CANADA Canada - Annemarie Laforest, 43, Toronto, July 2004 (reported missing in 2019)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

dotr

Reaction score

[URL='http://torontopolice.on.ca/newsreleases/45385']

Toronto Police Service[/URL]
Tuesday, October 8, 2019
Missing Persons Unit
416-808-7411
Case #: 2019-596770
The Toronto Police Service's Missing Persons Unit would like to advise the public of a historic missing woman investigation.
Toronto Police Service :: News Release #45385

Annemarie Laforest, 60, was last seen in the in July 2004 in Mississauga, however, in May of 2004 she had been seen in Peterborough. She was not reported missing until 2019, to the Toronto Police Service. Her family had lost contact with her over time due to her living a transient lifestyle.

Police are seeking the public’s assistance in locating her and family members are very concerned about her whereabouts.

She is described as 5'5", 110 lbs., with straight blonde hair, light green eyes and pierced ears. She is bilingual.

Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-7411, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.

The Toronto Police Service Missing Person Unit (MPU) became operational on July 1, 2018. The MPU is a subsection of Homicide and will ensure a consistent process and investigative response for all occurrences of persons missing in the city of Toronto, or on the way to/from the city of Toronto. This includes both newly reported and historic cases of missing persons and unidentified human remains. For more information about the Missing Person Unit, click here.

For more information on this investigation and other similar cases, please visit the National Missing Person website.

15 years and 3 months later?
Yes, that is strange. After all of this time.

Unless years ago, they may have thought that she left on her own, but maybe they found something recently that causes them to believe foul play or kidnapping.

Something I noticed in her second picture- I wonder if she has Grave's Disease? Her eyes are wide. I caught mine in time before that happened to my eyes, but my mother's were a little bit wider than before when she was diagnosed.

Her family is said to have lost contact with her over time due to her transient lifestyle. I wonder what that means exactly, in terms of how long had that transient lifestyle been going on and what was the average length of time between contact or visits?

2004 was a long time ago and back then, everyone didn't have cell phones to more easily stay in touch. Did she normally just show up in person? Call from a payphone using cash or a calling card? Her own landline at wherever she was staying at the time? Hotels? Camping parks?

Hate to ask this but was her transient lifestyle due to drugs or other major life or mental health problems or was she just a person with an adventurous free spirit who never liked to stay in one place for too long? What type of work did she generally do to support her travel adventures?

Unless years ago, they may have thought that she left on her own, but maybe they found something recently that causes them to believe foul play or kidnapping.

Something I noticed in her second picture- I wonder if she has Grave's Disease? Her eyes are wide. I caught mine in time before that happened to my eyes, but my mother's were a little bit wider than before when she was diagnosed.

Nice observation on the difference in eye shape and you seem to be right, her eyes are visibly larger/wider in the 2nd photo, something you wouldn't expect to see as someone ages since eyelids tend to become either more fatty or the skin has less elasticity as one ages causing eyes to often appear smaller not larger. Could it be her expression or medications? I'm off to Google Graves Disease now, as I'm intrigued.

Nice observation on the difference in eye shape and you seem to be right, her eyes are visibly larger/wider in the 2nd photo, something you wouldn't expect to see as someone ages since eyelids tend to become either more fatty or the skin has less elasticity as one ages causing eyes to often appear smaller not larger. Could it be her expression or medications? I'm off to Google Graves Disease now, as I'm intrigued.
I was so paranoid of that happening to me. The symptoms of Grave's is just brutal. I had the worst case of it- mind you, I had several tests done, and the person who ran the test said it was hyperthroidism that was causing my symptoms. My regular doctor was out, and the one who viewed it told me everything was normal- two months later, I was rushed to the hospital where they diagnosed me with the worst case they had ever seen. My eyes got more sensitive afterward and that symptom hasn't gone away, even though I am considered to be in remission. Annemarie's second photo stood out to me. I wonder if she had it before she took off or went missing?

Perhaps you should call the tip line with this information. It might be helpful. I had never heard of Grave's Disease and perhaps the police have not either.

I wonder when the first photo was taken vs the 2nd.
The first photo she looks visibly younger and has the blonde hair referenced in her physical description. The second photo (which seems more recent) although she has highlights, it's far from what I would describe as "straight BLONDE hair"

The 2nd photo reminds me of a passport photo. Is that what it is?

Never mind. I just read that she was 60 years old when she disappeared. She'd be 75 now!

I don’t think she was 60 when she disappeared but rather that she would be sixty now. This article has here as 43/44 years old when last seen.

Case View – Ontario's Missing Adults

She looks well groomed and dressed in those pictures . I wonder if she was working and if so where?
Is she originally from the Toronto region or did she end of there for work? ( as many bilingual Quebecers including myself do).

I don’t think she was 60 when she disappeared but rather that she would be sixty now. This article has here as 43/44 years old when last seen.

Case View – Ontario's Missing Adults

She looks well groomed and dressed in those pictures . I wonder if she was working and if so where?
Is she originally from the Toronto region or did she end of there for work? ( as many bilingual Quebecers including myself do).
Thanks. I totally misread that!

I posted in my comment above (before I edited it) that I looked at a couple of women going by her name on FB. One does look similar and around her age, from Montreal.

Was she ever married? This one appears to be, and I am not sure if that's her husband's last name or her own?

Perhaps you should call the tip line with this information. It might be helpful. I had never heard of Grave's Disease and perhaps the police have not either.
The eyes are definitely looking as if she has Graves. It's quite a distinguished look to them as the disease progresses.

I'm just wondering who reported her missing, after all of this time?

Are they maybe looking for her because she may have an inheritance coming and they're trying to find her?

Do they think she went missing after committing a crime?

Or do they think that something bad happened to her? Did they find any evidence that she may have met with foul play?

I gave police the photo of the UID and they're looking into it.

Too old to be the holt road female. Why would you suggest this when the top age is 15 years younger? Skeletal age is very precise compare to "guessed" ages on decomposed remains.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck
Back