GUILTY Canada - Amber Kirwan, 19, New Glasgow, NS, 9 Oct 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ground Search and Rescue teams from outside the county joined in the search for missing teen Amber Kirwan Monday, with the search focusing on the wooded area near her home.

Kirwan lived with her boyfriend, Mason Campbell, in Pictou Landing before her Oct. 9 disappearance.

http://www.ngnews.ca/News/Local/201...ue-teams-comb-woods-in-case-of-missing-teen/1

On Monday, search teams from outside the region – Halifax, Colchester and Springhill – joined Pictou County Ground Search and Rescue to comb through the wooded areas near the Big Gut bridge. A total of 65 searchers, including the RCMP and New Glasgow Police, participated in the effort.

That is a lot of person power for a small area.

“We have numerous tips coming through both on the police line and that have been received through Crime Stoppers,” MacDonald said.

“It is extremely beneficial if the tips come through police or Crime Stoppers.”

He urged people to call police instead of just telling friends about it.

Several “items of interest” have been recovered in the past week. MacDonald said people have called police to report items found on their property and investigators and forensic teams are analyzing them.

http://www.metronews.ca/halifax/local/article/999797--search-still-in-full-force-police

UPDATE: Tues., Oct. 18, 12:41 p.m: NEW GLASGOW – RCMP divers will resume their search of the water near the Big Gut Bridge today in relation to Amber Kirwan’s disappearance.

New Glasgow Police Const. Ken MacDonald says the police will continue following up on other evidence and tips today, but there will be no further ground search teams out on Tuesday.

http://www.ngnews.ca/News/Local/201...ue-teams-comb-woods-in-case-of-missing-teen/1

new detail

just heard on the news that Mason's mother said that Mason was NOT ALONE in the car the night he went to pick up Amber

did anyone else hear this?

Today an RCMP dive team was back in the water near Big Gut Bridge, about a half a kilometer from the apartment where Kirwan lived with her boyfriend MC.

Police are examining his car after seizing it at the weekend. And Campbell's mother scolded the media today saying his son's story isn't being properly told. She says he was not alone in the car when he went to pick up Amber Kirman the night she went missing.

CBC TV News - Halifax - October 18, 2011 (starts around the 08:28 mark) : http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/News/Local_News/NS/1317909223/ID=2156001149

Watched the CBC TV News video (post 184) so if mama is saying MC was not alone when he went to pick up Amber then he either has a firm alibi and/or an accomplice.

MC has been on the news a fair amount and never mentioned anything about anyone being with him when he went to pick up Amber ..... (raising eyebrows).

Not losing hope that Amber will be found - she really needs to be found.

Volunteers caution about bogus donation collectors
October 18, 2011

snipped...

NEW GLASGOW – Volunteers collecting financial donations for Amber Kirwan’s family are cautioning the public to be aware of people trying to take advantage of a tragic situation.

Mariea Leil Bowser, who has been heading the volunteer effort out of the West Side Recreation Centre, said four people have been spotted in Pictou County asking for donations for Kirwan’s family that are not related to their group.

“When it comes to our collection, one person works on our committee that collects the money,” she said. “There is also one account set up at TD Trust for the Kirwan family.”

She added that if these four people are collecting money for the Kirwans, they have not turned any of their donations into her group and are not working with her volunteers.

Kirwan disappeared from downtown New Glasgow Oct. 9. She was last seen walking from Doolys to Big Al’s convenience store to meet her boyfriend Mason Campbell, who said he and a friend with him were unable to find her when they arrived. Hundreds of volunteers have been holding searches, distributing posters and holding public events to bring awareness to her disappearance.

Leil Bowser said two volunteers associated with her group are expected to collect financial donations today at the Highland Square Mall, but there are no other such tables set up in the county.

She said donation boxes with green ribbons have been placed in at least 23 stores and that money will be placed in a bank account for the Kirwan family as well as Amber’s boyfriend.

[more at link]

I really would love to come to this forum and read that Alexis is found safe. :sigh: I want to still hold out hope for Amber to come home safely. My hopes were dashed this morning on a case close to my home. I am terribly sad today.

RCMP continue search for Amber Kirwan in Pictou Landing area

Published on October 19, 2011
PICTOU LANDING – The RCMP Underwater Recovery Team will be back in the Pictou Landing area today, says New Glasgow Police Const. Ken MacDonald.

No ground search and rescue is anticipated today, he added.

The divers have been on the scene for most of the week.

“The reason for it is that this is one of the areas we’re searching as part of the investigation,” MacDonald said. “This area involves water and, because ground search doesn’t go into waterways and there are waterways, tributaries and streams in the area, we have to get the RCMP dive team in.”

Ok, I am very curious about this second person that was supposedly in the car
Has that been stated as fact or just coming from his mother?
I am a bit surprised that a piece of information like that has stayed quiet

And I don't recall the boyfriend ever mentioning a friend being with him, never said we did this or that....

<<snipped>>
The mother of Amber Kirwan's boyfriend has confirmed that police have seized her son's car, which had his keys and cellphone. Kirwan, 19, has been missing for 11 days. Police seized the car belonging to Mason Campbell, on Sunday night through a warrant. Police, however, remain mum on the topic. Eva Campbell, who also lives in Pictou Landing, told media on Tuesday that her son was not alone in the car on the night he was to pick Kirwan up from Dooly's, and that people were still at the apartment he shared with Kirwan. She says her son is distraught. Police continue to say the case is being treated as a missing persons case and will continue to be so unless evidence to the contrary is found. New Glasgow Police Service and the RCMP continue to conduct an integrated investigation into Kirwan's disappearance.
&#8220;The New Glasgow Police Service Major Crime Unit and other investigators have been working diligently around the clock,&#8221; says MacDonald.
He could not comment as to why they chose to expand their search to those specific areas. &#8220;That&#8217;s part of the investigation and I can&#8217;t get into that.&#8221;
MacDonald says the police have been asking for the public&#8217;s assistance since Kirwan was reported missing.
Some articles of clothing were found by officers during their searches near the downtown New Glasgow area, but they must be analyzed by a forensic team.
&#8220;We are analyzing and investigating all calls, tips and information whether it be clothing or anything of relevance to the case,&#8221; says MacDonald. &#8220;And the public has been very helpful; they haven&#8217;t compromised the investigation at all, we are just asking they not go into the woods and if they see something call the police.&#8221;
NGPS has been interviewing anyone connected with Kirwan.
&#8220;We will keep searching until the investigation changes from a missing person to something else,&#8221; says MacDonald.
full article: http://www.pictouadvocate.com/2011/10/19/search-for-kirwan-intensifies/

Ok, I am very curious about this second person that was supposedly in the car
Has that been stated as fact or just coming from his mother?
I am a bit surprised that a piece of information like that has stayed quiet

And I don't recall the boyfriend ever mentioning a friend being with him, never said we did this or that....
For the time being Dushi, that information has only been said and confirmed by his mother. As stated on the article I posted above, the LE is saying nothing at all.
In another site, locals seem to know the identity of said person, and the reason for not identifying that person. I wont repeat it hear because at this point that is hearsay.

If this turns out to be true, I do hope, that MC told LE about him not being alone in the car, the very first day (Sunday) when Amber was reported missing. I seriously don't understand why MC didn't mention this to the reporters when he was interviewed. :confused:

I really would love to come to this forum and read that Alexis is found safe. :sigh: I want to still hold out hope for Amber to come home safely. My hopes were dashed this morning on a case close to my home. I am terribly sad today.

Oh cocomod, I am so sorry that you have had sad news this morning. Let's keep our hopes on Amber.

eleph

For the time being Dushi, that information has only been said and confirmed by his mother. As stated on the article I posted above, the LE is saying nothing at all.
In another site, locals seem to know the identity of said person, and the reason for not identifying that person. I wont repeat it hear because at this point that is hearsay.

If this turns out to be true, I do hope, that MC told LE about him not being alone in the car, the very first day (Sunday) when Amber was reported missing. I seriously don't understand why MC didn't mention this to the reporters when he was interviewed. :confused:

Thank you

And yes, I did read some things on another site.
It just seems to be a big fact to overlook during an interview or talking with the news
This is truly a sad mystery

Watched the CBC TV News video (post 184) so if mama is saying MC was not alone when he went to pick up Amber then he either has a firm alibi and/or an accomplice.

MC has been on the news a fair amount and never mentioned anything about anyone being with him when he went to pick up Amber ..... (raising eyebrows).

Not losing hope that Amber will be found - she really needs to be found.

Perhaps he did tell police initially who he was with and police have asked him not to repeat it to media, since media tends to go a bit wild with assumptions and sensationalism.
eta to add:
Because it has been mentioned with significance as to whom the father of the other person is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove