Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the POI or whomever is to blame, went to the house and something unplanned happened resulting in blood loss/violence, he then could've taken A grandparent and NO AND hidden them somewhere then gone back to remove the injured/body THEN gone back to clean up - resulting in multiple trips to and from ???

This fits the theory that the truck was seen a few times. And also makes sense that he could have 'subdued' that many people.

I believe a lot went on between the hours of 10pm and daylight, and that a junior-senior like DG would not have the stamina, or the physical strength to carry out the disappearance of 3 unwilling people, possibly transporting them on his own.
If he had a gun to someone's head, he would still have the logistical problem of moving the people.
Nowhere did I say I thought he had nothing to do with it.

I don't mean to sound snarky, but wouldn't they move themselves since they are under the threat of a gun? Like someone said upthread, if they were holding a gun/knife to the little boy's head/throat, the grandparents are going to comply, even if that means getting into a vehicle themselves, staying quiet/staying put though they want to yell out/run away, etc.

The close up from the video that Otto enhanced( as in colour) and the above "drag marks" picture look very different to me.
Are they both of the same thing?

No they are different. I believe that the drag marks are along the SIDE of the house and the ones from the video I posted a couple days ago looks to be pooling in front of the garage door.

I also noted in a previous post that there are MARKS on the garage door. In news footage they appear to be blurred out. I posted footage of that last night.

I wonder.... just wonder if one of the vehicles involved backed into the garage door and left a mark?

Or perhaps someone was injured there. Or was "waiting" to be loaded into the back of a truck there.

Oh God. This is terrible.

No they are different. I believe that the drag marks are along the SIDE of the house and the ones from the video I posted a couple days ago looks to be pooling in front of the garage door.

I also noted in a previous post that there are MARKS on the garage door. In news footage they appear to be blurred out. I posted footage of that last night.

I wonder.... just wonder if one of the vehicles involved backed into the garage door and left a mark?

Or perhaps someone was injured there. Or was "waiting" to be loaded into the back of a truck there.

Oh God. This is terrible.

I appreciate you answering my question

Thank you:tyou:

Does anyone recall the abandoned dark coloured SUV in the field/property of the Garlends, the vehicle when pictured had its doors open i believe.

Was anything further mentioned about that vehicle or if its still on scene, Im curious as that vehicle would be more than capable of providing enough room for possibly 3 adults and a child................im just thinking that a pickup truck would be a difficult vehicle to provide cab space for that many people?

JC

It was a black toyota 4runner that was in the slough at the end of the road, not on the garland property, but about 2 km from it. And nothing was mentioned, just a photo of them searching it. I assume it was found to be not related to the search.

Does anyone recall the abandoned dark coloured SUV in the field/property of the Garlends, the vehicle when pictured had its doors open i believe.

Was anything further mentioned about that vehicle or if its still on scene, Im curious as that vehicle would be more than capable of providing enough room for possibly 3 adults and a child................im just thinking that a pickup truck would be a difficult vehicle to provide cab space for that many people?

JC

I was just thinking about that myself. The SUV type vehicle that was in the middle of the slough? I don't remember hearing anything more about that besides that day.

Although I think I saw on Thread #5 some mention of Zinc Phosphate being found on the Airdrie property.
<rsbm>

It was zinc phosphide that DG was seeking out online (i.e. rat poison, can be used in gopher control).

A reporter asked about those marks at one of the earlier pressers:

"And there were marks on the garage, that almost looked like tag marks, paint marks ... Was that, do you know if that was there before?"

Sgt. Andrus replies to her that he "doesn't have information in regards to that."

The discussion begins at about the 10:20 mark: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/nathan-o-brien-amber-alert-violent-crime-happened-at-home-1.2696527

<rsbm>

Not sure exactly what pic you are referring to OB, but in some pics we could see what we believed to be luminol staining on the garage door.

I hadn't thought of that! Maybe some green paint came off, and that's how they narrowed in on a green vehicle, checked the cameras, and lo and behold, a green truck!

I am having trouble finding the photo, but in one of these threads there was a photo of a black lab dog and a candle holder thing. Someone was asking what happened to the dog. Did the Liknes have a dog? Whose dog was it in the photo?

This is the link to their Kijiji ads http://www.kijiji.ca/o-posters-other-ads/56563739

And the first photo is the same candle holder as the other photo I am trying to locate. The only difference is the other photo had a dog in it.

So it is 100% most certainly the same item in the same home. I don't know the relevance there but obviously they had a dog in their home.

I wish there was a way to see all of the phots and links attached to specific cases so that we don't have to go back and search page by page for an image.

Was this it ?

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-image.html?adId=605625318&image=1&enableSearchNavigationFlag=false

Am drafting up the timeline now. Bear with me for a bit as it's difficult going back and finding all relevant dates with all the information that has come to light .. it will be fluid until some details are firmed up.

@Snoopster ... the post of yours I was looking for is where you had "hinted" :floorlaugh: at someone starting the timeline. You included some dates/events that I want to have a look at. I have never had trouble with the search feature before, so just don't know what I'm doing wrong with the new one in trying to find your posts :(

@otto ... oh knowledgable one re the business ventures involved in this case. Could you find it in your heart to zap me (not inviting PM by any means ;) a summary of info that you have found on the various businesses .. just company names, registration dates, dates closed or other significant info ... just month/year or year only if that's all you have).

I remember that the ad in question mentioned that the item was located in Canmore, I would think then that it's very possible that it wasn't taken in their house and also likely not their dog. JMO

We have covered off the dog issue several times. It belongs to KL's life long friend and she resides in Canmore :)

http://www.calgarysun.com/2014/07/01/drag-marks-spotted-at-scene-where-calgary-grandparents-and-young-boy-went-missing
From this link, going back through the live updates, I came across this photo. They say they are drag marks. I'm trying to figure out the angle of the photo.
View attachment 54580

The angle is looking from the front of the house, down the EAST side of the home, there is a side door (just past the hose), not sure if the door goes into the garage or directly into the home. The drag marks come from that door area to the front of the house, and stop in front of the garage door. Very close to where a second vehicle could be parked in that driveway.

Or could be that side door goes from the kitchen to outside, and a garbage bag was dragged along there, and placed in the garage.

It is a piece of metal work representing the Three Sisters (mountains) in Canmore. It is a very popular landscape in Canmore. It has been designed to hold various this on the round disk (the ad suggest cupcakes or flowers or tea light candles etc.)

This is the three sisters:
5294842555_ac2d56af15_z.jpg

If the POI or whomever is to blame, went to the house and something unplanned happened resulting in blood loss/violence, he then could've taken A grandparent and NO AND hidden them somewhere then gone back to remove the injured/body THEN gone back to clean up - resulting in multiple trips to and from ???

Or killed all three and gone back and removed them one by one and gotten rid of them somewhere....now where is that somewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butterfliesfly777