Found Deceased Canada - Cameron Bailie, 27, Oshawa, Ont, 10 Jan 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Guys, they updated the FB. It was Cameron in the water.
I will see if I can find MSM. FB is open still o think.
Heartbreaking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't see MSM yet. But I do believe it's him based on FB. They must have known pretty quick and probably why they did that with FB.
I feel so sad. Such a promising young man. So many loved ones hurt.

https://www.durhamregion.com/news-s...-in-oshawa-saturday-night-was-cameron-bailie/
Family confirms body pulled from lake in Oshawa Saturday night was Cameron Bailie
The notice read: Our family is deeply saddened to announce that the body recovered from Lake Ontario on Saturday June 17th 2017 was Cameron Bailie. We would like to thank Officers Sean and Mike, of the Durham Region Police Service for all their hard work and effort. Thank you to all the volunteers that searched and brought awareness. Your time and efforts do not go unnoticed. At this time, we are asking for privacy, but will announce a future date and place for a public memorial.Thank You Marion, Jimmy, Amanda, Nicole, Chris, Michelle. and the entire family

Glad Cameron was located, but sad for his family and friends who really rallied together to find him.
Bittersweet that it happened one day shy of Father's Day.
Hoping that despite the tragic outcome, everyone finds some measure of peace because at long last he has been found.

Well said dotr. Made me tear up. Xo

Sad. I was in Oshawa this weekend. RIP Cameron and my condolences to his friends and family.

Oh so sad to hear that Cameron has been found dead.... Do they believe he just "walked" into the water by himself - or there foul play involved?? Didn't see that posted anywhere!

RIP Cameron :rose:

I haven't seen anyone post this yet. Although the police are maintaining "no foul play suspected" toxicology reports have been ordered and the family maintains this is out of character and they will find out what happened. There are posts on his memorial pages "#JusticeforCam" which may indicate this is a crime.

http://oshawaexpress.ca/body-of-cameron-bailie-found/

I haven't seen anyone post this yet. Although the police are maintaining "no foul play suspected" toxicology reports have been ordered and the family maintains this is out of character and they will find out what happened. There are posts on his memorial pages "#JusticeforCam" which may indicate this is a crime.

http://oshawaexpress.ca/body-of-cameron-bailie-found/

Welcome to Ws Fear the Reaper, hoping the truth, whatever it might be comes to light!

I just wanted to make a note about Cameron. When they found Cameron he was floating in the lake where someone spotted him as they were walking the beach front. it was noted in initial reports the body was in a bad state of decay.

The police noted that the area Cameron had been found in had been thoroughly searched on several occasions including the use of sonar. .

[FONT=&amp]Much of the search efforts into Bailie’s whereabouts focused around the park and Lake Ontario along the Oshawa shoreline, about 3.8 km from his home.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]“Our suspicions were that he was in the water,” said Glen Turpin, co-ordinator for the Ontario Volunteer Emergency Response Team (OVERT). The team performed two water searches by boat, travelling from Darlington to Whitby, using “very limited technology,” including sonar.
[/FONT]

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2017/06/20/body-of-missing-oshawa-father-cameron-bailie-found-in-lake-ontario.html

In the weeks leading up to Cameron being found there had been significant rainfall in the area which caused a lot flooding and record high levels of water in Lake Ontario.

I find it strange that he was found in an area that had been heavily searched suggesting he was not weighted down by something in the water in that area.

The surrounding area has marsh land nearby (McLauglin Bay Wildlife Reserve, Second Marsh) , perhaps Cameron was initially "dumped" in the marsh but the flooding caused him to float out into the lake itself.

https://www.google.com.tr/maps/plac...ee420a67a6d8671d!8m2!3d43.866226!4d-78.830241

After a memorial service yesterday there was a post on his Facebook page
"
It'll come sooner then later I hope. .such a heart breaking situation. .Cam & his family deserve justice - the people who did this to him deserve the maximum penalty and then some..I know this page is a memorial for him..and maybe not the place to say this..but damn...its tough to keep cool when you know the cowards are walking about. .living their life...karma is a *****...they will get whats coming
2665.png
"

It is also noted that anyone with information about camerons death is asked to contact Det. Sitaram at the Durham Regional Police Services Central East

Division at 1-888-579-1520 ext. 2741

Attachments

• cam.jpg
    cam.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 49
We have seen so many cases where a body surfaces even after sonar is used - many factors can cause "thorough" searches of water to fail, such as depth, visibility (if it is really murky and divers have to go by feel), flow (is the body moving out of the way of trawlers, for example) and whether it was trapped by something such as a sunken log or other vegetation that can obscure it or make it hard for sonar techs to distinguish it. Your note about flooding is a good one though - it is possible he was on the shore or in the marshland and ended up in the lake due to flooding, but how he got there is something we can only speculate. Families tend to believe in foul play because it offers some explaination - "someone did this" and it is easier to deal with than "he did it to himself."

We would need to consider what possible threats he has in his life, who might want to harm him and why. So far, we have him appearing to leave his apartment spontaneously without taking anything with him, taking off his shoes and pants at the lake edge, and disappearing without any known enemies. Sadly, it sounds like a suicide to me but could also be an odd episode brought on by drug use or a medical event. I look forward to the tox results and what else we might learn.

Does anyone know if the toxicology report for Cameron has been released to the family and to the public yet

Does anyone know if the toxicology report for Cameron has been released to the family and to the public yet
Welcome to Ws siliconrod!
There does not seem to be any ( public ) news about toxicology results for Cameron,but this article would suggest, imo. that it could take quite a long time, as indicated by recent deaths possibly associated with fentanyl, imo, speculation.

April 2017
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...-frustrates-police-health-units-families.html
Staccato scenes play out in Jody McLennan’s mind on loop: her husband slumped in his chair, paramedics pumping his chest, his lifeless body splayed on their living room floor.

Only four hours earlier, McLennan and Oghenovo Avwunufe had been munching on chips and drinking beer before she fell asleep on the couch while he sat in front of the computer, working on a business project. Unbeknownst to McLennan, Avwunufe had snorted cocaine earlier with a friend.

He was still in the same chair when McLennan woke up at 6 a.m., she recalled in a recent interview.
“I thought he was sleeping, so I went over and shook him, and I knew when I shook him that he wasn’t alive,” she said.

Paramedics arrived within minutes and immediately began pumping Avwunufe’s chest, but they were unable to revive him. A coroner arrived about five hours later and pronounced the 25-year-old dead.

The coroner told McLennan her husband’s blood was sent to the Centre for Forensic Sciences — the scientific arm of Ontario’s justice system — for a toxicological analysis. Once the results were in — the turnaround time is 37 days, according to the lab — the coroner would determine the cause of death and notify the victim’s family. The whole investigation takes months to conduct, according to a spokeswoman for Ontario’s Office of the Chief Coroner.

Thanks for the update dotr.
In regards to the autopsy does anyone know if a preliminary finding was released. Such as
how long was Cameron's body in the water. The police made a statement it did not appear foul play was involved in Cameron death. I assume this statement was based on the condition of the body but did the Medical Examiner confirm this.

According to articles I have read about this case it seems there is some information missing or maybe not made public such as: Was Cameron's cell phone and computer records searched for any unusual or unknown contacts. Also security camera video shows Cameron entering his home around 12:00pm on Jan. 10 but is there any video of him leaving his home or someone entering his home during the hours of 12pm to 4pm. Maybe the family or police have done this already but don't see this mentioned anywhere.

Regardless of when the autopsy results are released I hope someone comes forward with information about Cameron's disappearance and/or death.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Don7777
Back