Canada - Arson Investigation, Woodbine/Danforth Aves area, images released, Toronto, 11 Jul 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

dotr

Reaction score

Toronto Police Service
Toronto Police Service
Toronto Police Service :: News Release #47655
''Case #: 2020-9018089
The Toronto Police Service is requesting the public's assistance with an arson investigation.

On Saturday, July 11, 2020, in the early morning hours, police responded to a call for a fire in the Woodbine Avenue and Danforth Avenue area.

It is reported that:

- a man entered a rear lane-way

- he proceeded to light a large piece of cardboard on fire

- he then placed the burning cardboard against a garage door

- he then left the area on foot

The suspect is described as black, 20-40, 5'7" to 6', slim build, with short hair and short beard. He was wearing a light coloured t-shirt, light coloured pants and black running shoes.''

Toronto Police Service
Aug 7 2020 rbbm.
Toronto Police Service :: News Release #47769
Case #: 2020-9018089
The Toronto Police Service is requesting the public's assistance with an arson investigation.

On Saturday, July 11, 2020, in the early morning hours, police responded to a call for a fire in the Woodbine Avenue and Danforth Avenue area.

See previous release.

It is further alleged that the same man was in the Woodbine Avenue and Danforth Avenue again:

- on Monday, July 20, 2020, he was seen peeling the decal off the front window of a building before leaving the area on foot

- on Wednesday, July 22, 2020, he was seen peeling the decal off the front window of a building before leaving the area on foot

- on Monday, August 3, 2020, at 2:55 a.m., he approached the dumpsters at the rear of the address and used an object to light the dumpster on fire before leaving the area on foot

- on Wednesday, August 5, 2020, at 5:20 p.m., he took a lighter out of his pocket and set garbage on fire before leaving the area on foot

<modsnip>
1. Three counts of Arson
2. Two counts of Mischief Under
He is described as 6’, 210 lbs., with a slim build, brown eyes, short hair and a short beard. He is known to frequent Moss Park. If you know of his whereabouts, please contact police.

Last edited by a moderator:
what does that mean? now they think he didn't do it?
sure looks like him in the pics
I swear there's another thread about this case but I don't have time to look right now
Also thought there was another thread for this case, will post if i find it, although there have been several fairly recent arson activity Toronto, could be one of those, imo. (These are the ones that i could find where there has not been an arrest )afaik.
Ws threads..
Toronto, Arson Investigation, Queen Street West and Shaw Street, Video released, 5 July 2020

Canada - Female suspect wanted in arson at Toronto hotel housing refugees, 2 Oct. 2018

Canada - LE seek help to identify arson suspect

Last edited:
what does that mean? now they think he didn't do it?
sure looks like him in the pics
I swear there's another thread about this case but I don't have time to look right now

They are now looking for someone else. He doesn't look anything like the arsonist, IMO. The arsonist looks more like Lionel Richie than <modsnip> . LE should make it clear that <modsnip> is NOT the person they are looking for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if or how this arson is connected to the others, lost track because it seems like there have been many in recent years, imo, speculation.
Toronto Police Service :: News Release #48114

Toronto Police Service
Sept 21 2020
''Case #: 2020-1783228
The Toronto Police Service is requesting the public’s assistance with an Arson investigation.

On Sunday, September 20, 2020, at approximately 6:30 a.m., police responded to a fire in the Front Street and George Street area.

It is reported that:

- a fire was started in the stairwell of a building

- a person was seen fleeing the scene before police arrived

- no one was injured.

Jahmal Hinds, 35, of Toronto is wanted for:

1. Arson causing property damage
2. Common Nuisance
3. Mischief over $5,000
4. Four counts of Fail to Comply Probation

He is described as 5’10, 150 lbs., with black hair and brown eyes.''

Staff online

Members online