Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After he was fired, JK stopped being a trustee? I knew he hadn’t participated in trustee meetings or votes, but that’s shocking.

IMO, that may have been the goal in firing him.

If this isn’t a coup, I’ll eat my toaster.

I know that's what he says, but it's unclear whether jk just doesn't participate, or he was formally kicked out as a trustee. If possibly the latter, I guess it would depend on the powers of the trustees as set out in the trust agreement or similar documents

Also from this interview - I think it is unfair to state that "it 'seemed' like Barry liked other peoples' children more than his own children" - he was talking about that BS would ask adult children of his friends if *they* wanted to come and run the company, but that he didn't 'see' that in his own children. From what we've read in the past, none of his children were in the slightest bit interested in running, or otherwise having anything to do with that business. I'm sure BS simply wanted someone, anyone, (known to him) that could take it over with interest, ambition, intelligence, etc. After what he built, I'm sure he would hate to see it just be sold to the highest bidder and merged in with some other company. jmo

Starting around 16:20
sorry starting around 17:20

I suspect BS also knew his children were likely not in the least way competent to take over the business. MOO

i haven't seen Donovan's exact comments but having read the book i think it is a starkly obvious comment.

great relationship with other people's kids, both young and grown-up.... not-so-great relationship with his own kids (although it's more stated than expanded upon in book)

financially he was great with both his own and others' kids (and helping other people's kids financially is amazing).

interpersonally, he was great with other people's kids.......... but his own kids rightfully require 100x the time and attention of others. and he didn't give it (it seems). if he could have had dinner with his young kids once a month and play with them at that time, everything would have been fantastic. but your own young kids need your time and attention every day of the year. and many hours a day with 4 children.

anyway, if you read the book, it's an obvious comment. one of the 3-4 obvious things from the book that i didn't know beforehand.

it's also a bit bizarre that he's telling his BF son to come work at Apotex and you can run it when i retire (or something to that effect)....... barry is a workaholic, achiever but doesn't seem to understand things need to be earned. of course, maybe he just shouldn't say stuff like that.

now that i read my original comment. BS was i think good to his own kids as adults. the whole thing is he was amazing "uncle" to JU's kids when they were young, but then the time commitment is far far less. and no need for consistency in dealing with them................ if somehow donovan and phrase "liked other kids better" was made, it's a bit too free-wheeling wording for my liking.

as per brewery vs. apotex, my guess is JS wants to do his own thing, but with dad's financial help. my sense is kids like that are either drawn strongly to the business (trump's sons) or want to do something else (maybe JS and many others)

I suspect BS also knew his children were likely not in the least way competent to take over the business. MOO
Yes for sure, but if during their (or one of their) adulthoods, one or more had expressed and shown interest, I'm sure he would've trained them and taught them, etc., so he could even see if they could become competent enough over tme, etc., but that never happened (the interest or the desire to come in and work as an employee and learn the ropes).

Yes for sure, but if during their (or one of their) adulthoods, one or more had expressed and shown interest, I'm sure he would've trained them and taught them, etc., so he could even see if they could become competent enough over tme, etc., but that never happened (the interest or the desire to come in and work as an employee and learn the ropes).

Why would they want to? They had lots of money, and I am certain that none of them were competent enough, even with training. Js evidently requested that he and his business partner be involved in the succession planning at apotex. BS was a very smart man, and he rejected these overtures for good reason imo.

Why would they want to? They had lots of money, and I am certain that none of them were competent enough, even with training. Js evidently requested that he and his business partner be involved in the succession planning at apotex. BS was a very smart man, and he rejected these overtures for good reason imo.
I haven't got very far in the book yet.. so don't really know about BS rejecting those overtures.. but yes, I'm sure any rejection was for good reason, and further, if kids hadn't wanted to be involved at all and had no interest in the business, then why would they be competent or knowledgeable enough to be involved in the succession planning. I'm more saying that if, when the kids were younger adults, had they expressed interest in the business, I'm sure BS would have gladly taught them the ropes - some people actually *like* and enjoy working, and their 'jobs' and businesses.

In regard to BS rejecting overtures from his son and his son's partner from involvement in succession planning, that is interesting. After hearing of the previous issue with J trying to control how B spent money and such, and if not appropriate in J's mind he would make accusations about his dad's loss of competence, it is certainly not surprising. Makes me wonder if B had any premonitions and weird vibes ahead of time. Perhaps never to be discussed with anyone at all, ever (lest he be thought to be losing his marbles or something?).

It seemed from MSM reports about these past emails and such, that one of the close relatives may have been quite controlling, and then manipulative if one didn't get their way, etc. I imagine that type of thing wouldn't be welcomed in any discussions surrounding succession planning. imo.

I feel that with all the info and background info that has been published in recent months that some websleuthers, including me, may be reaching a consensus as to who the most likely suspect(s)in these crimes is/are.
And despite my reservations about the TPS, I must admit that I am getting an increasing sense somehow, based on what Kd has unearthed in his court proceedings, that the TPS actually do have one or more individuals that they are focusing on.
Do others share these feelings/thoughts?

I feel that with all the info and background info that has been published in recent months that some websleuthers, including me, may be reaching a consensus as to who the most likely suspect(s)in these crimes is/are.
And despite my reservations about the TPS, I must admit that I am getting an increasing sense somehow, based on what Kd has unearthed in his court proceedings, that the TPS actually do have one or more individuals that they are focusing on.

Absolutely! I also think KD dropped enough hints to make it clear who he thinks they are, as much as he can without risking legal repercussions.

Definitely not. KD is an opportunist, cashing in on a sensational story that has no ending. He obviously gets none of his info from LE, so where is it coming from? How accurate is it?

I am still confused about how there came to be the 'pool of blood' near HS's body in the pool area where she was found. We'd previously discussed how her facial injury had been reported as 'scratches' or something (cuts on her lip and nose as per article below) that sounded very minor and not enough to have caused a pool of blood. In the book, it says 'abrasions', which also sounds minor, and like it was not enough to have caused a pool of blood. We are apparently not talking about some drops of blood, but rather, a 'pool' of blood, as per MSM. So what is causing this 'pool'? Methinks there remains much we are not being told.

"Whereas Barry Sherman had no evidence of violence on his face, Honey Sherman did. She had a fresh injury to the face, where there were abrasions but no bruising, an indication that she had died immediately after being struck, or she was struck after she died, because bruises need blood circulation to form. Pickup could not tell how the injury occurred. She could have been struck with a blunt object or been thrown to the ground, or, as some speculated, her face could have been injured when her body was taken downstairs to the pool room."
Kevin Donovan, The Billionaire Murders
https://www.amazon.com/Billionaire-Murders-Mysterious-Deaths-Sherman/dp/0735237034

She had cuts on her lip and nose, and was sitting in a pool of her own blood when she was discovered. However, there was comparatively little blood apparent on her upper-body clothing, suggesting that she had been face-down on the tile, bleeding, for some time before being bound to the handrail in an upright position, the source said.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toro...rivate-investigators-believe-source-1.4496686

I am still confused about how there came to be the 'pool of blood' near HS's body in the pool area where she was found. We'd previously discussed how her facial injury had been reported as 'scratches' or something (cuts on her lip and nose as per article below) that sounded very minor and not enough to have caused a pool of blood. In the book, it says 'abrasions', which also sounds minor, and like it was not enough to have caused a pool of blood. We are apparently not talking about some drops of blood, but rather, a 'pool' of blood, as per MSM. So what is causing this 'pool'? Methinks there remains much we are not being told.

"Whereas Barry Sherman had no evidence of violence on his face, Honey Sherman did. She had a fresh injury to the face, where there were abrasions but no bruising, an indication that she had died immediately after being struck, or she was struck after she died, because bruises need blood circulation to form. Pickup could not tell how the injury occurred. She could have been struck with a blunt object or been thrown to the ground, or, as some speculated, her face could have been injured when her body was taken downstairs to the pool room."
https://www.amazon.com/Billionaire-Murders-Mysterious-Deaths-Sherman/dp/0735237034

She had cuts on her lip and nose, and was sitting in a pool of her own blood when she was discovered. However, there was comparatively little blood apparent on her upper-body clothing, suggesting that she had been face-down on the tile, bleeding, for some time before being bound to the handrail in an upright position, the source said.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toro...rivate-investigators-believe-source-1.4496686

Three thoughts (sorry to be morbid):
1) There were rumors circulating that her injuries were not only on her face but also in her mouth. I won't get more graphic, and I and others have posted about this before. This would have caused alot of blood loss.
2) what if she initially had been attached upside down from the railing, from for example her ankles? Blood would have pooled on the floor, and not on her clothing. And she was later moved to a sitting position (perhaps unlikely but possible)
3) she was lying face down on the floor before being attached to the railing with the belt around her neck. If the cuts were sufficient, or if her nose broken when she was pushed or thrown or dropped to the floor there could be significant blood.
All just speculation on my part

Definitely not. KD is an opportunist, cashing in on a sensational story that has no ending. He obviously gets none of his info from LE, so where is it coming from? How accurate is it?

LE are sources for journalists. They’ll go off the record or simply drop clues.

While on a court break, Det. Yim made a non sequitur to Donovan about JS purchasing a large storage facility in the east end.

My guess is that’s what lead Donovan to investigate Green storage more closely and discover the large mortgages attached to them financed by Hour Holdings-which BS funded.

One purchase was made weeks after JK was fired. I think it’s significant because it had been a point of contention between JS and BS in an email exchange. BS asked him to seek a traditional mortgage from one of the large banks.

upload_2019-11-8_11-34-22.jpeg

A female "sitting" on her own blood, a body of water, metal bars, partial suspension, restraints ect.
The symbolism hits me the same way it did the first time those details were revealed, that of a woman giving birth.
imo.fwiw.

BS was found staged ‘in repose’. I’ve said this before, but I think the blood from HS’s injuries was washed down after she was positioned. (sorry for saying this, but poolrooms have hoses, I think that’s what they used.)

What the killer may have overlooked is that the blood and water would pool underneath her.

LE are sources for journalists. They’ll go off the record or simply drop clues.

While on a court break, Det. Yim made a non sequitur to Donovan about JS purchasing a large storage facility in the east end.

My guess is that’s what lead Donovan to investigate Green storage more closely and discover the large mortgages attached to them financed by Hour Holdings-which BS funded.

One purchase was made weeks after JK was fired. I think it’s significant because it had been a point of contention between JS and BS in an email exchange. BS asked him to seek a traditional mortgage from one of the large banks.

View attachment 214058

Hmm, well I've said before that if this wasn't M/S, JS is the guy to look at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413