Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But if you use ignore the whole idea of free thinking with crowd sourcing ideas loses continuity,, i.e., someone who you have on ignore may post something (that you wont see) and your sleuthing neurons might not get to fire right and a great theory by you might be missed that is helpful to all.

The "ignore" was due to my asking her psychic friend to tweet out her feelings, and have her twitter followers check on it. To no surprise, the psychic believer only wants to hear what she wants to hear.

Anyone else get the feeling this thread has jumped the shark?

I was unbelievably impressed with the amount of what might actually be evidence at a future trial, that was collected so quickly before anyone with a vested interest was able to pull it off the internet. Perhaps evidence and theories here were right on the money before LE, given their sometimes limited resources, had a chance to gather it, or consider it themselves.

It has been widely discussed, especially after the Boston bombings, whether crowd sourcing evidence and investigations are a help, or a hindrance to LE. There have been some very well thought out theories about this case, with the links to back them up. There has also been interesting debate and information sharing. This has been an education for me, in more ways than one. I look forward to hearing from LE when all has come to wash, where "web sleuthing" helped, and where it compromised the investigation. Perhaps we may get a good indication of that during any trial attached to this case.

To the families and friends of the missing that have no involvement in their disappearance, you have my, and I'm safe in saying, every decent person's sympathies. Much of what is going on here, from the brilliant to the laughable, is with the deep need and desire to help. One day, perhaps, we can harness the good of this technology and this experiment in web sleuthing, and whatever happened on June 29th, 2014 will be remembered as a definitive event that evolved social media toward a higher purpose.

It's getting a bit much now though... Please read up on the truck news video before posting more comparisons. It's only a page or two back. Quick everyone, LE used the word "complex" to describe the investigation. Are they hiding something? IMO, IMHO, MOO... They're telling the truth.

:gaah: I see nothing new. Still no family. :tantrum:

So DG hasn't left the Remand Centre Yet. I'am wondering if he was depending on his mom and dad for everything. Now it makes me wonder what his parents suspect that he has done in this crime. Have the police told them a lot of what evidence they have found or do they just know that their son is involved.

I would think that they would give him $750.00 if he didn't have it. And you would think that they would have put him up in a safe place where media and public couldn't get to him, if they wanted to help him. That says a lot. I believe his family know a lot more about his character and state of mind and what he is capable of. Which kind of scares me.

If he was scared to be out in the public and staying at a homeless shelter why would he even ask for bail. I think every move this man makes is calculated on his part. Even down to the part that he moves in close to the monitor and the judge asks him if he has a hard time hearing, and he says no that he can't see. I think he wanted it to seem like he has bad eye sight and couldn't see, so how could he possibly have done this crime at night.

Anyway if/when he finally get his bail I'am sure that LE will have "Undercover Homeless" people at the mustard seed seeing if they can find anything out as I'am sure they already had some Undercover prisoners with him as well.

I just hope that if he does get out of jail and with him being described as a loner and mental health issues that they watch him. That he doesn't get any firearms and a vehicle while the police and RCMP are at the farm. I would not want a repeat of the Mayerthorpe, Alberta Tragedy from 9yrs ago.

IMO

Yes, totally a personal vendetta. AL comes from a large extended Family, I said before some Folks within that Family know way more than what they are saying..JMO
Perhaps some of them could of helped bailing them out of debt...but ...perhaps they to were burned too many times..no I do not think it's family, I think it is a connection between AL and DG...JMO

I believe it could be family and DG together. Whoever it was, I think that AL and KL knew them.

I believe it could be family and DG together. Whoever it was, I think that AL and KL knew them.

Did AL's company, Winter Petroleum, also work on patents? If so, perhaps someone from this recently defunct company has decided to give AL some "payback" for leaving them jobless and without income (while he goes and lives the high-life in Mexico)?

JAT! (just a thought)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. Remove the missing child from this mystery and I can easily imagine a scenario where people with business issues disappear on the eve of their lease ending.

But when I test this theory against some known events, it falters a bit. I keep thinking about what if LE were called to a house at 10 am on a Monday morning and someone said "my parents and son are missing". Normally LE is going to spend some time trying to assess if this is a custody issue, a family matter, an innocent trip to the park without leaving a note, etc.

But in this case however, it sounds like LE went full speed on misadventure instantly on checking the house. (We've heard by noon it was crawling with LE.) This hints to me (perhaps incorrectly) that LE saw or heard or believed something *right away* that told them this wasn't a case of the grandparents going on a trip.

This is similar to the Jeffrey Boucher case in that sense. The wife called police and they arrived and started searching within an hour of his reported disappearance. I think in this case as in that case, it was obvious that this was something extremely out of character and warranted alarm. Whereas some teenager not coming home after a night of partying is not always so suspect.

This is similar to the Jeffrey Boucher case in that sense. The wife called police and they arrived and started searching within an hour of his reported disappearance. I think in this case as in that case, it was obvious that this was something extremely out of character and warranted alarm. Whereas some teenager not coming home after a night of partying is not always so suspect.

I followed the Jeffrey Boucher case too, and you are right they started looking right away because it was so out of character and warranted alarm. But here I'am sure there was a lot in the house that warranted alarm as well.

Does anyone here feel like this crime was likely committed by a random person who saw the estate sale ad on kijiji? (And then subsequently attended the sale and cases the place?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder this and I also wonder if it had something to do with other business relationships that turned sour.

Perhaps AL and DG have common acquaintances and someone else hired DG to assist in the crime at the home but not take 100% of the responsibility. AKA accomplice.

If there was a struggle in the home I would assume DG would have some marks on his body, bruises or scratches, but so far we have heard no mention of that. Also the ONLY evidence they have found that is being shared with the public is video of his truck driving by the area.

Surely there has got to be something else? No fibers or DNA in the truck? Not one fingerprint in the home? Not one hair dropped from his head? No dogs picking up ANY scents for anyone?

This case is very mysterious.

I doubt it. They would need a warrant and have nothing on him. I have a feeling there are alot of parties involved in this mystery.

I think they could possibly build an argument to get these, if they haven't already. They could argue under the POI cause that during questioning he said something about a business deal with AL, so now they want access to files, records, and computers. Or they could argue it under the false ID case, that they want to see when where and how he obtained or has used the false ID. The difference this weekend is he has a designated solicitor whereas last weekend he had no representation (at first), then duty counsel after he was charged.

The green truck was caught by the video to be in the area several times. They should have time stamp. What was the time when it appeared each time? The investigators should know, but if they do they also should make it public, isn't it?

I think it's an unnecessary risk for LE to publish the details of the surveillance video at this time. It could jeopardize any future prosecution, and doesn't seem like it would have any benefit. The public has already been asked for tips regarding such a vehicle, so if someone saw something or knows something, having the time wouldn't suddenly change that.

I wonder this and I also wonder if it had something to do with other business relationships that turned sour.

Perhaps AL and DG have common acquaintances and someone else hired DG to assist in the crime at the home but not take 100% of the responsibility. AKA accomplice.

If there was a struggle in the home I would assume DG would have some marks on his body, bruises or scratches, but so far we have heard no mention of that. Also the ONLY evidence they have found that is being shared with the public is video of his truck driving by the area.

Surely there has got to be something else? No fibers or DNA in the truck? Not one fingerprint in the home? Not one hair dropped from his head? No dogs picking up ANY scents for anyone?

This case is very mysterious.

Maybe LE has more evidence on DG, but they are waiting to make an arrest until they have more results coming from the crime lab. Or maybe if LE believe that he has an accomplice or accomplices they are waiting to get the rest of the evidence on them too. Unless they don't know who they are and believe maybe they have AL KL and NO somewhere and they are trying to figure that out, and by not arresting DG he might slip up and lead LE right to them.

The "ignore" was due to my asking her psychic friend to tweet out her feelings, and have her twitter followers check on it. To no surprise, the psychic believer only wants to hear what she wants to hear.
If Psychic Kim knows all, why doesn't she just pick up the phone to Calgary Police Service and give them the solution so we can wrap this up by tomorrow. Or a better question is why didn't she notify the family and warn them not to leave their child there on the fateful night? Why doesn't she collect all lottery prizes globally and use the money to cure malaria? Nuff said.

So DG hasn't left the Remand Centre Yet. I'am wondering if he was depending on his mom and dad for everything. Now it makes me wonder what his parents suspect that he has done in this crime. Have the police told them a lot of what evidence they have found or do they just know that their son is involved.

I would think that they would give him $750.00 if he didn't have it. And you would think that they would have put him up in a safe place where media and public couldn't get to him, if they wanted to help him. That says a lot. I believe his family know a lot more about his character and state of mind and what he is capable of. Which kind of scares me.

If he was scared to be out in the public and staying at a homeless shelter why would he even ask for bail. I think every move this man makes is calculated on his part. Even down to the part that he moves in close to the monitor and the judge asks him if he has a hard time hearing, and he says no that he can't see. I think he wanted it to seem like he has bad eye sight and couldn't see, so how could he possibly have done this crime at night.

Anyway if/when he finally get his bail I'am sure that LE will have "Undercover Homeless" people at the mustard seed seeing if they can find anything out as I'am sure they already had some Undercover prisoners with him as well.

I just hope that if he does get out of jail and with him being described as a loner and mental health issues that they watch him. That he doesn't get any firearms and a vehicle while the police and RCMP are at the farm. I would not want a repeat of the Mayerthorpe, Alberta Tragedy from 9yrs ago.

IMO

Bail is customary, especially for this lower grade charges of possession a false ID. And the "calculated" moves all week have been those of his legal representation who have sworn a duty to provide the best representation they can for people accused of crimes.

Except the police responding have no way to gauge what is "out of character" means as it's completely subjective. They don't want to mobilize the entire force only to get a call saying "Never mind, they just took him to the pool for a half hour, my bad!"

They would however act on non-subjective clues that aren't up to interpretation: Smashed up house, torn window screen, bullet hole in the wall, etc.

Bail is customary, especially for this lower grade charges of possession a false ID. And the "calculated" moves all week have been those of his legal representation who have sworn a duty to provide the best representation they can for people accused of crimes.

Lol I know, I just kind of added that in there and probably should not have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xhononibb