgary/green-leather-couch-loveseat/603471099

The room that furniture is in almost looks like a garage convert or commercial space especially by what appears to be a raised sill by a door. One would think an experienced real estate agent would ensure the rug is straightened and the room tidied up before they take pics of things to sell? Makes me wonder if the furniture pic was taken in someone else's house or perhaps the strip mall office and by someone other than KL?

I have been to sales where the people only had pictures of furniture available. You had to arrange to see it if you are interested. Was it even in the L house at all?

It has been posted a few times upthread with links that there were drag marks that were recently cleaned. If someone took time to clean the drag marks outside, why wouldn't they clean the blood inside?

JMO
Where is there a reference that said there was blood inside? Inside where?

Not sure if this is the Panama link you mean, but in thread #1 post 282 I had mentioned finding that AL is listed as a director of this business in Panama:

http://ohuiginn.net/panama/company/id/542288

I had no luck finding out any info on this company, but maybe a super searcher here can :)
Here it gives a registry page or something not sure what "open corporate" means as this corporate, oil and gas business connections is way over my head FWIW https://opencorporates.com/companies/pa/542288

This thing started with a claim that DG is too old to be able to handle three people or bodies and got way out of context :seeya:

Ahhh Thanks I missed that.

I would have thought so too until the recent case here in Calgary of the former U of C student stabbing 5 young people at the house party. He wasn't a big person and yet he was able to stab 5 people dead in a house of about 15 to 20 young people then run away and elude police for 40+ minutes until he was tracked down and subdued.

To that I say, looks can be deceiving and people in their 50s aren't what I would call elderly. Do we even know the height and weight of DG?

Where is there a reference that said there was blood inside? Inside where?

Since the house next door was empty , it would have made it easier for the Perp to clean up....I think the house that just sold was on the driveway side of the L's house.

Not sure if this is the Panama link you mean, but in thread #1 post 282 I had mentioned finding that AL is listed as a director of this business in Panama:

I had no luck finding out any info on this company, but maybe a super searcher here can :)

Thanks for finding that! This is a screen shot of the "full details" for that company. Is that the fifth or sixth company associated with the missing grandfather? Could this have some connection with marketing mercury?

Since the house next door was empty , it would have made it easier for the Perp to clean up....I think the house that just sold was on the driveway side of the L's house.

Going by the initial newscast on Global when they interviewed AL's new neighbour to be, it was. The family was supposed to move in last weekend. I feel bad for them.

Here it gives a registry page or something not sure what "open corporate" means as this corporate, oil and gas business connections is way over my head FWIW https://opencorporates.com/companies/pa/542288

So does this mean that both DG and AL had business in Panama? There are flights direct to Panama from Calgary around 6 and 8 am, Would one need a passport?

Next thing that I have been wondering is, how much stuff would have been left over from the estate sale? If things needed to be packed up, where were they going to put the excess?? Storage, moving van, other family homes? Has any of that been explored?

My problem is if AL was seriously injured and dragged how would DG drag him and lift into the back of a pick up without assistance? If KL was injured this is perhaps possible, but AL would have taken him on. JMO

Thanks for finding that! This is a screen shot of the "full details" for that company. Is that the fifth or sixth company associated with the missing grandfather? Could this have some connection with marketing mercury?

Hmmm companies that get closer and closer to Mexico…

Wonder what the sale of mercury is worth? Who buys it?

Is it ever used in drug production?

It has been posted a few times upthread with links that there were drag marks that were recently cleaned. If someone took time to clean the drag marks outside, why wouldn't they clean the blood inside?

JMO
I know, but what if they attempted to clean the inside as well? Perhaps luminal was used throughout the home..we just don't know at this point.

So many posts to read, so forgive me if it's been considered.

What if the Likneses pre-arranged their disappearance (for the sake of "with who?", we'll say Garland) and a safe house was created where Garland would have given them their new identities and bank card and food/water/toiletries as needed. Are the police trying to keep Garland long enough to the point that he would know that the Likkneses are running out of food and would have to speak up on where they are?

Obviously, if there was bad blood between them all those years ago, it must have "cleared up" as who intro's DG's sister to AL son? They've only been dating since November/2013. The Garlands spread aint nothing to sneeze at and the senior Garlands are getting on in age, maybe AL saw a boon in getting his son to date DG's sister.

Also, another company AL was a part of is Northern Pressure Systems,, also a dead end company. What a shell game.

We know that DG has a criminal past but AL has lead a far more deceptive life and my feelings have changed on him since sleuthing the night away.

I think your theory is very interesting.
One thing I did notice though about the Garland acreage is that it appears very well kept. The roof looks new, the grounds are neat and cared for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missygirl26