Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see him as the type to go to the police. Even to clear himself. He has had enough run ins/ dealing with them I just don't see him as the helpful type here.

BBM ^^
My thoughts exactly. If he wanted to help and had nothing to hide...why not drive right in and say hey...that looks similar to mine ...here you go...check it out & eliminate me &/or my truck? I know...wishful thinking....but...heck...better than sitting in jail for the past week .....I would think....JMO

The fact that its day 12 and no arrest, coupled with the fact that neighbours reportedly didn't hear anything strange points to one thing IMO.....this was a PROFESSIONAL HIT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loan shark?

Ok, for bail on a man convicted of disappearing and stealing an identity I agree with you its really low.
The guy is a creep regardless if he is guilty or not people who are involved with meth are creepy. They scare me because prolonged use of this crap destroys people and their brains.
I also find it concerning that AL daughter that was shot by accident was involved with a man that seemed much older than her. Driving around the city trying to get money ....??? Sorry but to me that screams collecting drug debts or selling drugs. That gentleman was from Kamloops, BC right?? Well the organized crime in BC is terrible and this guy just sounds like bad bad news. I think I read that people out there were looking for him ??
I am looking for A link but geez I can't find it grrr

Ok, for bail on a man convicted of disappearing and stealing an identity I agree with you its really low.

IMO, LE and the Crown wanted to make sure he was able to make bail.

I too myself was wondering why this supposedly expensive "cupcake holder" was being sold at the L's sale, since it was already shown on Kijiji by KL's friend why lug it all the way to Calgary when potential buyers could come buy it at the real seller's home in Canmore? Just thinking out loud.
:thinking:

I think I am stuck on the cupcake holder just because of my idle speculation that maybe it might have sold and the owner was told they could come over and pick up the money from the sale?

I'm stuck on all kinds of things in this case though!

One sad thing I often think of is the picture that Wondergirl posted on thread #1 #706 that shows the sale sign still on the front door when LE was checking for fingerprints:

amberalert-3_jeremynolais.jpg

Still makes me cry when I look at it :(

(editing to add link picture was originally from http://metronews.ca/news/calgary/10...io-was-last-seen/#link-to-full-image-for-nojs

But really $750.00 that seems a little low to me...we are talking fake ID here but what the hell do I know I am just P****D right off.

I agree, he was charged in 1999 for the same offence, did time, obviously didn't sink in...I guess he thinks he is above the law. JMO

I don't see him as the type to go to the police. Even to clear himself. He has had enough run ins/ dealing with them I just don't see him as the helpful type here.

I know...that was my wishful thinking......in a perfect world right? :( But then again...in a perfect world...we wouldn't have this case or the so many out there happening either.....blame it on me & my rose tinted glasses....

Add me to the list of those who don't think the trucks are the same... I also don't think DG did this alone. I feel he's involved, but on the sidelines. Maybe he got set up? But I don't think he made anyone disappear. I asked a few days ago about the mob...the mob is big where I live, but it's actually the Greek mob. AL has so many shady business dealings and people surrounding him. I think he pissed the wrong person off.

Going to upload a DRAFT timeline in the media thread this afternoon. It may be a bit rough as some details need to be firmed up. At this point, I am NOT including a lot of detail wrt AL's various companies (as some of the detail is minute, i.e. date of status changes, etc. The dates would all be interspersed throughout the document and may be confusing right now with not having ALL detail related to ALL of his companies).

This is a chronological document (not including every explicit detail). After it is uploaded, if anyone notices any errors or information that needs to be added, please let me know and I will change/include them in upcoming revisions.

I think I am stuck on the cupcake holder just because of my idle speculation that maybe it might have sold and the owner was told they could come over and pick up the money from the sale?

I'm stuck on all kinds of things in this case though!

One sad thing I often think of is the picture that Wondergirl posted on thread #1 #706 that shows the sale sign still on the front door when LE was checking for fingerprints:

amberalert-3_jeremynolais.jpg

Still makes me cry when I look at it :(

(editing to add link picture was originally from http://metronews.ca/news/calgary/10...io-was-last-seen/#link-to-full-image-for-nojs

This is what makes me think the crime happened early in the night...wouldn't KL have taken that sign down before going to bed? I know I would have.

This is what makes me think the crime happened early in the night...wouldn't KL have taken that sign down before going to bed? I know I would have.

You would think they'd have taken down the sign early in the evening, like before 10pm when JO left. Maybe the perp(s) put it back up to give the impression that because the signs was still up that maybe the perp was someone related to the estate sale.......like someone who was driving by, saw the sign still up and assumed sale still on? Wonder if the pink 'sale' signs that were reportedly placed around the neighborhood had been removed.

I agree, he was charged in 1999 for the same offence, did time, obviously didn't sink in...I guess he thinks he is above the law. JMO

Is it really $750.00???? Or $750,000
Big difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You would think they'd have taken down the sign early in the evening, like before 10pm when JO left. Maybe the perp(s) put it back up?

Or maybe, and I don't know how much of this I believe myself, the sign is one piece of many things AL/KL set up so that IF they DID disappear on their own accord, it would make people think a stranger from the sale did it.

View attachment 54701
View attachment 54702

I took a screen capture from the Global News feed of what they stated as DG green Truck and compared it to the truck Released on July 4

Twoo things stick out to me

1. The truck siezed from DG has what appears to be an extended trailer hitch where the July 4 picture does not
2. The July 4 truck looks like a single cab late 80 pick up, where DG truck looks more like a 90s style with what could be a extended cab type
3. the colour of the bumper in the July 4 pic is white, all beit hard to tellfor sure the bumper on DG truck is dark in colour.

this is just my opinion, I will see if i can enhance both images and determine through my own investigation of the vehicles through the pictures or if i can locate better pics to go by

"Police first began the search of the property on Range Road 291, approximately two kms north of Highway 567, on the evening of July 4, after receiving a tip about a Ford F150 truck they were looking for in connection with the disappearance of the three family members. A truck matching the description of one seen on CCTV footage taken near the family’s home on the night they disappeared was found and removed from the property."

http://www.airdriecityview.com/article/20140709/ACV0801/307099979/0/acv

Since the bail hearing today, and the new sketch of DG surfaced showing him with darker hair (?) it seems like users have done an about face.
Now the consensus seems to be that he was set up. What has changed here?
Is there a sympathy element that makes us feel sorry for him having no place to go, no one is his corner? Is it that he is appearing more feeble because of his question to the judge, re: staying at the farm? I'm curious.

Or maybe, and I don't know how much of this I believe myself, the sign is one piece of many things AL/KL set up so that IF they DID disappear on their own accord, it would make people think a stranger from the sale did it.

As it was still light out at 10pm on that Sunday evening, you would think that when JO left the home she'd have turned around to wave to NO, or been standing there on the step facing into the house to say her 'goodbyes' and that huge sign would have stuck out like a sore thumb to her and she'd have either removed it herself or told AL/KL to take it down. It's a pretty HUGE sign to miss/forget, IMO.

So strange.

Another about the sign in the door is that it's typed and in large lettering just an observation. Most sales ie garage sales in my town people just make up their own in marker and post the signs on hydro poles. :dunno:

Since the bail hearing today, and the new sketch of DG surfaced showing him with darker hair (?) it seems like users have done an about face.
Now the consensus seems to be that he was set up. What has changed here?
Is there a sympathy element that makes us feel sorry for him having no place to go, no one is his corner? Is it that he is appearing more feeble because of his question to the judge, re: staying at the farm? I'm curious.

I actually haven't viewed the new picture of him. I've never been sold on DG doing the crime. I just find it hard to believe that a man with no violent history that we know of would pull off a crime of this magnitude. Yes, there is a first time for everything and maybe I'll eat crow one day...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clarice34ON4ill