Found Deceased Canada - Cameron Bailie, 27, Oshawa, Ont, 10 Jan 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The laptop being open with the music still playing when the sister came home....how long would a typical laptop run until it hibernated or the battery died? It sounds like his sister didn't miss him by all that much time.

The laptop being open with the music still playing when the sister came home....how long would a typical laptop run until it hibernated or the battery died? It sounds like his sister didn't miss him by all that much time.

This could vary hugely - I have all hibernate/etc functions turned off, as many people do who use them to listen to music, watch shows, or communicate and don't like to worry about the hibernate cutting into what they are doing...so my laptop could play "infinitely" if the music source looped/didn't end, and the laptop was plugged into a power source.

First thing I thought I'd check the river and pathways, I know I shortcut up the pathway to Lakeview, I'm on Oxford and it takes less time also the river empties into the lake and their are many hidden areas

I am hoping that Cameron (CB) is found safe and sound. From following the search efforts, it is an ongoing, exhaustive search by many and everyone is doing the right things.

We've mentioned here that when CB's shoes were found at the waterfront some of us were reminded of a similar case. (I'll just use his initials out of respect: JB). I'm hoping that the following information might aid in the recovery of CB, if this is the worst case scenerio where the two cases may be similar.

JB was reported missing on January 13, 2014. If you look at the map below, the police believe JB fell off the Whitby pier. His shoes were found each at different times close to the 400 m mark on the map (intersection of the Heydenshore Pavillion and the shoreline). His body was found on March 29th by a member of the public that was walking their dog close to shore, approximately at the 2.85 km mark on the map.

We also mentioned that the surface currents in this area, which is close to where the search for CB is taking place, tend to flow eastward.

The weather and ice conditions at the lakefront are different now compared to when the search was on for JB. We had recently had that historic ice storm. There were ice shelves at the shore, 'ice clouds' in the water and a choppy build-up of ice on the paths close to the water. The cold conditions likely delayed the time it took for JB's body to surface and float to where it was found, or the difficult terrain hindered the recovery efforts.

This past January, we've had mostly above-average temperatures. In the past two weeks when I have been walking my dog down at the Whitby waterfront I haven't seen any build-up of ice or snow (there was only one day of heavy snow in the past 2-3 weeks, followed by rain and rising temperatures).

'Open mind and large net' is the saying of an expert tracker here on WS. I'm looking down at the waterfront, but I am hoping for a happier outcome.

2017-01-30.jpg

ETA: JB's shoes were found approximately at the 400 m mark, not the 700 m mark as I noted on the map itself.

ETA: Added possible search map for CB, if we're looking on the shoreline. In another missing person's case, the family rented a boat to search the shore of Lake Ontario.

2017-01-30 (2).jpg

Not sure if related:

AM640 ‏@am640 9m9 minutes ago
More
Toronto Police are investigating after a body was discovered on the shore line near the Humber Yacht Club

ETA: probably not related.

Not sure if related:

AM640 ‏@am640 9m9 minutes ago
More
Toronto Police are investigating after a body was discovered on the shore line near the Humber Yacht Club

ETA: probably not related.

Just noting and reiterating that it is probably unrelated to CB- but two bodies have been found at different points of the Humber area, one is def. male.

http://www.citynews.ca/2017/02/04/male-body-pulled-water-ravine-citys-west-end/
Police, fire and paramedics were called to the Islington Avenue and Dixon Road area shortly after 3:30 p.m. Saturday after a passerby spotted the lifeless body in the waters of Humber Creek.

Paramedics say the man, believed to be between 50 and 60 years old, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police are also investigating the discovery of another body, found at the shore near the Humber Yacht Club on Friday evening

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...-for-oshawa-man-who-vanished-a-month-ago.html
[h=1]Vigil planned for Oshawa man who vanished a month ago[/h]Cameron Bailie disappeared from his home without a trace.

A vigil is planned Friday for Cameron Bailie, a 27-year-old Oshawa father who vanished a month ago.

The gathering, called “candles of hope,” is scheduled to run from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Lakeview Park in south Oshawa.
Bailie left home without his vehicle, phone, coat or wallet on Oshawa’s Oxford St. in mid-afternoon on Jan. 10. .
Eight days later, police found a pair of his shoes.
That’s the last clue, said his sister Nicole Gerard, who shares the townhouse with him.

His son’s confused about why his father is no longer at home, she said.

Bailie is a mechanical engineer and Gerard said he enjoyed his job. He didn’t call in to say he would be missing work, she said.

Durham police are asking anyone with information to get in touch with them at 1-888-579-1520 ext. 2741, or anonymously through Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS).

$5000.00 reward now being offered for any information!
16681883_206843169791593_7641463262305762118_n.jpg

Published on Feb 10, 2017

Candles of Hope. Beautiful speeches from Brad Sproat and Cam's sister Amanda #BRINGCAMHOME
[video=youtube;IXCIiSc8n5U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXCIiSc8n5U[/video]

Some interesting posts and comments on the FB for find Cameron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Family of missing Oshawa man believes he was lured from home

More than two months after Cameron Bailie disappeared, his family has said they believe he was lured from his home the day he went missing.

According to Bailie’s sister Nicole Gerrard, there are numerous unusual circumstances about how their home was left that suggest he did not leave alone and did not intend to be gone for long.

https://www.thestar.com/news/crime/...hawa-man-believes-he-was-lured-from-home.html

http://oshawaexpress.ca/search-continues-for-cameron-baillie/

April 13 2017
Days have stretched to weeks and weeks into months as the search for missing Oshawa man Cameron Baillie continues without success.

Speculation as to Baillie’s whereabouts is rampant on social media, with a Cameron Baillie Search Group on Facebook having nearly 5,000 members. The group has organized countless searches around Oshawa and the lakefront, and recently volunteer divers took to the water at the Oshawa Harbour with no success.

Durham police inform The Oshawa Express that there are no updates on Baillie’s case and the investigation is ongoing.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Missing-cameron_BAILIE.jpg
    Missing-cameron_BAILIE.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 250
Cameron is still missing :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good exposure for Cameron's case: [video=youtube;cCM2sKkPd8w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCM2sKkPd8w[/video]

I wish this site would be more active with Camerons case. The facebook page is full of drama and we are not allowed to talk or bring up theories whatsoever or we get deleted. I personally think it has to do with a drug debt. I also believe the family know more and they wont speak up for fear of their own lives. I heard from an excellent source that 2 very close family members of his are ex addicts as well. A very sad story for sure. My heart goes out to them

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aicontrolling
Back