Canada - Bruce McArthur charged in murders of six men, Toronto, 2010-2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He likely got a thrill every time he passed a Missing poster in the Village, or drove by one of the properties. IMO, his power to impact and terrify an entire community was part of his motivation.

Well said. He likely felt omnipotent, godlike.

What I gathered from the article was that the remains found have NOT been linked to these men? Is that correct?

Had to be heads in the planters for the police to say remains of at least 3 people. Either that or 3 if the same other body part. The identification of the 3 new named victims may or may not be these or the 1st 2 identified. My feeling is photos/video and keepsakes such as found I.d and not DNA at this point has been used to identify all 5 named victims.

Had to be heads in the planters for the police to say remains of at least 3 people. Either that or 3 if the same other body part. The identification of the 3 new named victims may or may not be these or the 1st 2 identified. My feeling is photos/video and keepsakes such as found I.d and not DNA at this point has been used to identify all 5 named victims.

:welcome:

From the star opinion piece;

The retrieved remains have yet to be identified, and it appears they might not even be from among the five men who account for the murder charges laid: Selim Esen and Andrew Kinsman, whose deaths McArthur was charged with a fortnight ago, and the males named as murdered yesterday by Idsinga – Majeed Kayhan, Soroush Mahmudi, Dean Lisowick.

The remains have not been identified. That means the photos they found confirmed the identities of the others.

What I gathered from the article was that the remains found have NOT been linked to these men? Is that correct?
Correct. Or not yet at least. So something else confirmed the murders of the 5 men he's charged with killing.

rbbm.
Mark Gollom January 30 2018
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/bruce-mcarthur-serial-killers-robert-pickton-1.4509608
attachment.php

[h=1]Toronto serial killer case draws parallels to Robert Pickton[/h]
[h=3]Serial killers 'cunning and crafty,' but few clinically insane: they just enjoy hurting people, expert says[/h]
"The parallels with the Pickton case are obvious in some cases," said criminologist and Western University professor Michael Arntfield. "We have an offender who is operating within a tight area, very specific geographically, targeting marginalized population that has a bit of a conflicted relationship with the police in some cases."​

As well, both Pickton and the suspect had access to properties where people can be made to disappear and dismembered to affect that disappearance, he said.
When it comes to serial killers hiding evidence, they "are very cunning and crafty," Lee said.

"They don't want to get caught, and they go to great lengths often to make sure that they can conceal the murders that they've committed," he said.
Some serial killers do take pleasure in dismembering and torturing their victims, and that's very much part of their killing ritual, he said.
Arntfield said the way the victims were disposed in Toronto — their transportation and concealment either through obliteration, dismemberment or burial of a body — "speaks to an offender who has been honing this for some time."

Typically, serial killers will also use their occupation as a way to acquire victims, and will use their time at work to scout locations, Arntfield said.

"One of the things I look at is the nexus between occupation and opportunity in serial murder," he said.

"These are allegations, but if proven to be true, it would appear McArthur used access to these locations and the equipment to help dispose of these victims."

But Arntfield said McArthur at 66 doesn't fit the known age demographic for serial killers. Serial murder, he said, has widely been thought to be limited to males 18 to 26 and that by 35, offenders are "aging out."
If McArthur is guilty, he either started relatively late for a serial killer, or his crimes go back several decades, he said.

Attachments

• bruce-mcarthur-court-sketch.jpg
    bruce-mcarthur-court-sketch.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 293
The young man was handcuffed, wondering how BM feels about being handcuffed now?
http://toronto.citynews.ca/2018/01/30/man-handcuffed-to-mcarthurs-bed/
The source says when police broke down the door, they found the man handcuffed to McArthur’s bed.

The young man was not hurt and later interviewed by police.

The Toronto police forensic unit remains on scene, combing the apartment for evidence.

The source said photos were found on McArthur’s computer that helped investigators identify some of the victims.

The remains have not been identified. That means the photos they found confirmed the identities of the others.

The photos were enough not just to identify, but to support first-degree murder charges. I don't even want to think about what that could mean.

The photos were enough not just to identify, but to support first-degree murder charges. I don't even want to think about what that could mean.
Cannot help but think of how BM apparently tied business in with " pleasure " and if that would include profiting from those pictures. He traveled a fair bit...
imo, speculation.

Hopefully, the homeowners were able to remember when the planters were installed, that would help narrow down the identification of the remains. I was thinking, if it was between 2010 and 2012, they'll know there are more victims than the current confirmed list.

Accurate. If the bodies were broken down enough (sorry folks), he could have left the apartment with the remains in a bag. He could then assemble the planters in another location, maybe even bold enough to do it at his clients properties. He may have been savvy enough to not declare a work location for tax deductions, if he filed his taxes, but also maybe not. I'm sure TPS will look into that.

rbbm

Mentioned it in the other thread but there was a news article in which a neighbour at Thorncliffe complained about him using the garbage chute late at night.

Found it

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/new...lleged-toronto-serial-killer/article37670395/

A woman who lived two doors down from Mr. McArthur, and declined to give her name because she was unsettled by the case, said he used to live in the two-bedroom unit with a male partner and described them both as friendly. She had not seen the partner in several weeks. On Friday, police said a man seen in multiple photos on Mr. McArthur's Facebook page had not been reported missing, and his employer told media outlets he was alive. The Globe has been unable to reach the man and has chosen not to name him.
The neighbour said she had recently become irritated by Mr. McArthur loudly taking items to the garbage chute late at night. She relayed the activity to police officers when they interviewed her on Thursday night.

rbbm

Mentioned it in the other thread but there was a news article in which a neighbour at Thorncliffe complained about him using the garbage chute late at night.

I remember that. Clothing and belongings of victims? (Unlikely to be body parts; don't think he was that careless.)

Cannot help but think of how BM apparently tied business in with " pleasure " and if that would include profiting from those pictures. He traveled a fair bit...
imo, speculation.

The images were retrieved from his computer. I hadn't even considered this angle until now, but were they stills or - heaven help us - videos?

imo, speculation.
there would have to be a market for those pictures for BM to profit from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ANicholls16