Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This link contains many Getty images from:

http://www.gettyimages.ca/photos/ba...ography&phrase=barry sherman&sort=mostpopular

• the funeral, including our PM
  • Conference Centre,
  • demolition at the new-to-be-built Sherman's house
  • outside the Sherman's house (50 Old Colony Rd.)
  • forensics gathering evidence from outside the house,
  • gathering evidence from inside one of the vehicles (the one parked at the top of the ramp)
  • Also images of a few houses from the surrounding area,
  • and BS pictures at Apotex

On a lighter note..,thanks for the link. I just love the architecture of their home!

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/new...make-sense-of-the-irrational/article37416950/
Staged in a cavernous hall typically used for trade shows, Thursday's event was at times a roast. Mr. Sherman's obsessive work habits were the stuff of bittersweet jokes: Jonathon Sherman described the handful of his childhood hockey and baseball games his father managed to attend as his "Stanley Cups and World Series." The crowd laughed at stories of Ms. Sherman's competitive partying streak, which saw her come back from arthritis surgery to win a charity "Dancing With the Stars" competition.

At other times, the two-plus-hour affair was a massive pep rally for the company that Barry Sherman founded in 1974 and built into a generic-drug manufacturer that employs 10,000, selling its products in 115 countries. It's never easy for a business to replace a charismatic founder who exits unexpectedly, but legions of employees came to pay their respects on Thursday wearing Apotex's bright blue corporate colours, some in T-shirts that said "We will continue your legacy."
ETA
http://nationalpost.com/news/canada...apples-with-raw-grief-they-were-taken-from-us
At the behest of the family, the employees wore blue — the Apotex corporate colour — and so the hall was speckled with azure scarves, navy sweaters and royal blue shawls.

“One may have been soft, calm, brilliantly logical, staunchly atheist and unconditionally loving and proud,” Jonathon Sherman said, speaking of his father. “The other may have been firm, intensely energetic, brilliantly gregarious, silently spiritual and unconditionally honest and caring.

“But together they were everything and perfect.”

I don't do funerals, unless they are very, very close family members or a really close friend. I don't really get people going to a funeral of someone they did not know or was just an acquaintance.

I am the opposite. I will go to funerals of acquaintances if I can. It's a comfort to the grieving family. I was so grateful to the people who showed up at each of my parents' funerals. I understand some people don't want to attend, but after my father's funeral, I made a promise I would show up whenever I could for someone else.

Everyone is different.

jmo

If there was only one suicide and no murder, how did the second person die?

I'm not following you - help me out.

jmo

I am just saying that within the context of what we have heard I could imagine one of them committing suicide. They lived a high pressure life, full of expectation. Hardly one that most of us could imagine.
As well, suicide can be a very impulsive act.
However, within the same context I am finding a murder almost impossible to believe.

For such a long memorial service, there was a lot unsaid, I didn’t get the impression the siblings were very close to each other, but I guess there was such a big age gap between them all.

I have to disagree. I thought that Johnathon was eloquent and extremely gracious. He noted the age gaps and went into great, loving detail about the personalities of each of his sisters and how much his parents valued them individually.
I could not hope for anything as eloquent within my own family!

For such a long memorial service, there was a lot unsaid, I didn’t get the impression the siblings were very close to each other, but I guess there was such a big age gap between them all.
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/cana...is-parents-barry-and-honey-sherman/ar-BBH8bUe
Jonathan Sherman pays tribute to his parents Barry and Honey Sherman

EXCERPT:
[...]
Mom and Dad, I’d like to talk forever as there is so much that needs to be said. But let me finish with some words of comfort. We have pulled together during this most tragic time, and we have a renewed focus on each other. We are protecting and loving each other, and we swear to check on each other every single day. We are taking some comfort in knowing that you two are together forever, and neither of you had to suffer like we are suffering now. You were like a lock and a key, each pretty useless on your own, but together you unlocked the whole world for yourselves, and for us, and for so many others. We promise to carry on your legacy of greatness and giving from now until forever.

I am the opposite. I will go to funerals of acquaintances if I can. It's a comfort to the grieving family. I was so grateful to the people who showed up at each of my parents' funerals. I understand some people don't want to attend, but after my father's funeral, I made a promise I would show up whenever I could for someone else.

Everyone is different.

jmo

Yes, but you may not have had a tragedy. I have, and resented the people who came to my child's funeral, who knew neither her or I, just for a look, and then gossiped about my lack of emotion at the funeral. I was beyond tears and just numb.

Yes, but you may not have had a tragedy. I have, and resented the people who came to my child's funeral, who knew neither her or I, just for a look, and then gossiped about my lack of emotion at the funeral. I was beyond tears and just numb.

I'm truly sorry that happened.

This is crazy, after a week surely the police can distinguish between a double suicide, suicide murder, or a double murder, they seem to have evidence that Honey didn’t die where she was found.
Surely there will be signs of a struggle on at least one of them if murder was involved.

Except for the oldest daughter, Honey was not their natural mother. The son and other two daughters were the result of surrogacy.

Some insight to Barry’s thinking - “As a committed Darwinian, he naturally favoured the preservation of his genetic material. In the early 1980s, surrogacy had just become an option in the U.S. It’s likely that his son, Jonathon, was the first child in Canada born to a surrogate mother. “It worked fine.”

https://torontolife.com/from-the-archives/barry-sherman-bitter-pill-from-the-archives/

He always drove older vehicles and was quite proud about running them into the ground. Honey would get him a newer (not new) model.
I doubt he would ever drive a new car, maybe a matter of pride or his frugality.

Not having a security system just tells me that he felt quite comfortable in that neighbourhood where his family had lived for many years. JMO

I don’t think I am alone in getting attached to a car. I have had a couple. Ned, a Nissan pick up and my Jeep Sare a kee (Cherokee) and my Volvo wagons.

I have not become attached to some other cars. My dream was for them to make it to Pioneer plates. 20 years old. None of them ever made it,

Barry may have grown attached to his cars.

Wonder if honey was carjacked. Then forced to drive home. Also, wonder if the SUV impounded by LE was the same vehicle that Honey drove to South Carolina in ?

It has nothing to do with the murder, but I do not understand a person with arthritis driving to SC when one could fly there First Class.

This is crazy, after a week surely the police can distinguish between a double suicide, suicide murder, or a double murder, they seem to have evidence that Honey didn’t die where she was found.
Surely there will be signs of a struggle on at least one of them if murder was involved.

Patience dear! Investigations take time. Surely we don't expect the police to relase any information until after the memorial service.

Except for the oldest daughter, Honey was not their natural mother. The son and other two daughters were the result of surrogacy.

Some insight to Barry’s thinking - “As a committed Darwinian, he naturally favoured the preservation of his genetic material. In the early 1980s, surrogacy had just become an option in the U.S. It’s likely that his son, Jonathon, was the first child in Canada born to a surrogate mother. “It worked fine.”

https://torontolife.com/from-the-archives/barry-sherman-bitter-pill-from-the-archives/
Interesting that Jonathon alluded to going through surrogacy himself. Was his partner at memorial?

The possibility of a murder/suicide conclusion is just hard to get your head around in these circumstances. They were billionaires, building a new home, had a loving family with a recent new arrival and had a holiday planned.

But I know suffering from depression how bad you can feel and you just want your life to end at times. It would be awful if Barry wanted to die but he wanted to be with honey even in death so he killed her.

I often think of Robin Williams and how shocked I was when I heard he committed suicide. You just never know...

Forgive my ignorance, but do people who are close to the deceased not have a say in who gets to attend a funeral? I'm not comfortable around people who are just acquaintances, I dislike any gathering of public crowds, but I have felt pressured to attend funerals of those whom I knew and were friends with, no matter how 'slight' that friendship might have been over the years. Perhaps it's a societal thing, but believe me, if I could have gotten away with not attending I wouldn't have attended, but I owed those people a show of respect for their lives, their connection to me, and their impact on others. It's sad to think that their loved ones might have thought I was intruding upon their grief. That's the last thing I would have wanted.

I often think of Robin Williams and how shocked I was when I heard he committed suicide. You just never know...

I know I was shocked too but I think if the public had known how ill he was with Parkinson’s disease and Lewy body dementia it wouldn’t have been so shocking. I can understand not being able to carry on in this situation. Though if Barry was ill with such a disease it does not excuse him murdering his wife.

My mother-in-law was diagnosed with Lewy Bodies Dementia last year. There were some rough patches but her doctors have managed to get the medication right in the latter part of the year. It's hard for me to imagine her taking her life even though we know there's no cure, only degeneration to look forward to. If she did, I think we'd accept it, as hard as it would be. However, if she took my father-in-law with her, that would be harder to accept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissa D.