Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, we have all heard of people on certain drugs that exhibit super human strength and can even fight off several police officers. Or the mother that lifts a car to free her child. But that's not the norm, we don't hear that everyday. There are certain realities of ageing, and I believe there is data somewhere about the age ranges of violent criminals. Will see what I can find.

Okay, so let's entertain this idea, that he was too weak/old to lift a body, and that data shows violent crimes taper off after the age of 40. Maybe then he dragged the body/bodies, hence the drag marks. Maybe he found other bitter (younger, stronger) previous employees of AL who wanted some money and helped. Maybe he held them all at gunpoint. Are you trying to say you don't think he's strong enough to lift a body, or that he had nothing to do with it at all?

Sure, we have all heard of people on certain drugs that exhibit super human strength and can even fight off several police officers. Or the mother that lifts a car to free her child. But that's not the norm, we don't hear that everyday. There are certain realities of ageing, and I believe there is data somewhere about the age ranges of violent criminals. Will see what I can find.

Drugs like Crystal Meth?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Jason Markusoff
@markusoff

Calgary Police expand search in #amberalert to a second landfill, in SE Calgary. going door-to-door in rural Airdrie. brooooooad search.
9:24 a.m. Thu, Jul 10
"

"News Talk 770
@NewsTalk770

#AmberAlert update from @CalgaryPolice: they are searching landfill at 17th and 68th Street today. #Airdrie home also still being searched.
9:24 a.m. Thu, Jul 10
"

"Mike Lumsden
@MLumsden770
Just released update on #airdrie #AmberAlert search. #yyc #yeg pic.twitter.com/xuo2gkz6Av
9:25 a.m. Thu, Jul 10

Twitter
By: Mike Lumsden @MLumsden770"

"News Talk 770
@NewsTalk770

Police spokesperson Kevin Brookwell expected to chat with media about #AmberAlert latest after 1pm today. We will be there for that. #yyc
9:25 a.m. Thu, Jul 10"

"Erika M. Stark
@erikamstark
Landfill searches are a 'routine procedure' to look for anything relevant to investigation, police say. #AmberAlert
9:27 a.m. Thu, Jul 10"

I can't help but think that someone of DG's age, who in my estimation looks a bit frail (?) in the sketch, would not have the stamina or physical ability to carry out anything violent against even one person. Do we have statistics on the ages of perpetrators of violent crimes?
It would make sense that more than one individual was involved in this, and the other(s) involved would be in their prime.

I have always felt that DG is somehow involved, however I also felt that maybe someone else contacted him for help, or he was a look out or something. The possibility of someone being hired has crossed my mind as well. There are so many possibilities. But I do think the police have more information like so many have said, because of the depth of their searching efforts in this one area related to DG.

I keep changing my mind about what exactly I think happened. But right now I'm leaning towards one person bleeding at the residence and this being a targeted attack, that I feel had little or nothing to do with the estate sale.

On a different note. Does anyone know how long after a company 'goes under' they are registered on the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Online search?

All of the above is MOO

Questions I have

Is there any confirmation to the Business Relationship that AL and DG were involved in together?
Has there been any other connection made with AL and DG besides the commonlaw relationship as mentioned in the MSM?
---Perhaps through the oil and gas industry as DG was educated and study the use of chemicals!!!
Do we know or understand the business ventures that AL was involved in the USA?
What was DG role with the government when he was employeed under the stolen identity?

"According to a police source in the Calgary Herald, Mr. Liknes and Mr. Garland also had a fight over a business deal dating back several years".

"Another of the companies Mr. Liknes is linked to, Blue Sky Oil and Gas Corp. was registered in Nevada in 2008. A press release said it was involved with natural gas production".

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/07...-his-grandson/

"At the same time he was also a lab auditor for the B.C. government, checking for quality assurance at various testing facilities".

http://injusticebusters.org/index.htm/newstories3.htm

I'm not really sure why it is being assumed that a 54 yo is weak and frail? Have I missed a news report where it was said?

Quote Originally Posted by rizzo0904 View Post
THe ex bf that shot ALs daughter....who was his attorney?

Adriano Iovinelli

Recently appointed Queen's Counsel in Calgary

http://alberta.ca/release.cfm?xID=35624E35AE74D-B656-6B78-FBB2D96CAC768F80

And definitely the go-to guy in the event the illegal fully loaded handgun you're putting in your pocket accidentally goes off and shoots your gf in the chest - twice - and then you break into an elderly person's home and hold he and his terrified wife at gunpoint in their bedroom, in order to solicit their advice on what you should do about... well, about shooting your gf, of course.

http://www.westernwheel.com/article/20121205/WHE0801/312059979/-1/whe/shooting-trial-goes-viral-over-breast-implant-claims

[modsnip]

Chora told the court despite telling police he snapped, he was not angry with Likness at the time of the shooting.

He said he still loved the woman because they had a child together, but said he did not want a romantic relationship with her. He had been trying to borrow money for Likness that day, he testified.

“I understood why she was mad,” Chora said. “It was a long day and I hadn’t come up with any money so I guess I was a loser.”

In the past Chora said he had provided Likness with a great deal of money because of a criminal lifestyle. He testified he left that lifestyle behind when he moved out of his Kamloops home with Likness and moved to Vulcan.

He said he still carried a gun because he had enemies who may want to hurt him.

Justice Craig Jones will rule on the case Wednesday (Dec. 5).

Chora is charged with assault with a firearm, aggravated assault, break-and-enter, unlawful confinement, carrying a loaded firearm and carrying a weapon while prohibited.

According to this article, Chora owed EL money. Most other articles have it the other way around - and also have writers who spell surnames correctly! Apparently, according to this article the fellow has suffered a number of serious health issues, none of which appeared to have significantly interfered with his criminal rap sheet. Whether another four years in jail have reinforced his decision to "go straight" is a moot question. Whether he acquired some new friends looking for work during his sojourn behind bars is not such a moot question, IMO. He just got out last January.

Okay, so let's entertain this idea, that he was too weak/old to lift a body, and that data shows violent crimes taper off after the age of 40. Maybe then he dragged the body/bodies, hence the drag marks. Maybe he found other bitter (younger, stronger) previous employees of AL who wanted some money and helped. Maybe he held them all at gunpoint. Are you trying to say you don't think he's strong enough to lift a body, or that he had nothing to do with it at all?

I believe a lot went on between the hours of 10pm and daylight, and that a junior-senior like DG would not have the stamina, or the physical strength to carry out the disappearance of 3 unwilling people, possibly transporting them on his own.
If he had a gun to someone's head, he would still have the logistical problem of moving the people.
Nowhere did I say I thought he had nothing to do with it.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2014/07/09/21797391.html

"Without a motive for the abduction or any named suspect, police are left to look for clues and traces of the trio -- and on Wednesday, they asked property owners in rural areas outside Calgary to search their land for anything suspicious.

As for the sudden attention to the landfill, police say it's a normal tactic in any missing persons case -- though in truth, it almost never happens in Calgary, only rarely taking place in murder investigations.

Whatever officers are looking for in the Spyhill dump, police say similar searches may be conducted in other Calgary landfills -- landfills, incidently, where garbage collected in Airdrie also ends up.

It's an awful job, but the alternative would be to overlook a vital clue.

For police, that makes heat and stench bearable."

I am having trouble finding the photo, but in one of these threads there was a photo of a black lab dog and a candle holder thing. Someone was asking what happened to the dog. Did the Liknes have a dog? Whose dog was it in the photo?

This is the link to their Kijiji ads http://www.kijiji.ca/o-posters-other-ads/56563739

And the first photo is the same candle holder as the other photo I am trying to locate. The only difference is the other photo had a dog in it.

So it is 100% most certainly the same item in the same home. I don't know the relevance there but obviously they had a dog in their home.

I wish there was a way to see all of the phots and links attached to specific cases so that we don't have to go back and search page by page for an image.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butterfliesfly777