Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone follow the twitter media on this case, and are they still searching the landfill and the Garland properties today?

If local media is present at those site and providing tweets could someone please share those with "Websluethers"

TIA

Not sure if anyone has posted this but the original kijiji ad for the sale said the sale was from 830-4:00 judging how late JO left, does this mean they extended the sale? I know it was estimated that there was around 200 people who came. But does this mean there was lots left? I wonder how much they actually sold.

in the first thread there was a kijiji link to the estate sale and i do recall some pictures of furniture that was being sold, I will go back and see if i can find the link and repost it here

Their ads: http://www.kijiji.ca/o-posters-other-ads/56563739

I didnt not see anything in any of the images to suggest that the blanket in the bag from the landfil is theirs, perhaps if someone could find the original realestate listing it may be there

I went thru facebook too. Some photos from inside the home, but none have that blanket.

Nathan O'Brien Amber Alert: Search for Calgary family expands
Police search landfill as well as rural acreage for clues to disappearance of boy, grandparents

CBC News Posted: Jul 10, 2014 8:28 AM MT

On Wednesday, police began searching a municipal landfill near the city, in addition to a rural acreage where an intense search has been going on since Saturday.

Police say officers are going through the Spyhill Landfill, northwest of the city, looking for evidence in the disappearance of Nathan O'Brien, 5, and his grandparents, Alvin and Kathy Liknes. They say widening the search is a normal part of such an investigation.

Police chief Rick Hanson said officers are working tirelessly to find the three missing people.

"Investigators are tenacious and they are committed," he said. "They take every investigation they take on — especially a homicide or any other personal assault on an individual — they take it personally."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...cmp=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Much more at link^^^

Blanket: could it have been from the trunk or backseat of a car? I live up north and always have a blanket and some other supplies in the vehicle in winter. I'd assume many Canadians do that same. If you get stuck in freezing temps, you need to be prepared. Blizzards and accidents can shut down the highway.

Im curious, is there a picture or video link of the "Green Truck" that was seized at the Garland Properties available?

I would like to match it against the image released from July 4

Does anyone follow the twitter media on this case, and are they still searching the landfill and the Garland properties today?

If local media is present at those site and providing tweets could someone please share those with "Websluethers"

TIA

Stephanie Brennan ‏@CTVStephBrennan 1h
Detectives and Airdrie FD arrive back at Garland family home to continue their search. 11 days since Nathan O'Brien & grandparent last seen

https://twitter.com/CTVStephBrennan

All I've seen so far today re searches

Not sure if anyone has posted this but the original kijiji ad for the sale said the sale was from 830-4:00 judging how late JO left, does this mean they extended the sale? I know it was estimated that there was around 200 people who came. But does this mean there was lots left? I wonder how much they actually sold.
They were to be vacating the property by July 1 so JO may well have been helping with packing?

Another couple of thoughts with questions ... Where were the gasoline gauges on the L's vehicles ... what were the debit purchases in the days prior to the abduction ... what was in the fridge and freezer (if they had one). Was there a landline phone in the home?

They were to be vacating the property by July 1 so JO may well have been helping with packing?

Okay that helps, I completely forgot about this. Makes much more sense as it takes a long time to pack, even if they sold a lot.

It could be argued that drag marks indicate someone NOT in their prime, who couldn't simply carry 100 to 200 pounds over their shoulder. In reality, to subdue someone, time how long it takes you to grab the closest heavy object to you, and swing it 6 times. 20 seconds? 40 seconds? As much as everyone likes the neat and tidy CSI answers, reality is not as absolute.

[modsnip]
I stand by my opinion, that someone 54 years of age, who seems portrayed at least as being frail, slope-shouldered and elderly would not be able to commit a violent crime involving three people, transport them throughout the night, drag a slippery-bloodied "body", or three. I will add that an adult with ADD in his fifties would/could be experiencing adrenal fatigue, which presents as chronic exhaustion. A lay person's opinion.

No forced entry, drag marks, dark stains, house upside down, lights left on, abduction of three, yet perp not the least bit concerned about being seen in these areas outside the home. No concern regarding cars passing by, neighbours putting recyling to the curb, shift workers returning home. If this is one person, this would have taken some time to pull off. Still wondering if doors were closed/locked? With so much going on, why would a perp even bother to close the door? Also wondering if NO's footwear was missing? IMO

[modsnip] I think she knew her parents were in trouble, they had maybe even confided in her that they were being harassed... maybe she knew they were shady and skipping town, but still trusted her son with them over night. Then when she saw the inside, she'd seen something that confirmed her worries - maybe it was all of AL's business paper work strewn about, maybe a gun safe she knew of was broken into, maybe she saw a bloody towel or blood on AL's favorite chair to sit in, who knows. But (IMO) she had suspicions that her parents were being shady and/or threatened, made a bad call leaving her son there, thinking nothing would happen ("He wasn't supposed to be there")[modsnip].

On another note, I understand why LE is keeping mum about a lot of stuff, but at the same time, it is very frustrating to be 'ahead' of LE (as WS members), or at least be aware of what the next thing they'll 'disclose/admit' to the public is.

[modsnip]
I stand by my opinion, that someone 54 years of age, who seems portrayed at least as being frail, slope-shouldered and elderly would not be able to commit a violent crime involving three people, transport them throughout the night, drag a slippery-bloodied "body", or three. I will add that an adult with ADD in his fifties would/could be experiencing adrenal fatigue, which presents as chronic exhaustion. A lay person's opinion.

Although I understand what you are saying, on the other hand... humans are capable of a great deal of things that they may or may not believe they can do. Be it from adrenaline or whatever.

Questions I have

Is there any confirmation to the Business Relationship that AL and DG were involved in together?
Has there been any other connection made with AL and DG besides the commonlaw relationship as mentioned in the MSM?
---Perhaps through the oil and gas industry as DG was educated and study the use of chemicals!!!
Do we know or understand the business ventures that AL was involved in the USA?
What was DG role with the government when he was employeed under the stolen identity?

Although I understand what you are saying, on the other hand... humans are capable of a great deal of things that they may or may not believe they can do. Be it from adrenaline or whatever.

Sure, we have all heard of people on certain drugs that exhibit super human strength and can even fight off several police officers. Or the mother that lifts a car to free her child. But that's not the norm, we don't hear that everyday. There are certain realities of ageing, and I believe there is data somewhere about the age ranges of violent criminals. Will see what I can find.

Also someone holding a knife to a child's throat or a gun to a child's head would give that person a lot of leverage no matter what their size. Uggg it's so hard to go there in my mind. It would give the grandmother incentive to pull /drag the bleeding person on the ground if a weapon was being held to a child. I would do whatever they told me to save the child.This is all my opinion only and I hope I never find out.

This is part of why I have a lot of hope they are alive. Whoever committed the crime left with them. They didn't kill them at the house at least and leave them there. So taking it into account that they are not dead in the house, it would be easier to have people walk on their own than to kill them first and work with bodies. I don't know how hard it is to carry individuals that are deceased but in single perp situations where the perp murders at the home and wants to cover it up they usually have to do some dismembering to move the body. In the potential time frame and the evidence in the home I have high doubts that this happened. However we do know the potential of one person being in medical distress and possibly dragged. I can't even begin to understand how hard this is for the family. Even though this post is a little gruesome to think of, I really think it is hopeful that they are alive somewhere. I can't see a perp doing this in the first place so I don't know why a perp would keep people alive either but I really do have hope for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clarice34ON4ill