Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How long did it take the Shermans to travel from Apotex to their residence? In the Fifth Estate episode, they said Honey left Apotex on Wednesday evening at 6 pm and Barry at 8:45 pm.
In previous threads we were told that they went to see their architect after leaving Apotex, before returning home. There was no mention of that in the Fifth Estate episode. Did they or didn't they? If it didn't happen, I must have missed the retraction here.

In previous threads we were told that they went to see their architect after leaving Apotex, before returning home. There was no mention of that in the Fifth Estate episode. Did they or didn't they? If it didn't happen, I must have missed the retraction here.

They met with the architect at Apotex.

What does that have to do with these 4 boys? Maybe being a psychology major makes me more aware of this especially seeing troubled people come from homes where they either have only one or no bio parents. It's very hard for them. Not going to comment on this anymore. The proof is in the pudding, these boys did not turn out well.

Well, that cannot be true. Dana is dead, Kerry is on the news and the other two are part of the Barkin family.

Plenty of troubled people have two biological parents, many would do much better with others as parents.

Biology is not a marker of good parenting.

Do you think he seemed pretty sure of where he was on Dec 15th and 16th? It seemed to me that he mentioned the Narcotics Anonymous meeting was either Wed or Thurs.

He also said, "Very easy for me to have left work at any time because I'm not on the clock,” he told the CBC. “I could easily have driven over to [the Sherman home] and did the deed.”

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada...-honey-sherman-were-murdered-sources-say.html

I only watched the show once, so I might have misheard whether or not he was solid about which night he went to Narcotics Anonymous. Their bodies were found on the evening of Friday Dec 17th.

Narcotics Anonymous Meeting dates and times.
http://www.orscna.org/english/area_meetings.php?id=1
And I mean, he quite literally said he does not have an alibi in The Fifth Estate episode. I'm not suggesting his certainly did it, but his alibi is far from air-tight, and admittedly so.

The discussion has been about attachment disorder. The adoptive parents have been blamed.

I have posted the definitiions of atrachment disorder which happen before age three. Attachment issues can happen when a parent is ill.

We have no idea if he has attachment issues. We have no idea if the adoptive parents were not fine parents.
For the record, I'm not saying the adoptive parents are to blame, or the biological parents are to blame. I'm suggesting that his secure attachment was disrupted for a plethora of reasons.

What does that have to do with these 4 boys? Maybe being a psychology major makes me more aware of this especially seeing troubled people come from homes where they either have only one or no bio parents. It's very hard for them. Not going to comment on this anymore. The proof is in the pudding, these boys did not turn out well.

It has everything to do with them. Four children, raised in two households by both natural and adoptive parents after being orphaned. Two are successful, one problematic and one deceased from drug overdose.

That would seem to be psychology majors dream to sort out. Not cliche such as proof is in the pudding or its a no brainer. Two of these boys turned out just fine.

Its just the sort of puzzle/project we had in our psychology classes. How would this scenario work out?

Loving parents can turn out 'bad' kids and terrible parents can turn out 'good' kids.

Its a combination of nature/nurture and individual reaction to stressors, resilience etc.
I do agree with this. It's a combination of all these factors, and beyond.

It was said on The Fifth Estate episode that the meeting occurred at Apotex.

OK but we have no proof that both Barkins were cold to their adoptive kids. There are too many assumptions going on. And it isn't definitive either even if they were. I know people who were adopted to cold parents and they turned out as wonderful people.

Just because people use drugs, doesn't mean they had a crappy home life. I went to a high school in an upper middle class area and drugs and alcohol were everywhere. Many teens are going to get caught up into that regardless of their parents.
I agree, this is very true. But we do have specific details about how the cousins grew up and experienced adverse childhood events. It's understandable to see how those ACE's may be linked to their drug use.

It is against TOS to be rude or to personalize, so all such posts and responses to them have been removed.

There's a little closet off to the left before you enter this room ... that is where members can check their attitudes.

:wave:

It has everything to do with them. Four children, raised in two households by both natural and adoptive parents after being orphaned. Two are successful, one problematic and one deceased from drug overdose.

That would seem to be psychology majors dream to sort out. Not cliche such as proof is in the pudding or its a no brainer. Two of these boys turned out just fine.

Its just the sort of puzzle/project we had in our psychology classes. How would this scenario work out?
Easily, for a plethora of reasons pertaining to personal characteristics, predispositions, resiliency (which you touched on :)), and differential treatment in terms of how caregivers interact with their children who are behaving in a well adjusted manner, and those who are behaving in a poorly adjusted manner. Definitely an intricate puzzle.

I wonder why a "parking lot"...
What the significance is.
MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I think it was Apotex parking lot when Barry came out of the building in the dark. I think the idea of ambush on his own property had a significance while leaving for home.

I think it was Apotex parking lot when Barry came out of the building in the dark. I think the idea of ambush on his own property had a significance while leaving for home.
This is a quote from the movie "Takers".
I found it ironic.
The movie aired in the US in 2010.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/takers/quotes/
e70c1a9dcdb522621e56a88748a4e60f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Look at all of the children of ultra rich that lose their wealth. For instance, some of the heirs of the Johnson and Johnson fortune. Many examples.

Barry bought a company that was not doing well.

It was his skill and brains that made it work.

It was my understanding BS had a senior position in Empire, if the company was not doing well, could BS have been one of the reasons it was not doing well, resulting in a fire sale price to him?

Do you think he seemed pretty sure of where he was on Dec 15th and 16th? It seemed to me that he mentioned the Narcotics Anonymous meeting was either Wed or Thurs.

He also said, "Very easy for me to have left work at any time because I'm not on the clock,” he told the CBC. “I could easily have driven over to [the Sherman home] and did the deed.”

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada...-honey-sherman-were-murdered-sources-say.html

I only watched the show once, so I might have misheard whether or not he was solid about which night he went to Narcotics Anonymous. Their bodies were found on the evening of Friday Dec 17th.

Narcotics Anonymous Meeting dates and times.
http://www.orscna.org/english/area_meetings.php?id=1

According to sources close to the case, the Sherman's were likely killed between Wednesday night and late Thursday afternoon but LE should be able to pinpoint the time of death based on evidence. The pathologist/medical examiner who conducted the autopsies should be able to examine the contents in their stomachs, like they did with JB Ramsey, and know when and what they last ate.

When the real estate agent found Barry and Honey, were they wearing the clothes and coats they had on when they met with the Architect at Apotex late Wednesday afternoon, the last time they were seen alive? When was the last time they used their cell phones? Did they sleep in their beds Wednesday night?

Do we believe the Sherman's died Wednesday evening because Barry didn't show up for work on Thursday and he sent his last email
on Wednesday evening from work?

If we believe the Sherman's died Wednesday evening, KW appears to have an airtight alibi for Wednesday evening and Thursday.
KW didn't say what he did Thursday evening.

He works everyday from approximately 7 am - 6 pm. He said on Wednesday night, after he returned home from a meeting, he watched an episode of Peaky Blinders on Netflix so he should be able to tell LE if asked, what the show was about. He also said he probably talked to his girlfriend long distance which can also be verified. And of course, if he attended the Narcotics Anonymous Meeting, that can easily be verified.

Um I thought one was bi-polar, one was a drug addict and KW problematic. That makes 3. The adopted one is okay, maybe the adoptive parents favored him.

Judge greenlights lawsuit alleging Barry Sherman's company stole rival's trade secrets
Posted Feb 3, 2018 10:04 am PST
TORONTO, ON. (NEWS 1130) – A US judge has refused to throw out a sensational lawsuit that accuses Barry Sherman’s drug company of using sex, lies and USB flash drives to illegally acquire valuable trade secrets from a rival pharmaceutical firm.

The ruling, released Tuesday, is the latest chapter in a bizarre legal saga that was thrust back into the spotlight last week amid news that Jeremy Desai — Sherman’s pick as president and CEO of Apotex Inc., and the man at the centre of the lawsuit — had suddenly resigned “to pursue other opportunities.” By chance, the company announced Desai’s abrupt departure just hours before Toronto police convened a press conference last Friday ...
Why Desai left his job so suddenly remains a mystery; in a prepared statement last week, Apotex would only say his resignation was “effective immediately” and that “we thank Jeremy for his contributions and wish him success in the next phase of his career.” Berman, the company spokesman, told Maclean’s today that “the announcement of Jeremy’s resignation and the police update of the same day are completely unrelated. Dr. Desai’s resignation is in no way connected to the death of Dr. Sherman.”

When Sherman was alive, Desai appeared to enjoy a close relationship with the company founder and chairman. In fact, as The Globe and Mail first reported last week, it was Sherman who provided the mortgage for the upscale Toronto home that Desai and his wife, Kalpna, purchased when they first moved to Canada in 2003. The loan document, filed at Toronto’s land registry office, shows that Sherman lent the couple $3.15 million — at zero interest, and without a regular payment schedule. The mortgage is due “on demand,” records show, and 15 years later no discharge has been filed, suggesting the loan remains outstanding.
(respectfully snipped by me)

Long article: http://www.news1130.com/2018/02/03/...-shermans-company-stole-rivals-trade-secrets/

It looks like each of them were ambushed as they came in the house. I'm assuming they don't have their help there in the evening?

It doesn't sound like they have help during the day either because they both met with the Architect at Apotex on Wednesday around 5 pm and their bodies were discovered around noon on Friday. .

"At 11:44 a.m. on Friday, Dec. 15, officers responded to a call at 50 Old Colony Road, an upscale address in the Toronto neighborhood of North York. Inside the mansion, a real estate agent had discovered the bodies of Barry Sherman, 75, founder of the generic drug giant Apotex, and his wife, Honey, 70"

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/barry-sherman-honey-sherman-homicide-deaths-1.4456170.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413