Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having trouble finding the photo, but in one of these threads there was a photo of a black lab dog and a candle holder thing. Someone was asking what happened to the dog. Did the Liknes have a dog? Whose dog was it in the photo?

This is the link to their Kijiji ads http://www.kijiji.ca/o-posters-other-ads/56563739

And the first photo is the same candle holder as the other photo I am trying to locate. The only difference is the other photo had a dog in it.

So it is 100% most certainly the same item in the same home. I don't know the relevance there but obviously they had a dog in their home.

I wish there was a way to see all of the phots and links attached to specific cases so that we don't have to go back and search page by page for an image.

Click the listing, there are two photos in there, one has a dog. It was said early on, that this item was located somewhere else, and that the dog was owned by the person who has this item in their home. But I have no proof or links to back that up.
ETA: one of their ads for the sofa bed states "Non smoking house and no animals"

I am having trouble finding the photo, but in one of these threads there was a photo of a black lab dog and a candle holder thing. Someone was asking what happened to the dog. Did the Liknes have a dog? Whose dog was it in the photo?

This is the link to their Kijiji ads http://www.kijiji.ca/o-posters-other-ads/56563739

And the first photo is the same candle holder as the other photo I am trying to locate. The only difference is the other photo had a dog in it.

So it is 100% most certainly the same item in the same home. I don't know the relevance there but obviously they had a dog in their home.

I wish there was a way to see all of the phots and links attached to specific cases so that we don't have to go back and search page by page for an image.

$_35.JPG

I believe this is the image you are looking for. However, this particular listing says the holder is in Canmore (so maybe the dog is too?), but you can see the item in Calgary. That makes no sense to me, but there it is.

Darkness, your condescending comment is not appreciated re:CSI answers.
I stand by my opinion, that someone 54 years of age, who seems portrayed at least as being frail, slope-shouldered and elderly would not be able to commit a violent crime involving three people, transport them throughout the night, drag a slippery-bloodied "body", or three. I will add that an adult with ADD in his fifties would/could be experiencing adrenal fatigue, which presents as chronic exhaustion. A lay person's opinion.

I know plenty of people 54 and older who are in excellent shape. How can you tell if DG is frail from a headshot? ADD has nothing to do with physical ability.

Click the listing, there are two photos in there, one has a dog. It was said early on, that this item was located somewhere else, and that the dog was owned by the person who has this item in their home. But I have no proof or links to back that up.

Ahh I see. thanks.

I remember that the ad in question mentioned that the item was located in Canmore, I would think then that it's very possible that it wasn't taken in their house and also likely not their dog. JMO

I'm not really sure why it is being assumed that a 54 yo is weak and frail? Have I missed a news report where it was said?

Ya I didn't ever get the impression he seemed "frail". If he is an inquisitive loner farm kid I bet you he is very physically able. Perhaps one of those "wiry" type of frames that although perhaps slight or of small overall stature is strong and tireless. I know lots of 50+ farm/acreage people over 50 that would be stronger/fitter then any 20 or 30 year old.

Also, regarding the movement of heavy objects. A dead weight (terrible word sorry) that isnt in a box or have a handle or perhaps shifts can make something that weighs 100 lbs seem double that.

Also the guy did do time, probably no slouch.

W

They were to be vacating the property by July 1 so JO may well have been helping with packing?

I know this has been discussed, at length in a previous thread...I never thought it odd that a little boy would stay overnight at his grandparents. If in fact they had to vacate by July 1, I would find leaving a child an odd behavior. Would most everything not be packed up? Can anyone verify that they had to leave by July 1? I don't recall seeing or hearing this in any other posts.

I know plenty of people 54 and older who are in excellent shape. How can you tell if DG is frail from a headshot? ADD has nothing to do with physical ability.

I would add that many rural folks especially folks who actively maintain, farm or raise animals are in excellent shape and far from frail well into their 50's and 60's and later years. I know rural Alberta folks in the oil and gas industry who, at 70, will out work a young man in their 20's.

I'm not really sure why it is being assumed that a 54 yo is weak and frail? Have I missed a news report where it was said?

lol, thanks peony. I had to laugh at the assumption that somehow 54 is so old. Really, these days, 54 is anything but old. Granted, there are some that age early, but people I know at 54 are mostly vibrant and strong.

Im very curious to understand the comments made throughtout the threads about the "Drag Marks", Do we know if these drag marks are made by someone draging a human or is it possible that the marks were made by someone draging newly purchased furniture from the house to a waiting vehicle?

Just Wondering

I saw an upclose shot from a video and they are clearly blood trail marks. But it was watery marks. There was a clear and big droplet of blood in a paver groove near the garage door.

The RCMP explosives disposal unit is now at the property. Called in from #yeg to help with search #yyc #AmberAlert

RCMP Explosives Disposal Unit now on scene at property.
amberalert1.png

I know this has been discussed, at length in a previous thread...I never thought it odd that a little boy would stay overnight at his grandparents. If in fact they had to vacate by July 1, I would find leaving a child an odd behavior. Would most everything not be packed up? Can anyone verify that they had to leave by July 1? I don't recall seeing or hearing this in any other posts.

This would make it even more likely that JO would let NO stay over, if they were headed out to Mexico/Edmonton/wherever it would probably be awhile before they saw them again.

I stand by my opinion, that someone 54 years of age, who seems portrayed at least as being frail, slope-shouldered and elderly would not be able to commit a violent crime involving three people, transport them throughout the night, drag a slippery-bloodied "body", or three. I will add that an adult with ADD in his fifties would/could be experiencing adrenal fatigue, which presents as chronic exhaustion. A lay person's opinion.

The way you describe it does make it sound like too much for one person..... However.....

We don't know for sure that POI really has ADD. I have some understanding of assessment of learning disorders in children through my line of work and I can tell you that any diagnosis made more than 10 years ago may not be accurate or paint a complete picture. So much more is now known about these types of disorders than back when we have record of when DG may or may not have been assessed.

We also don't know that this was a one person crime. Could have been a 2 or 3 person job.

Some 54 year olds are in good shape. Just because he's skinny doesn't mean he isn't strong. If he had access to a winch or wheelbarrow/ramp one doesn't need super strength to transport heavy items. MOO

Strength wouldn't be a factor if culprit had a gun and took 2/3 hostage and they walked on their own. Especially if the little boy was taken hostage.... I'm pretty sure the grandparents would do whatever they were told. Sad but true....

POI needs to provide a fairly compelling explanation for why his rare truck was seen in crime area multiple times. If he contends that it isn't his truck then he also needs to provide a good alibi for June 30-July 4. MOO is he has neither a good explanation or a good alibi.

The close up from the video that Otto enhanced( as in colour) and the above "drag marks" picture look very different to me.
Are they both of the same thing?

Does anyone recall the abandoned dark coloured SUV in the field/property of the Garlends, the vehicle when pictured had its doors open i believe.

Was anything further mentioned about that vehicle or if its still on scene, Im curious as that vehicle would be more than capable of providing enough room for possibly 3 adults and a child................im just thinking that a pickup truck would be a difficult vehicle to provide cab space for that many people?

JC

If the POI or whomever is to blame, went to the house and something unplanned happened resulting in blood loss/violence, he then could've taken A grandparent and NO AND hidden them somewhere then gone back to remove the injured/body THEN gone back to clean up - resulting in multiple trips to and from ???

Questions I have

(snipped) ---Perhaps through the oil and gas industry as DG was educated and study the use of chemicals!!! (snipped)

Possibly, if DG had been hired for field work. He may have had access to the typical oilfield chemicals like biocides, foamers, corrosion inhibitors, etc. Doubtful he'd have been used in a consulting capacity for that since the chemical manufacturers do extensive R & D and generally it's their sales section who suggest the appropriate blends for the operating conditions at any particular well/pipeline.

Although I think I saw on Thread #5 some mention of Zinc Phosphate being found on the Airdrie property. I don't know how that would be used for farm application but there's at least a couple of manufacturers who have it as an ingredient in oilfield blends, in biocides IIRC. (Or maybe in corrosion inhibitors, I can't remember for sure which.)

Unless he was hired to try to copy an existing formula for cheap, but that would take a good amount of lab equipment that he'd be unlikely to have on hand. I think he'd have to have something like a mass spec or an AA machine to try to determine the ingredients because most of the blends are proprietary and not all the ingredients are provided, not even on the MSDS sheets for them.

(I'm not a scientist but for over a decade worked at a lab that did various chemical testing and assays for some oil companies.)

Meanwhile, Douglas Garland, the "person of interest" in the Calgary-area investigation, is likely to be freed on Friday.

Not surprised, but that stinks.

The forensics unit also examined "marks" along the outside of the house, but police could not confirm whether those marks are blood.

Interesting. Everyone here says they really look like blood. I haven't looked, to be honest!
Police have a number of theories as to what took place, but aren't making those public.

I hope this is realllllllly true.

Source:http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/nathan-o-brien-amber-alert-police-search-2nd-landfill-in-calgary-1.2702103

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viki Cowan