CANADA Canada - Billionaire Couple Barry & Honey Sherman Murdered at Home, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

dotr

Reaction score
Pharma giant and philanthropists Barry and Honey Sherman found dead
Pharmaceutical giant Barry Sherman and his wife Honey Sherman were found dead in a home in Toronto’s York Mills neighbourhood on Friday afternoon, sources confirm.

Emergency crews responded to a 9-1-1 medical call at a house located at 50 Old Colony Road, which is in the area of Bayview Avenue and Highway 401.
Firefighters, officers and paramedics arrived on scene just before 12 p.m. and located two bodies inside.
Barry Sherman was the chairman of generic drug company Apotex Inc. He and his wife were well known Toronto philanthropists.

Canadian Business magazine recently listed Barry Sherman as the 15th richest person in Canada, with a net worth of $4.77 billion.

Speaking to reporters in front of the home, Const. David Hopkinson said the victims’ deaths are being treated as suspicious at this time.

“The circumstances of their deaths appear suspicious and we are treating it that way,” he said. “Our investigators are inside (the home) investigating and taking apart the scene.”

Verified Insider
Kerry Winter - Verified family member

MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9
Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread#15 Thread #16 Thread #17
Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21Thread #22 Thread #23

Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN NOTE:

This post lands at random.

Unless a member is a Verified Insider, they must provide MSM links to substantiate information stated as fact, otherwise make it very clear that it is your opinion (MOO, JMO, etc) or your post may be removed.

IF your information is coming from Kevin Donovan's book, please make that very clear, as in "KD states ...".

Also please do NOT post inside information that could be LE holdback related to the actual crime scene.

''And should I then presume?
And how should I begin?'' T.S.E.

Dec 14, 2021
Four years ago this week, billionaires, Berry and Honey Sherman were murdered. Adrian Ghobrial with the suspect video released by detectives who’re now asking for your help.

iv. Stanley LUBINSKY, Friend of Bernard SHERMAN

XXI. Stanley’s son in law, Johnny, is handling those things.
Stanley does not own the house, Bernard owns the house until
the documents are signed. (p. 42)

*advertiser censored*. Stanley says that his son in law is probably the last
person to speak with Bernard on the Wednesday. (p.42)

(Ito #12, Appendix D (2020 09 01) Redacted Redacted)

Re post fwiw,

'2017 Billionaires Net Worth​

as of 3/20/17'
''Sherman stepped down as CEO in 2014 but remained chairman''.

1726074750477.png
Michael Friscolanti March 16, 2018 rbbm.

''Ironically enough, the Teva litigation also comes as Apotex pursues a similar action against one of its own ex-staffers: a veteran chemist in Toronto who allegedly misappropriated millions of dollars’ worth of drug secrets from a laboratory computer, in the hopes of building a rival pharmaceutical factory in his native Pakistan. As Maclean’s reported last week, Mulazim Hussain was fired in January 2017—and the ensuing lawsuit, aimed at recouping the data he allegedly stole, was still active when the Shermans were killed. (Hussain denies that he purloined any company secrets.)

At one point, Apotex lawyers demanded that Hussain be imprisoned for 45 days for contempt of court because he allegedly refused to abide by a judge’s order to hand over email passwords and personal electronics. Apotex has since abandoned that effort, and court records show the company is now pursuing a summary judgment motion against Hussain.''

With regards to what BS and/or HS told the three builders/architects of their new home at Apotex why they were/had to be home earlier that evening, LE should have used a forensic hypnotist in order to find out what it was that was said but forgotten by each of the three builders/architects that could prove to be an important clue in solving this case. Were they meeting someone or doing something that they both had to meet or do together earlier at home?

Last edited:

With regards to what BS and/or HS told the three builders/architects of their new home at Apotex why they were/had to be home earlier that evening, LE should have used a forensic hypnotist in order to find out what it was that was said but forgotten by each of the three builders/architects that could prove to be an important clue in solving this case. Were they meeting someone or doing something that they both had to meet or do together earlier at home?
Forensic hypnosis was used in the Elizabeth Bain murder case at the first trial against Robert Baltovich. Under hypnosis, witnesses were able to recall incriminating evidence against Baltovich.

However, that evidence was ruled inadmissible upon his appeal. Part of it was critical because it placed him with the victim just before she vanished. “Baltovich's defense also pointed to issues with hypnotizing eyewitnesses to 'help with their memory'. The case R v. Trochym (2007)[3] deemed that any evidence obtained through hypnosis is inadmissible in court.”

But I think it might be useful as an investigative tool, similar to lie detector tests.

In the Sherman case, If I understand what @ldlager previously wrote, he believes that we know that architect Brennen doesn’t recall what Barry or Honey said about why Barry had to leave early, but we don’t know if the other two men did recall. For all we know they heard the reason and told the police.

Honey may have also told her assistant or someone else, imo.

It would be extremely relevant to the investigation, if either Barry or Honey or both, has said to somebody,
something like "I cannot stay late, I am meeting with __________at our house tonight".

We do not know if something like that was stated to a witness, and the TPS has the information and not releasing it to the public.

Since I get the sense that Honey was the more open of the two, I believe there is some probability that she could have mentioned her plans for Wednesday evening and night. I would think she might have said something to her personal assistant, or her sister, or her children.

Since the TPS is extremely reluctant to release anything to the public, we just do not know if they know something.

MOO

I see this article came out in 2018, but this is somehow the first I’ve ever heard about an earring. Did we ever her anything else about this?
In January of 2018 the house was released by police back to the Shermans and their private detective ‘Greenspan team’ took over. That earring and other possible evidence was found, but the Greenspan team didn’t immediately hand it over to the police. They gave the police some of the possible evidence in May, 2018. Ultimately, lawyers hired by the police had to compel the Greenspan team to hand *everything* over in October, 2018.

Quote from a November, 2018, Star article:

“During their initial search, private detectives were also directed by a television crew to a spot where the crew had seen an earring lodged in the gutter at the end of the driveway. The private team put that in an evidence bag too.

This was all back in January […]

In May, after several attempts, the private detectives arranged a meeting with Toronto Det.-Sgt. Susan Gomes and Det. Brandon Price. At that meeting, according to sources, the private team turned over analysis and photographs related to 25 palmprints and fingerprints found on surfaces in the home, which the private team believes police missed.

At the meeting, the private team, led by former Toronto homicide detective Tom Klatt, told the police about other items they had, including the vacuum bag and the earring. Other items were mentioned, but the Star could not determine what they were.

Shortly after, Toronto police retained Toronto criminal attorney Scott Hutchison, law partner of high-profile lawyer Marie Henein. […]

No agreement was reached after a series of emails and calls between Hutchison and the private team throughout the summer and early fall, say sources close to the private investigation. […]

On Oct. 11, Hutchison wrote to Greenspan and warned him that if he did not turn over everything his team had, police would go before a judge to seek a production order, angering Greenspan, sources say.
After discussions with the Sherman family, the decision was made to hold last week’s press conference and express dismay about the police handling of the case. The family also announced a $10-million reward, and a tip line going to the family’s team.
Immediately after the press conference, Greenspan directed his team to hand over any physical items they had collected to the police, sources close to the private team say.”
Paywalled link to article.

I don’t think we know much about the earring, other than it looks similar to ones Honey was wearing in a photo of her at a charity event.

I recall the discussion around the earring—if in fact it was Honey’s—was if she was wearing it the night she was killed and it came off during a struggle by her car.

The other question was whether it was a sign the Shermans had been burglarized and the earring had been dropped as they left. (Similar to the thieves who dropped some of Kim Kardashian’s jewelry as they left the scene.)

In January of 2018 the house was released by police back to the Shermans and their private detective ‘Greenspan team’ took over. That earring and other possible evidence was found, but the Greenspan team didn’t immediately hand it over to the police. They gave the police some of the possible evidence in May, 2018. Ultimately, lawyers hired by the police had to compel the Greenspan team to hand *everything* over in October, 2018.

Quote from a November, 2018, Star article:

“During their initial search, private detectives were also directed by a television crew to a spot where the crew had seen an earring lodged in the gutter at the end of the driveway. The private team put that in an evidence bag too.

This was all back in January […]

In May, after several attempts, the private detectives arranged a meeting with Toronto Det.-Sgt. Susan Gomes and Det. Brandon Price. At that meeting, according to sources, the private team turned over analysis and photographs related to 25 palmprints and fingerprints found on surfaces in the home, which the private team believes police missed.

At the meeting, the private team, led by former Toronto homicide detective Tom Klatt, told the police about other items they had, including the vacuum bag and the earring. Other items were mentioned, but the Star could not determine what they were.

Shortly after, Toronto police retained Toronto criminal attorney Scott Hutchison, law partner of high-profile lawyer Marie Henein. […]

No agreement was reached after a series of emails and calls between Hutchison and the private team throughout the summer and early fall, say sources close to the private investigation. […]

On Oct. 11, Hutchison wrote to Greenspan and warned him that if he did not turn over everything his team had, police would go before a judge to seek a production order, angering Greenspan, sources say.
After discussions with the Sherman family, the decision was made to hold last week’s press conference and express dismay about the police handling of the case. The family also announced a $10-million reward, and a tip line going to the family’s team.
Immediately after the press conference, Greenspan directed his team to hand over any physical items they had collected to the police, sources close to the private team say.”
Paywalled link to article.

I don’t think we know much about the earring, other than it looks similar to ones Honey was wearing in a photo of her at a charity event.

I recall the discussion around the earring—if in fact it was Honey’s—was if she was wearing it the night she was killed and it came off during a struggle by her car.

The other question was whether it was a sign the Shermans had been burglarized and the earring had been dropped as they left. (Similar to the thieves who dropped some of Kim Kardashian’s jewelry as they left the scene.)
Thank you @Lexiintoronto for pulling that up. You are, as ever, an incredible participant on this thread. Thank you for all you do.

At around what time was the video of the NW taken? Is there another earlier video from the same house showing the NW going in the opposite direction? If so, at what time? Does the NW exhibit the same walking style before killing them than afterwards? What is the exact height of the fire hydrant in the NW video? Surely, it would/should have been measured by now.

Last edited:
At around what time was the video of the NW taken? Is there another earlier video from the same house showing the NW going in the opposite direction? If so, at what time? Does the NW exhibit the same walking style before killing them than afterwards? What is the exact height of the fire hydrant in the NW video? Surely, it would/should have been measured by now.

KD believes the clip we’ve seen was taken at about 10:20 -10:30 pm. He’s walking southeast towards Leslie, away from the Sherman home. He believes the WM suspect was at the Shermans’ home approximately between 8:45–10:00 pm, but he said that is based on the best information from his sources and may change as he learns more information.

The WM was caught on the same cctv camera walking to the home over an hour earlier, so, approximately 8:25–8:30 (shortly after Honey arrived home, and when it’s believed Barry left Apotex.)

They used photogrammetry in order to estimate the WM’s height & KD said the fire hydrant’s dimensions were factored in.

Sources for the timeline from my previous post:
In the Crave documentary, episode 4, KD said Honey arrived home at 8:20 pm. That’s the most precise he has been about that so far. Previously he reported that she arrived home around 8:00 pm.

On episode 3 at around the 22:00 mark of his podcast he said the killer or killers left the home at around 10:00 pm. The Billionaire Murders podcast Episode 3

KD said the WM was at the home between around 8:45-10:00 pm, but that information based on sources.
One example of where he has said that:
2B5B135F-FDDD-47F7-95A2-D105FD942D6B.jpeg

Sherman murders Q&A recap: Kevin Donovan teases final episode of ‘The Billionaire Murders’ podcast in reader live chat

Kevin Donovan, the host of The Billionaire Murders podcast, answered your questions in part five of our live chat series.
www.thestar.com
www.thestar.com
KD wrote that Barry sent his last email from Apotex at 8:23 pm and left shortly after that. The drive home was about 25 minutes and he arrived home by 9:00 pm. KD said the first missed call that went to voicemail on Barry’s phone was at 9:01 pm. (Episode 3 of KD’s podcast at around the 23:00 mark linked above.) Later in the podcast finale, and during a Q & A at the Star, KD said that call was from lawyer Doug Hendler of the Blaney law firm, the same law firm Honey had been emailing.

From the same story in the link above:
“Police say the Shermans were murdered between 9 p.m. and 12 midnight on Wednesday, Dec. 13, but have not said how they have determined this.”

I think the the police noticed the same issue with the WM’s gait on all the cctv videos going to the home as well as walking back from it, or they would have mentioned the change, imo.

These things from the WM press conference have stuck with me:
(Journalist) …and is there any video showing him leaving in a vehicle or riding in a vehicle. Do we have any idea of how he came to Old Colony Road and left?

(Officer BP) So, I’m not going to get into that. I'm sorry. Thank you […]

(Officer BP) …So… we have gathered four terabytes of video footage in this investigation. And a great deal of it was from the area around Old Colony road and the surrounding neighborhood.

I'm not going to get further into it but the walking is generally the action leading hi—this individual to and from the defined area.”

Last edited:
KD believes the clip we’ve seen was taken at about 10:20 -10:30 pm. He’s walking southeast towards Leslie, away from the Sherman home. He believes the WM suspect was at the Shermans’ home approximately between 8:45–10:00 pm, but he said that is based on the best information from his sources and may change as he learns more information.

The WM was caught on the same cctv camera walking to the home over an hour earlier, so, approximately 8:25–8:30 (shortly after Honey arrived home, and when it’s believed Barry left Apotex.)

They used photogrammetry in order to estimate the WM’s height & KD said the fire hydrant’s dimensions were factored in.

Sources for the timeline from my previous post:

I think the the police noticed the same issue with the WM’s gait on all the cctv videos going to the home as well as walking back from it, or they would have mentioned the change, imo.

These things from the WM press conference have stuck with me:
Nice compilation of details Lexiintoronto,

The time of death estimate is interesting I wonder if it got more specific in additional autopsy reviews and all the testing done. Like between 8:30 and 10pm.

Gives me thought that the perp walked and followed Barry in to the garage. Those frozen footprints going down the garage ramp but not up the ramp - reported by the maintenance guy who went to basement and furnace room on the day they were found. BS could have been overtaken first. Gagged to muffle sounds and then ran up stairs to overtake HS? HS could have been on the 3rd level thus why perp went up to the master bedroom, came across a belt while there and used it to get hold and control of her?

These new details give new thoughts

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lupa
Back