Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read most, but not all, of this thread and apologize in advance if this has been raised already. If Barry strangled Honey there would likely be physical signs of this - for example his skin under her nails, scratches on his face, or even her own scratching of her neck as she tried to get out of his grip. Their physical state will tell a lot in terms of a struggle.

Thank you. :) It was my Mom. :( A professional noose was used and it was declared a suicide even though I know she didn't commit suicide. Somebody (I have a good idea who) got away with murder. He has since passed away.
What a horrible way to lose anybody you love, especially your mama. So sorry to hear this.[emoji170]

I'll try to explain what I imagine they mean. Imagine wearing a jacket, zipped or snapped part way to the neck. Now imagine taking hold of the collar, hood or shoulders and pulling it back and downward. Now roll it down more and it slides/rolls down the arms. Rolling down from the shoulders, not rolling up from the wrists.

Can't seem to visualize this atm ... "Both had on jackets that were pulled “behind their backs” and rolled down over their arms."
Is the arm part pulled behind them and the back part of the jacket on their arms?

See the first quote for an explanation. :)

What a horrible way to lose anybody you love, especially your mama. So sorry to hear this.[emoji170]

Thank you. :) My heart breaks for the Real Estate Agent that found these two. I hope s/he is able to recover from this without any long-term effects.

I've read most, but not all, of this thread and apologize in advance if this has been raised already. If Barry strangled Honey there would likely be physical signs of this - for example his skin under her nails, scratches on his face, or even her own scratching of her neck as she tried to get out of his grip. Their physical state will tell a lot in terms of a struggle.

Unless she was sedated well enough. LE may know all those things too, but it would take time to test.

If double murder, why this method? Why not in a bloody, violent way if this is about revenge? Why hang them by the pool and not drown them? If this is a message, what is it and why not actually leave a message with the bodies?

It could be an effort to make a double murder look like a murder- suicide, shame and distress the remaining family, and get away with it, if it is revenge. If it is criminal business of some sort, then it is a hit ordered in such a manner as to try and make it look like a murder- suicide so that LE will not look for the real killers, and those who ordered the hit. The Shermans are very rich and influential. LE will have to investigate. They cannot do a superficial investigation, and wrongly close the case, or refuse to investigate as they did in the recent murder cases of Wayne Millard ( stated wrongly to be a suicide ) and Laura Babcock, ( stated wrongly to be missing, and not murdered). Tim Bosma was later murdered by the same demonic pair of serial killers who murdered LB. One of them, WM's own son likely shot him. The trial is in March. Sometimes unfortunately, because they are so busy, LE just wants to quickly close a case and move on. I hope the Sherman family does not allow that to happen, and there really is a detailed and diligent investigation by the homicide detectives. Whatever happened, my sympathies to the Sherman family for their great loss. IMO

:loveyou:

Sure, we can feel it, but we don’t have to let it turn us into “elderly” people and have it define our age as “advanced,” especially by other people. My 73 year old husband is very active. He even has a plaque in his “man cave” that says “I can’t adult today.” :) I’m almost 72 and despite aches and pains I don’t consider my age “advanced.” We are the “forever young” generation and don’t anybody forget it! :D

:loveyou:

Well, we don’t know for sure that age didn’t factor in with them, but it’s certainly not a given just because of their age. Thanks for making that clear. I just felt too old and decrepit to reply to that post. :floorlaugh:

My almost-87-year-old mother walks six miles a day and has mowed up to 4 lawns at a time during the summer. Her own yard is nearly an acre and she does all the maintenance herself, except she gets a friend to help her with the backyard leaves and pays someone else to aerate and overseed. I’m almost 55 and can’t keep up with her.

This guy was still working 7 days/week so I’m guessing he was in pretty good shape.

It could be an effort to make a double murder look like a murder- suicide, shame and distress the remaining family, and get away with it, if it is revenge. If it is criminal business of some sort, then it is a hit ordered in such a manner as to try and make it look like a murder- suicide so that LE will not look for the real killers, and those who ordered the hit. The Shermans are very rich and influential. LE will have to investigate. They cannot do a superficial investigation, and wrongly close the case, or refuse to investigate as they did in the recent murder cases of Wayne Millard ( stated wrongly to be a suicide ) and Laura Babcock, ( stated wrongly to be missing, and not murdered). Tim Bosma was later murdered by the same demonic pair of serial killers who murdered LB. One of them, WM's own son likely shot him. The trial is in March. Sometimes unfortunately, because they are so busy, LE just wants to quickly close a case and move on. I hope the Sherman family does not allow that to happen, and there really is a detailed and diligent investigation by the homicide detectives. Whatever happened, my sympathies to the Sherman family for their great loss. IMO

I certainly hope TPS gets it right this time. I have little faith in them after the cases you cited.

My almost-87-year-old mother walks six miles a day and has mowed up to 4 lawns at a time during the summer. Her own yard is nearly an acre and she does all the maintenance herself, except she gets a friend to help her with the backyard leaves and pays someone else to aerate and overseed. I’m almost 55 and can’t keep up with her.

This guy was still working 7 days/week so I’m guessing he was in pretty good shape.

Yay for your mom!

I have faith in the police. They are trained to "think dirty." If they are thinking murder-suicide right away, there must be a reason. Maybe they have seen this type of hanging and jacket binding before. JMO

@KenWhyte3
as soon as i criticized coverage of sherman story yesterday, i began hearing that there has been interference by some media owners with coverage of the story

@KenWhyte3
Replying to @HeerJeet
we don't know how they died and I'm relaying that I've been told by a couple of sources that pursuit of story has been discouraged, which isn't a cover-up but is still worrisome

^
this is from a former National Post editor which I found interesting.

Good point I've also wondered if the cousins were so desperate and knew that they exhausted their options with Barry and Honey that they figured they would kill Barry and Honey out of revenge and try and squeeze some kind of settlement out of the Sherman children? However, it's hard to see how the children wouldn't want to carry on their parents' wishes, i.e. not one more penny to the cousins.

When the police seemed quick to close this as a murder-suicide instead of a proper investigation, the children may have had good reason to worry that they would be next to be found in a staged suicide.

I have faith in the police. They are trained to "think dirty." If they are thinking murder-suicide right away, there must be a reason. Maybe they have seen this type of hanging and jacket binding before. JMO

agree they think dirty, but I'm thinking more along the lines of saying murder-suicide so the murderer thinks he's gotten away with it.

I hope you are right Matou. One good thing is that homicide detectives, not just officers, or detectives are working on this one. The lead detective is a woman with an impressive record. There is a story about her in The Toronto Star :

https://www.thestar.com/news/crime/...ord-of-high-profile-death-investigations.html

IMO

Seems like a very litigious kind of person, almost greedy. From all I've read about the guy, he doesn't seem like a very nice person. Even his business, stealing recipes for other companies drugs and selling them cheaper. Really just seems like a bit of a dick in my opinion.

I don’t disagree with you, but doesn’t that beg the question of why he would stage these deaths in a house on the market if it was a murder-suicide? He seems like the kind of person who would want to protect the value of the house for his heirs.

Hello All, I am very new, first post. Who/what is LE? Just wanted to say that many years ago, I worked for a drug company in a minor capacity and on day one was asked to sign a No Sell/No Tell Confidentiality agreement as Industrial Espionage was a huge problem. That was in the mid 1980s, when generic drugs were just starting up.

Hello All, I am very new, first post. Who/what is LE? Just wanted to say that many years ago, I worked for a drug company in a minor capacity and on day one was asked to sign a No Sell/No Tell Confidentiality agreement as Industrial Espionage was a huge problem. That was in the mid 1980s, when generic drugs were just starting up.

LE = Law Enforcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member