Found Deceased Canada - Cameron Bailie, 27, Oshawa, Ont, 10 Jan 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Also, family found out, on the anniversary of his disappearance that the case had been closed, by reading a news article. Sadly, the police didn't have the decency to notify them directly......

The shoes were found by an older couple, I believe, one by the bathroom and another by the pier I think. They put them together, assuming someone would come back for them. The area had been searched previously but no shoes were found until 8 days later.

Thank you for clarifying. Can you advise as to how you know this? Was this published in media somewhere as I hadn't seen this info anywhere to date - just looking for more sources if any are available.

Additionally, when the shoes were found, and police were notified, did they by chance bring out the dogs to search the area again? Scent dogs are phenomenal and can track scent cones in the air (and in water too depending on their training). Even if it was 8 days later, if someone had placed the shoes where they were found, it MAY have been possible for the police to use a dog or dogs to track where they scented from and follow that scent backwards into the community or forwards into the lake (if that was the case).

If one shoe was found by the bathroom, and the other near the pier, how did they get there?That is a fair distance between the two places. Any chance police could clarify to the family about WHERE near the washroom the shoe was? Was it adjacent to the west side? North side? In which direction was the toe pointed when it was first spotted (this would apply to both shoes since found separately).

Also, family found out, on the anniversary of his disappearance that the case had been closed, by reading a news article. Sadly, the police didn't have the decency to notify them directly......

That is really sad. I hope friends and family can put pressure on LE to reopen case.

I hope someday Cameron's family will get some answers to Cameron's disappearance and death.
There have been a number of strange murders and disappearances in the Toronto area lately maybe Cameron's is connected to them.

Bumping up for Cameron and his family.

I started following this case from the beginning, and just now came back after they had found his body.

I guess the family is satisfied with LE conclusion....

RIP Cameron
rose-smiley.gif

It was recently posted to FB that the autopsy came back unexplained, not sure if toxicology is done/released yet

Cameron's case was the first one I followed here at WS so I still have some interest in the outcome which still troubles me. Autopsy came back unexplained that's odd.

I don't know if Cameron's situation is linked to other incidents in Oshawa such as Kevin Zapps or Rori Hache's but it does make me think about it. RIP Cameron.

Cameron's case was the first one I followed here at WS so I still have some interest in the outcome which still troubles me. Autopsy came back unexplained that's odd.

I don't know if Cameron's situation is linked to other incidents in Oshawa such as Kevin Zapps or Rori Hache's but it does make me think about it. RIP Cameron.
In my view, add Jeffrey Boucher to that list. (Whitby pier).

This man has been missing since Dec. 2016 ( NYEve)
OPP Still Searching for Derek Ritz

There is more information on Derek Ritz and what is believed to have happened to him. Certainly a few rumours but the names and the story are lining up with just a few details to be filled in, but much is just circumstantial and I don't see an arrest coming anytime soon unless someone who was there caves and starts talking.

Just came across this link concerning still missing man, Robert Commu, 30 years old, who disappeared March 31, 1996. it has nothing to do with this case, just noting a small coincidence with the scene at Cameron's home.
speculation, fwiw, imo.rbbm.
Robert Commu went missing 17 years ago
“She said, ‘Something’s not right,’” Whitelaw said. “The door to Robert’s place was open, there was music playing but there was no sign of Robert.

“I told her not to go in . . . that Robert would be peeved at her if she went in.”

Whitelaw hurried home and upon arrival saw what her daughter had seen.

The door to Commu’s place was open, music – something by Hootie and the Blowfish – was playing over and over again. There were CDs strewn about but Commu’s wallet was there, as was his truck.

Shoes belonging to missing Oshawa man Cameron Bailie believed found near Oshawa harbour
"Gerrard returned home from work just before 5 p.m. to find the house empty but windows and a door open. Bailie’s workout gear was in the living room and his laptop was open and playing music, as if he’d just begun his routine, she said".

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aicontrolling
Back