CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't have to do with the murder, but I thought of Audrey: maybe she was an adopted child and at some point didn't come clear with her (not biological) mother?

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2120526-should-the-public-be-vigilant-yes-say-cops/

Police have not called the man a suspect in the homicide. Or even a person of interest.

There are, however, really just three possibilities.

Either police believe they already have their man in custody and are awaiting forensic results to lay a murder charge.

Or there is a killer on the loose and police need the forensic results to eliminate the man in custody and search for the right person.

Or there are other suspects on the loose.

Police have never said how many people they are looking for.

Thanks for trying, FG. I recall that a hacksaw was a possibility, but it was never established for sure what the item was. It's the actual picture of LE bagging the item that I am interested in.

I remember that shot - as part of a video rather than a still pic. A vry early vid - likely not available now.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2120526-should-the-public-be-vigilant-yes-say-cops/

Police have not called the man a suspect in the homicide. Or even a person of interest.

There are, however, really just three possibilities.

Either police believe they already have their man in custody and are awaiting forensic results to lay a murder charge.

Or there is a killer on the loose and police need the forensic results to eliminate the man in custody and search for the right person.

Or there are other suspects on the loose.

Police have never said how many people they are looking for.

With a previous arrest in this case, that fell through, the bar will be extremely high for the correct arrest. Imo, the culprit(s) is/are very much on LE's radar - a big defense point will be reasonable doubt in that someone else had been arrested previously. There is an article here somewhere that states, paraphrasing, a trial in this case will constitute exonerating the first person as much as trying to convict another person.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/5809219-who-killed-audrey-gleave-/

He says police focused on apparent inconsistencies in his recollection of events, but the shock of seeing his friend's body, and the passage of time, blurred many details for him.

At one point, he said he had carried the cake for Gleave into the garage where he discovered the body, but later said he had left the domed-lid Tupperware in his car the whole time. He's now convinced he must have left the cake in the car.

After he was interviewed by police at the scene of the homicide he drove home and along with Alex ate the cake — a "Texas stollen" cinnamon and raisin coffee ring cake.

He arrives only to bring a cake as a present.
He leaves the cake in his car though it's a present for Christmas.
He is shocked of seeing his friend's body (much blood, open eyes, twisted body/legs, torn pants) but afterwards eats the very last present which was for his gruesome murdered friend? :gaah:

Putting that in the public domain would cause extreme anxiety and pressure in my life FG.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/5809219-who-killed-audrey-gleave-/

He says police focused on apparent inconsistencies in his recollection of events, but the shock of seeing his friend's body, and the passage of time, blurred many details for him.

At one point, he said he had carried the cake for Gleave into the garage where he discovered the body, but later said he had left the domed-lid Tupperware in his car the whole time. He's now convinced he must have left the cake in the car.

After he was interviewed by police at the scene of the homicide he drove home and along with Alex ate the cake — a "Texas stollen" cinnamon and raisin coffee ring cake.

He arrives only to bring a cake as a present.
He leaves the cake in his car though it's a present for Christmas.
He is shocked of seeing his friend's body (much blood, open eyes, twisted body/legs, torn pants) but afterwards eats the very last present which was for his gruesome murdered friend? :gaah:
I also found the comment about the cake odd and in my opinion telling.

Here is the link to the video that contains the footage of the 'miniature saw'.

http://www.chch.com/police-search-continues-for-audrey-gleaves-killer/

I tried to grab a screen shot from the video but it's not the clearest:

81a40ffa62e1752d95b04afc1d1ee5e5.jpg

Posting from my phone so apologies for any technical glitches [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for finding that Paragirl. :tyou:

Could the miniature saw be similar to one like this?

DcqyT26.jpg

link

We have thought about "Amazing Grace" and the songtext re a possible code of the perp. What about the songtext for "Come hell or high water" as a code also (Audrey's email)? It's easy for me to interpret a sense behind ...

COME HELL OR HIGH WATER SONGTEXT

Come hell or high water
We shall rise again
Nobody to stop us
We'll be here till the end (we'll rise again)

Come hell or high water
We shall rise again

Come hell or high water
We shall rise again
Nobody to stop us
We'll be here till the end (we'll rise again)

Come hell or high water
We shall rise again (we'll rise again)
Come hell or high water
We'll be here till the end

Maybe the mail marked the beginning of something and tells it would take as much time as till the irrevocable end.
??
One could ask: who did read the email when it was sent to PK's account ...?

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2215939-who-is-audrey-gleave/

Monday, Dec. 27, 2010, 10:46 a.m.

Subject: report

By Sunday the weakness was disappearing but still there. And would you believe that this morning I got a secondary infection; runny nose, runny eyes, sneezing. But at least I don’t feel weak so don’t think I’ve a fever. I’m just annoyed with it. Hope it gets better because I intend to have coffee Wed. come hell or high water. I’ve got cabin fever. Lynne is coming over with soup in a few minutes.

Bary

I find it odd, when a very tough woman like Audrey who is used to be alone (ill or healthy) for 37 years, tells a young man (ca 51ys her junior) in length about her runny nose. I can't imagine she told this.
Yes, there is a problem with telling about the delivery of the soup then. Maybe the delivery had just happened before the email? Perhaps because of that the wording: is coming over "in a few minutes"?

I would be interested to know from the pathologist, whether Audrey had indeed a "secondary infection". If she was murdered that day 27.12., an infection would be recognized on 30.12. yet?

Audrey had promised to her Ex she would never ever sell the property and the house.
Why did she? Why did she fulfill his wish though he had cheated on her and left her?
Why was there no contract that he would inherit the house, if Audrey wouldn't marry and wouldn't have a child?
Why said her "Last Will" that LV would become the sole heritage? LV herself was surprised about the decision.
Why didn't she mention PK as a heritage too? There was enough for two friends. What had happened that Audrey took this decision?
Why did PK mention talks between Audrey and him about her demise? Had they indeed talks? Did she give him an explanation, why he wouldn't inherit? (Not an easy or nice conversation, I would think.)

<modsnip>

Why did DC, the vet, not allow to scatter the ashes of his best friend Audrey secretly on the pet cemetry? It would have been very easy for him, I think. "Murder remains" not in his reach, why?

I will stop here. There are more questions next time.

Thanks for bringing the text/time of the final e-mail sent from AG's computer - and all very interesting questions.

Recently watched a very good British crime drama," Broad Church" that reminded me somewhat of Audrey's case, in that a mysterious death occurs,a local "oddball" among many others, are suspect.
Everyone seems to have a secret, or rather, understandably something they would prefer to be kept private.
The little white lies told by many concerning timing of events, to conceal for example, a quick meeting for a fling, or some past humiliation, interferes with the police investigation.

fwiw, imo.

Recently watched a very good British crime drama," Broad Church" that reminded me somewhat of Audrey's case, in that a mysterious death occurs,a local "oddball" among many others, are suspect.
Everyone seems to have a secret, or rather, understandably something they would prefer to be kept private.
The little white lies told by many concerning timing of events, to conceal for example, a quick meeting for a fling, or some past humiliation, interferes with the police investigation.

fwiw, imo.

Was the case still cleared? May we hope?? :)

Thanks for finding that Paragirl. :tyou:

No problem SB. Like everyone else, I am so glad to see Audrey's thread reopened, and all of us still here for her!

Treading very carefully...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In thinking about this case, after such a long break from it, I've started to wonder how much Audrey valued integrity in others. It's been said she didn't tolerate fools. Her and PK connected on an intellectual and almost mother/son-professor/student level. That's one relationship I can understand. But what if AG was confronted with something that she just couldn't tolerate? Had she witnessed someone doing something that she couldn't tolerate? Had someone forged a cheque on her bank account? Was someone having an affair? I'm wondering if AG had offered her advise to someone to come clean on something or if someone thought that AG had seen something and it was easier to kill her than ever be exposed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth