Canada - Cecilia Zhang, 9, North York ON, 20 Oct 2003

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Casshew said:
A 21 year old Chinese student from Shanghi living in the Toronto area was arrested and charged with 1st degree murder.

The second person of interest is not named yet and is a WOMAN! :eek:

Crazy....I hope this poor baby didn't suffer. I can't imagine what these animals wanted from her.

Do they have the DP in Canada?

LaCoruna17 said:
Crazy....I hope this poor baby didn't suffer. I can't imagine what these animals wanted from her.

Do they have the DP in Canada?

No we do not have the death penalty. Sometimes its a shame we don't

I am severely confused here.

March 27, 2004: A hiker tramping through a remote area of Mississauga comes across human skeletal remains

And police are still trying to track down where Cecilia was during those long months that she was missing. But they now believe she had only been dead a few days, prior to being found in a field behind a Mississauga church on March 27th.

snip...

“We don't have an exact determination of the amount of time that she would be alive after she was taken,” Catney concludes. “We know definitively that her eventual resting place, there was a period of at least 72 hours that we haven't accounted for yet, and we're working aggressively to try and determine her whereabouts during that period.”

Does this mean these people kept this poor girl ALIVE until they decided to finally kill her? If her remains were skeletal, wouldn't she have been decomposing for at least a couple of weeks? This was March when her body was dumped so it would have been very cold so wouldn't that have slowed down the process? I'm just notunderstanding how she was already reduced to justa skeleton if she had been alive up until a few days before her body was discovered.

If she wasn't killed right away, why would they keep her for so long, away from her family, if they weren't going after a ransom... why keep her alive for months and months if they intended to kill her? Sick sick sick. :(

My heart just aches for Cecilia and her parents. :(

babylove

I have no idea how long cecilia was alive after her abduction. I heard Skeletal remains - so I assumed she was in the park a long time. I guess we will have to wait for more details.

The hardest thing for me is hearing a woman was involved too. You would hope a woman would have compassion for a little girl.. but more and more we hear of these woman like 'wanda' from Elizabeth Smart's case and Karla Homolka etc.. etc... :sick:

He kidnapped the little girl to use her for ransom but he never did ask for ransom money did he?

I hate it when they give a murderer a plea bargain. This guy planned the kidnapping and he should have been charged with kidnapping and 1st degree murder. Instead he pleas and gets 2nd degree murder with a life sentence which doesn't mean life so he'll be out in a few years. Wonder what he will do then. If he couldn't go back to China because of the shame of not graduating from college then it would be impossible for him to go back after he has brought the shame of murdering a child on the heads of his family. Maybe he will commit suicide. To bad he didn't think of that when he was so shamed for failing in college.

So does LE still think that she was kept alive for months? Where would he have kept her and how would he have provided for her and himself. He wouldn't have been able to get a job if his visa had run out. He would have had to live somewhere. If he had decided not to ask for ransom money I can't think of any reason for him to have kept her alive.

Her poor parents are so broken that they couldn't even come to court for the sentencing. Breaks my heart. I hope that some day her dad will be able to forgive himself for not locking the window or having a security system on. The guilt will kill you if you can't work through it. Poor guy. Glad they got the killer anyway. This family deserved justice.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2004/03/28/body040328.html

Police confirmed Sunday that the human remains found in a wooded ravine west of Toronto are those of nine-year-old Cecilia Zhang, who went missing last October.
The remains were spotted purely by chance by a hiker behind Mississauga's Church of the Croatian Martyrs at 1:45 p.m. Saturday, police said.

He can be out of prison in 15 yrs and then deported back to China for another trial...good. Fifteen years isn't nearly long enough for murdering that little girl.

Oct 4 2021 rbbm.
Detective who investigated Cecilia Zhang murder reveals moment he knew her mother wasn't the killer
''TORONTO -- The detective who investigated the murder of nine-year-old Cecilia Zhang said he first accused the little girl's mother of killing her daughter, but there was one moment in the police interview that made him immediately know it wasn't her.

Stumped for suspects in the kidnapping, a detective on the case says Toronto police had to clear the family as suspects, and accused her mother of a role in the kidnapping.

Steve Ryan, a former homicide investigator with Toronto Police Service, now CP24's crime analyst, says it was his job to bring Sherry Xu in for questioning. ''

"Child abductions are just so rare, especially when somebody breaks into somebody's house in the middle of the night and removes a child and nobody heard a damn thing. That raises some concern and suspicions as an investigator," Ryan said.''

''Chen was failing in school and running out of cash. He feared deportation back to China. He hatched a plan to enter a marriage of convenience to stay in Canada, the cost would be $25,000 he did not have.

Ryan does not believe the story.

"I think that was very self serving on his part. It really doesn't explain much. I think it helps him, he thinks it helps him, he thought it would help him because there really is no suffering at that point. She's dead almost immediately, so he doesn't have to come up with an explanation. What he did with her? Did he sexually assault her? Did he abuse her? That was never learned because the remains were so badly decomposed. We only learned her cause of death when he said he smothered her," Ryan said.

If Chen is ever granted parole from a Canadian prison, he will be deported to China where he will be tried again for the murder of Cecilia Zhang, this time by Chinese courts.''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Cool wannabe
Back