Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll try to explain what I imagine they mean. Imagine wearing a jacket, zipped or snapped part way to the neck. Now imagine taking hold of the collar, hood or shoulders and pulling it back and downward. Now roll it down more and it slides/rolls down the arms. Rolling down from the shoulders, not rolling up from the wrists.

Like a makeshift straightjacket.

I know people think I'm crazy...but this was definitely a murder - hush kill by someone who has the means to do it easily and disappear.

It sends a message

You can't. You can't do much with a jacket around your arms.

Dig into this guys past, his connections. You will find this was to shut him up, I would bet my life it has something to do with child trafficking.

But you're just inventing this, making it up in your imagination. No facts, no evidence, no relationship to reality. Who are these child trafficking hush killers? Or the Clinton suicide fixers. The Big Pharma death squads.

You might as well just say it was a spaceship landed on the roof and the Martians used their special powers to pass through walls. Or a witch came down the chimney and used a magic spell to hypnotize them.

But wouldn't people have their sleeves rolled down in Canada in winter?

I think we need a picture. I do not think this means that the sleeves were down instead of being pushed up. This is something else.

Any ideas?

I'll try to explain what I imagine they mean. Imagine wearing a jacket, zipped or snapped part way to the neck. Now imagine taking hold of the collar, hood or shoulders and pulling it back and downward. Now roll it down more and it slides/rolls down the arms. Rolling down from the shoulders, not rolling up from the wrists.

Yes. And rolled down would tighten things up.

Seems like a very litigious kind of person, almost greedy. From all I've read about the guy, he doesn't seem like a very nice person. Even his business, stealing recipes for other companies drugs and selling them cheaper. Really just seems like a bit of a dick in my opinion.

Think about the epi pen scandal. Fortunately a company is selling it for far cheaper

Yes. My kid takes her coat off by pulling it and the sleeves turn inside out. If I grabbed her coat from the back and tried pulling it off from behind, the coat would do this around her arms.

Okay, now I'm picturing how this might look. Makes me claustrophobic just thinking about being restrained like that.

jmo

Wasn't the railing at the pool where the couple were said to be hung from, only about 36" or maybe 41" or in that range? So to be hanging from that, wouldn't that mean their bodies were half-submersed in the pool water? And if they were 'hung' that way, there is a ledge at the 36-41" mark that their legs could have kept grabbing on to.. so.. how does one hang anyone, whether another or oneself, from a railing so low, or am I misunderstanding the railing part?

I don't want to speak badly about the victim, but I'm getting the same impression. Quite the philanthropic guy, but I take that will a grain of salt. He really doesn't sound like a peach, IMO.

He provided millions to the cousins. His patience was over with them. Just throwing money down the toilet

Instead of gold toilets and tons of fancy cars, he gave his money away.

I am quoting this post but cringe at the poor choice of words considering the CS.I read this post early in the thread. I didn't really think too much about it. But after reading the Fortune Maginze article from 1999~I don't know?Could he have ____ ?

Ann Brocklehurst Retweeted

Steve Paikin‏Verified account
@spaikin
21h21 hours ago
More Steve Paikin Retweeted Lorrie Goldstein
I have heard from a trusted source that an alleged law enforcement investigation was closing in on the Shermans, "and the noose was tightening." Might be a potential explanation for a possible murder-suicide. #Sherman

Hoping this tweet is allowed because Ann Brocklehurst retweeted....

Last night I read this Fortune Magazine dated 1999.I now more than ever suspect Barry knew there was freight train coming towards him with 'LE Investigation' boldly written on the side.Perhaps he just ____?This is just my opinion.

Drug Spies Piracy is the pharmaceutical industry's dirty little secret; fighting back has become its dirty little war. With the stakes this high, there are no rules, no conventions. But that doesn't mean there haven't been prisoners.
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Bold]By Richard Behar[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]http://archive.fortune.com/magazines/fortune/fortune_archive/1999/09/06/265303/index.htm?src=longreads[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]<snip>[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]But litigating isn't Sherman's only talent. In 1995 he was nailed for importing a generic version of Prozac--the antidepression cure-all patented by Lilly--directly to U.S. customers through a mail-order system involving a Bahamian front company. The scheme was done without FDA approval and led to Apotex's signing a plea agreement with the feds. By that time, other drug companies had come forward with similar complaints about Sherman. The word was that Sherman was knocking off ciprofloxacin, Bayer's antibiotic, in Mexico, as well as Merck's cholesterol-reducing lovostatin, in China. "Sherman was a thorn in the side for most multinationals, and Smith was prepared to do anything to bring about his demise," says Flack. "Sherman would tie up the multinationals for years in litigation, while he was carrying on producing drugs and making millions. Smith had been chasing him for years. He hated Sherman. Sherman was like Adolf Hitler to him."[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]Sherman, pointing to his $80 million R&D budget, denies violating any patents. But Smith, acting on Bayer's behalf, was certainly convinced: "Smith wanted us to infiltrate the company," says Whybrow, "put a half kilo of coke in [Sherman's] trunk, and get him stopped by a police contact we have [in Canada]." Flack says that another option Smith suggested was setting Sherman up in a sex sting with an underage partner. Smith tells FORTUNE that if he made any of these comments, it was in the context of "joking over a pint of beer." But Flack says his boss was "deadly serious" and "desperate," and that he and Whybrow were fully prepared to carry out the frame-ups. "I was well paid by Bayer to seek out Barry Sherman's demise," says Flack, "and if that's what it took, then so be it."[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]<snip

:cow:[/FONT][/FONT]

I think we need a picture. I do not think this means that the sleeves were down instead of being pushed up. This is something else.

Any ideas?
Everybody put a jacket on, pull the neckline down past your shoulders, then see how high you can zip it before your arms are constricted. Don't roll anything, don't zip it first. Not an exact replica but hopefully you get the idea.

I do this (without zipping) when I am wearing a jacket and get too warm but don't want to take my jacket completely off or hold it.

Hope that helps.

Given the business he was in, philanthropy was likely just a cost of doing business. Given that he said something to the effect of "he'd rather die than go to another benefit", it tells me that he really didn't enjoy that aspect of his life.

Benefits, Where people wear their fancy designer clothes, eat crappy food and everyone brags about how great they are and how much money they make.

He sounds like he is a genius and talk like that probably gets old old old

Wasn't the railing at the pool where the couple were said to be hung from, only about 36" or maybe 41" or in that range? So to be hanging from that, wouldn't that mean their bodies were half-submersed in the pool water? And if they were 'hung' that way, there is a ledge at the 36-41" mark that their legs could have kept grabbing on to.. so.. how does one hang anyone, whether another or oneself, from a railing so low, or am I misunderstanding the railing part?

There are several posts discussing partial hanging. It's not the height that matters. It's that the head is lower than, in this case, the railing, that there is enough compression on the neck to cause loss of consciousness (achieved by leaning into the part of the ligature around the neck), and then the weight of the head in an unconscious state continues to compress, leading to death.

It is entirely possible to hang yourself from something as low as a doorknob in a sitting position by leaning forward. No need to jump into the pool.

It is entirely possible to hang yourself from something as low as a doorknob in a sitting position by leaning forward. No need to jump into the pool.

But if you are not wanting to be hung, then, how would it be explained?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissa D.