Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I am new to your forum, being linked from the Calgary Herald Tweet about your conversations. Thank you to everyone who is trying to figure this case out. I do not know the people but I feel so sorry for them all :( I have read many of your posts and I am so impressed with your insight. I sure hope they figure this one out soon for the sake of the missing three and the family and friends that love them. Thanks again for your efforts. I think talking and thinking and sharing and of course praying, is better then doing nothing at all.

He skipped bail 7 years prior. The family moved to that property in 1973 and he had evidently been cooking in an outbuilding. There was a short spell at university where he was not living on the property. This was covered in some much earlier threads - sadly I don't have time to go back through all of them to direct you specifically. I would guess the 2nd thread would be a good place to start.

Ya, I remember but couldn't remember anything specific about where he lived or what he was doing from 1973 (13 yrs old) to 1992 ( 32 years old is when he skipped bail and wasn't arrested until 7 years later) except for the short time at university where he left due to a breakdown.

Re the other missing Alberta couple Lyle and Marie McCann, though they arrested a suspect, do they know the motive?

Well, I mean his parents have owned that acreage for ever so I am assuming he lived there, no? I remember vaguely reading someone went to school with him in airdrie but I could be wrong

You could be right, I was just wondering.

Re the other missing Alberta couple Lyle and Marie McCann, though they arrested a suspect, do they know the motive?

That sure is another odd case for sure. They arrested the suspect but ???

I really wonder, in 2014 why the police can't solve cases. We have such advanced technology and the connectivity of social media. I know my thought sounds so nieve, but don't we all wonder from time to time?

This search is going on too long for a quick resolution to finding the missing persons. It looks to me that police are no closer sg the missing persons than they were on July 1.
I'm wondering if a resolution will have to wait until the crops are harvested and the fields are cleared. I'm convinced that if the person of interest is involved, he put them in a place that he knows well from his teen/early 20s years. I wonder how helpful the parents can be. I wonder if someone that socialized with the person of interest 30 years ago might have some insight.

How long did it take to find Tim Bosma's remains after his disappearance, and would LE have even cracked the case had the remains not been left on the suspect's property?

I have a question for the forum members. Much of the news says the child was in the wrong place at the wrong time. If something bad did happen to the grandparents - why would they involve the child?? If there was a threat of violence against the grandparents why would the child's parents leave the youngster there overnight?

I am quite confident that the LE are going to arrest the right person(s) in the end of all this searching and investigating. Just going to take some extra time to get things ready and right to nail him/her. I hope that whoever is responsible for this sick crime is trembling badly in their shoes right now. If you are reading here perp, your time as a free person is VERY limited, and is going to come to an end. Just a matter of time. Tick-tock, tick-tock.

How do parents cope with this? It must be so awful :( Is there anything the public can do to help them? I struggle with understanding why horrible things happen like this.

I personally don't think the focus should be on DG. I would look more into Winter Petroleum Ltd. since it folded weeks pre-disappearance.

Here is former employee:

"But Marek Kozera — one of eight people who lost their job when Winter Petroleum Ltd. folded weeks ago — said he told investigators “everything” about his former boss and the company’s financial woes."

http://metronews.ca/news/calgary/10...any-went-bankrupt-weeks-before-disappearance/

I have a question for the forum members. Much of the news says the child was in the wrong place at the wrong time. If something bad did happen to the grandparents - why would they involve the child?? If there was a threat of violence against the grandparents why would the child's parents leave the youngster there overnight?
I'm wondering if it was a crime of opportunity so the perp/perps didn't know NO was going to be there on that particular night or was it domestic? So sad :( And welcome to WS :):great:

BBM ~ The grandparents likely did not know when there were going to get in trouble. I think they were in a hurry to get out of there, tough. JMO

I personally don't think the focus should be on DG. I would look more into Winter Petroleum Ltd. since it folded weeks pre-disappearance.

Here is former employee:

"But Marek Kozera — one of eight people who lost their job when Winter Petroleum Ltd. folded weeks ago — said he told investigators “everything” about his former boss and the company’s financial woes."

http://metronews.ca/news/calgary/10...any-went-bankrupt-weeks-before-disappearance/

The reporter using a direct quote on the word "everything" conjures up all sorts of images. In reading the rest of the article however, there was absolutely "nothing" ;) to indicate "anything" ;) suspicious and in fact MK sounds somewhat sympathetic towards AL.

How much longer do you all think it is going to take them to find the missing people and solve this sad case?

The reporter using a direct quote on the word "everything" conjures up all sorts of images. In reading the rest of the article however, there was absolutely "nothing" ;) to indicate "anything" ;) suspicious and in fact MK sounds somewhat sympathetic towards AL.

True, however, the employees may not be the upset ones but a client?

My post is not implying or even suggesting the former employee in this case.

How much longer do you all think it is going to take them to find the missing people and solve this sad case?
Welcome BTW [emoji3] I wish we all knew how soon it would be ... I can't even imagine what that poor family is going through, my heart breaks for them every day. I lost my husband suddenly last year and what kept me going is my kids, I had a health scare with my son recently, I know how hard that was and I don't think it's even minutely close to what they are going through.

True, however, the employees may not be the upset ones but a client?

My post is not implying or even suggesting the former employee in this case.

Yes, but the point I was making was the reporter's use of the direct quote on the word "everything" conveying an impression that AL was possibly a sleazy businessman and there was some dirt to be uncovered. Yes, there may be upset employees as a result of the company bankruptcy, but businesses go belly up all the time .. doesn't necessarily equate to their owners being underhanded.

ETA: I think I've misunderstood part of your post. Don't mind me ... it's 41C where I am today and the trusty box fan bit the dust last nite. I cannot be held responsible for "anything" I say today :floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viki Cowan