CANADA Canada - Billionaire Couple Barry & Honey Sherman Murdered at Home, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep in mind that BS was an expert in pharmacology which would be useful in such a situation - JMO.
BS was an expert in many fields: He was also an astrophysics PhD. IMO he was interested in how the world worked and he wanted to be on earth for ever if he could.

Sherman won a national physics contest while attending the Forest Hill Collegiate Institute and graduated with top marks.[13] In the summer of 1958, he signed up for a Canadian Army organized student militia, but found he didn't like submitting to authority.[1] The same year, he entered the University of Toronto's (U of T) engineering science program, at age 16 he was one of the youngest students ever to join the University’s Engineering Science program.[14] Sherman later wrote that he chose that program specifically because it was reputedly the university's hardest.[15]

During summers, Sherman worked for his uncle, Louis Lloyd Winter, at Winter's company Empire Laboratories, then Canada's largest wholly owned pharmaceutical company.[16] Sherman worked as a driver, primarily picking up urine samples for pregnancy tests.[15] When his uncle would travel, Sherman often helped watch over the operations.[17]

Sherman graduated from U of T in 1964 with the highest honours in his class, and received the university's Governor General's Award for his thesis.[18][17] He then enrolled at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, from which he received a PhD in astrophysics in 1967.[15][19

In practice, modern astronomical research often involves a substantial amount of work in the realms of theoretical and observational physics. Some areas of study for astrophysicists include their attempts to determine the properties of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, and other celestial bodies; and the origin and ultimate fate of the universe.[4] Topics also studied by theoretical astrophysicists include Solar System formation and evolution; stellar dynamics and evolution; galaxy formation and evolution; magnetohydrodynamics; large-scale structure of matter in the universe; origin of cosmic rays; general relativity, special relativity, quantum and physical cosmology, including string cosmology and astroparticle physics.

Re: Walking Male, yes he could be anybody, but he also could be involved in the Shermans' deaths.
The fact you are not sold on his involvement is based on what?

I doubt he is homeless, as he walks faster than most homeless I have seen, he is dressed more appropriately for the weather than most homeless people, and he is not carrying anything in his arms or a buggy.

Even if you assume the TPS is incompetent, the Private Investigators hired by the family, did not discover any evidence that has lead to an arrest.

Maybe the assailants took precautions and were very good, leaving no or minimal evidence at the crime scene.
That could be, but that suggests it wasn’t an unplanned event. Amateurs wouldn’t be so good at leaving no evidence moo.

That could be, but that suggests it wasn’t an unplanned event. Amateurs wouldn’t be so good at leaving no evidence moo.

I get the impression they studied the Shermans and their neighbourhood and knew a little about forensics. I don’t think they knew enough about forensic pathology to predict that the thin ligatures would leave marks, and that moving the bodies after killing them would also be evident by lividity marks, imo.

I also think they got lucky with mistakes LE apparently made (according to KD).

Re: Walking Male, yes he could be anybody, but he also could be involved in the Shermans' deaths.
The fact you are not sold on his involvement is based on what?

I doubt he is homeless, as he walks faster than most homeless I have seen, he is dressed more appropriately for the weather than most homeless people, and he is not carrying anything in his arms or a buggy.

Even if you assume the TPS is incompetent, the Private Investigators hired by the family, did not discover any evidence that has lead to an arrest.

Maybe the assailants took precautions and were very good, leaving no or minimal evidence at the crime scene.
based on that they gave us nothing to prove he was inside the sherman house or was involved
just that he was suspiciously in the vacancy of the properity
they havent even told us.. how did he exit the house supposingly !
even if he was involved...there is nothing in that video..its even worse than the missy one

based on that they gave us nothing to prove he was inside the sherman house or was involved
even if he was involved...there is nothing in that video..its even worse than the missy one

He has been classified as a suspect and KD has said in court documents he is referred to as the ‘killer’. I trust that the TPS has enough evidence on them to refer to them that way, they’re really careful when they refer to people as either a ‘POI’, ‘suspect’ or ‘killer’.

They only revealed a small part of the evidence they have on them in that brief cctv clip. They said they have more. They did that hoping the public might be able to identify them, they want witnesses. Maybe they want a possible second killer involved to know that they have their accomplice on video.

KD’s sources told him he entered and exited through the side basement door that was found unlocked.

Should we brainstorm, WHY a stalker observed the Shermans for a whole month (probably)? Did the person stalk only Honey and hadn't to stalk Barry, who spent most of the time working at Apotex (if not sleeping at home the other half of the night)? Which reason does make sense of stalking: visits to an attorney, visits to a builder, visits to a relative, visits to some unknown person, visits to a financial institution, ....?

Should we brainstorm, WHY a stalker observed the Shermans for a whole month (probably)? Did the person stalk only Honey and hadn't to stalk Barry, who spent most of the time working at Apotex (if not sleeping at home the other half of the night)? Which reason does make sense of stalking: visits to an attorney, visits to a builder, visits to a relative, visits to some unknown person, visits to a financial institution, ....?
If I have been hired to kill someone, I would want every tiny detail about that person and their movements etc before I carry out the job. People are creatures of habit so it would be easier to carry out the murders if I knew everything about them and their where abouts. Also, even if it wasn't a hired job this would have been planned for months IMO and that's why it is so difficult to solve. Perfect planning, perfect opportunity, add that to stalking the victims for some time and executing the murders with little evidence makes this case very difficult. JMO.

Wondering the same thing about BS, what is there to spy on other than B working away at Apotex and going home besides the occasional visit with F'DA?
HS might be harder to monitor because she engages in a variety of activities, unless there was a tracker on her car.
But what could have been said or observed by someone in order to make a connection between the ''new information'' brought forward, to lead LE to think the S's were stalked? speculation, imo.

Did a private I, happen to spot another private I?
''Private investigators can be helpful in many situations. Private investigators are able to conduct investigations for finding out about a person's personal traits or activities, their professional traits, the nature of their business, or their occupation; looking for guilty parties; looking for missing people; and running background checks. The investigations conducted are not only limited to business; they can also include personal and private investigations including looking into family assets or even uncovering personal affairs.'

Toxicology reports showed nothing outside norm.
Hopefully the 2 pathologists searched for all, which is possible and in certain circumstances no longer verifiable after more than 24 hours.
What if a person, committed to GREAT friendship service, staged BS' already suicide body, first with zip-ties like HS, afterwards with the belt like HS. That BS could have thought up such "problem solving", isn't too abstruse to me, in case he murdered Honey in desperate rage.
I think, the zip-ties would have left a different imprint on a dead body, but.

Last edited:
Wondering the same thing about BS, what is there to spy on other than B working away at Apotex and going home besides the occasional visit with F'DA?
HS might be harder to monitor because she engages in a variety of activities, unless there was a tracker on her car.
But what could have been said or observed by someone in order to make a connection between the ''new information'' brought forward, to lead LE to think the S's were stalked? speculation, imo.

Did a private I, happen to spot another private I?
''Private investigators can be helpful in many situations. Private investigators are able to conduct investigations for finding out about a person's personal traits or activities, their professional traits, the nature of their business, or their occupation; looking for guilty parties; looking for missing people; and running background checks. The investigations conducted are not only limited to business; they can also include personal and private investigations including looking into family assets or even uncovering personal affairs.'
Made me think; but BS normally arrived home around 11PM, did the per(s) know he would be home early? why enter home so early? to tie up HS and wait for him? why not go in once he is home and they are in bed if the purpose was only to kill them.

I still think tying them up was to keep them alive and under control. but for what purpose?

Adding, I had my Ontario Private Investigator license (now expired). I had no extra powers or access to information that any of us sleuths do. Police can get court orders to see what they want, PI do not have that same access or permissions to even ask for anything. A PI is a civilian. PI training is all about the law and how a PI needs to be careful to not be arrested for Stalking, Harassing, trespassing, as they surveille a target. To obtain your license you do not need to know anything about how to track down someone, you are only trained on the law of a citizen and reminded not to step to far out on a limb as you can be arrested.

It could be they were being watched by private investigators. That would be a hard lead to follow up on. The PI would not share any detail that could put them in jeopardy of breaking any laws.

Just because the TPS have not stated something publicly does not mean it did not happen. For example, maybe the TPS have finger prints or DNA from inside the house, that will match to Walking Man. No law enforcement agency will publicize what evidence they have to the public, before the trial starts.

In fact the public was not made aware of the existence of the Walking Man until years after the murders.

Just because the TPS have not stated something publicly does not mean it did not happen. For example, maybe the TPS have finger prints or DNA from inside the house, that will match to Walking Man. No law enforcement agency will publicize what evidence they have to the public, before the trial starts.

In fact the public was not made aware of the existence of the Walking Man until years after the murders.
I agree, and if you take a close look at the details of the WM’s actions, he looks guilty of doing something very wrong that night, imo.

- out for a very long walk in -22°C (including the windchill), dark, snowy conditions
-chooses to walk on the dark side of the streets as it’s snowing and possibly icy
-KD’s sources say he’s at the Sherman’s property between 8:45 - 10:00 pm. No indication that they had friendly company at that time. That’s within the timeframe the police believe they were murdered.
-KD’s sources tell him he cut through a neighbour’s backyard to access the Sherman’s property
-he walked at least 2.6/3 km at what looks like a quick pace, and there’s an apparent issue with his right foot (drop
foot, possibly).
-he must have heard about the murders and that he was caught on cctv, yet he hasn’t stepped forward to identify himself (even if he was a burglar it would make sense to distance himself from a double-homicide).
-police have taken the serious step of classifying him as a suspect and killer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova