Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There would not be any deals up for grabs in this case, since.. LE already has their one and only perp, and already enough evidence to have a crown attorney agree with laying murder charges. The only thing that cooperation would get the suspect at this point, would be a more lenient sentence, HOWEVER, with charges such as these for these crimes, there are mandatory sentences and no reason to even think about lessening them.

Homolka helped get LE their man, obviously unbeknownst to LE at the time, how large of a role she had played herself in the crimes. IF LE is going to offer up such deals, there should at least be a stipulation that if down the road, further evidence involving the talker should come to light, they reserve the right to adjust accordingly. I suppose it would be a lot harder to get someone to agree to talk under those conditions though! I wonder what kind of backroom deals are being offered with the Millard case. Sorry, off topic, rambling.

I have to say, if there is a deal I will be sick.

I think that the Homolka deal soured the Canadian judicial system of plea deals in exchange for evidence (especially when evidence can pop up later - like the tapes)

Nor do we know 'why'. If the hotel had agreed to take him in the first place, why would they ask him to leave? Wonder what he was doing.

Several pages back there was a media tweet indicating that the motel DG was staying at had asked him to leave though of course we don't know when.

Lack of money comes to mind.

That, and perhaps family pressure to let it go. He was related in a round about way. It would make it very uncomfortable for PG if he was suing her father-in-law.

I expect there will be a plea deal.

What sort of plea deal could there be for premeditated murder where there is evidence? I expect there to be a dangerous offender hearing after a conviction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper