Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is so sad. I've followed other cases but never this closely and I just feel so horrible for the families involved. Having kids myself I just can't imagine. :( :( :(

There was a LOT of "I'm not able to comment on that at this time" in that update. They absolutely know who was hurt in the home.

I couldn't agree more. The whole thing had a very relaxed kind of "same old, same old" feel to it until he was asked about that didn't it?

End of July makes more sense. The above Calgary Herald article was dated July 3, so it is very possible the person being interviewed DID mean the end of July.

I have definitely read out by July 1. Will try to find a link in due course. Question: so if not by July 1, if they had successfully sold off the contents of the home, they would spend a month in an empty home? I think it likely JO was planning to help again with packing, etc on Monday June 30 and it would therefore make sense leaving NO for a sleepover had he been tired when JO left at 10 Sunday night.

Check the stats/online resources, there are lots of them. Violent crimes, and I imagine those that would be labour intensive, or logistically difficult, are carried out by younger males... [modsnip]

(BBM)

But NEVER 50+ males/people? It is possible he had the strength and stamina to drag/carry/incapacitate 3 people. Now, in your opinion it isn't likely (either because of statistics or your beliefs about 54-year-olds' stamina and strength), but some of us are of the opinion that he would/did have the strength and stamina. [modsnip]

(BBM)

But NEVER 50+ males/people? It is possible he had the strength and stamina to drag/carry/incapacitate 3 people. Now, in your opinion it isn't likely (either because of statistics or your beliefs about 54-year-olds' stamina and strength), but some of us are of the opinion that he would/did have the strength and stamina.[modsnip]

This is the first I have seen on this site of users being testy. We are all just here sharing personal opinions, based on what we think we know! Can we lighten up?

I have definitely read out by July 1. Will try to find a link in due course. Question: so if not by July 1, if the successfully sold off the contents of the home, they would spend a month in an empty home? I think it likely JO was planning to help again with packing, etc on Monday June 30 and it would therefore make sense leaving NO for a sleepover had he been tired when JO left at 10 Sunday night.

I know July 1 has been stated earlier in the threads, but IMO it is unlikely that ALL contents were sold. Usually folks take a bit more time after a larage sale, all those people tromping round, trips to the dump or charities with unsold items, cleaning up the home for the new owners (i.e. the hoses were still there, chairs/planters still on the front porch). I've spent 2 weeks in an empty home waiting for furniture to arrive cross-country. Not the most comfy situation, but certainly possible.

Don't know, but we'll try to firm that up.

image.jpg

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/missing-calgary-boy-s-family-issues-emotional-plea-for-their-superhero-1.1895317

Click on the link provided and get a larger image:

In this photo of Liknes residence it clearly looks to me that the large front window on the left hand side has no screen or glass in the window casement. You can clearly see the reflections on the adjoining glass but not on the left hand casement. It appears as though you can actually see the window curtains clear enough to touch them.

Bradley Jones @bradleyrjay
Calgary Tactical Bomb Squad and Airdrie Fire Department are at Airdrie acreage today for investigation #AmberAlert

BsNS4MNCMAAU3m2.jpg

https://twitter.com/bradleyrjay

(BBM)

But NEVER 50+ males/people? It is possible he had the strength and stamina to drag/carry/incapacitate 3 people. Now, in your opinion it isn't likely (either because of statistics or your beliefs about 54-year-olds' stamina and strength), but some of us are of the opinion that he would/did have the strength and stamina. I think the hit nerves come from the feeling that you believe your opinion is based in logic but that the other opinions are not.

Wouldn't take much physical strength to incapacitate someone if a perp used, say, a stun gun, or taser. IMO.

View attachment 54597

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/missing-calgary-boy-s-family-issues-emotional-plea-for-their-superhero-1.1895317

Click on the link provided and get a larger image:

In this photo of Liknes residence it clearly looks to me that the large front window on the left hand side has no screen or glass in the window casement. You can clearly see the reflections on the adjoining glass but not on the left hand casement. It appears as though you can actually see the window curtains clear enough to touch them.

I wonder what happened to the glass. Police have said that there were no signs of forced entry. Could the glass have been removed as evidence?

I wonder what happened to the glass. Police have said that there were no signs of forced entry. Could the glass have been removed as evidence?

Either that, or maybe there was an altercation in the house, breaking the window. Forced entry would mean glass on the inside of the house, mostly, but an accident from inside the home would put most of the glass outside.

Anyone else notice the mud on AL's truck? You don't usually see mud like that from city driving. Wonder if he recently visited a rural Airdrie farm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butterfliesfly777