DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Another picture of Chase Martens courtesy CJOB Radio Winnipeg Manitoba

Attachments

• chase marten picture cjob radio.jpg
    chase marten picture cjob radio.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 60
RSBM for brevity

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/local/200-searchers-cant-find-missing-austin-boy-2-373212371.html
The boy had been in the yard with his dad, who was loading a truck. Father and son then went for a ride to a store and returned.

I wonder how much time elapsed between Chase being in the yard with Dad, who was loading a truck, (and what was he loading and what kind of truck? A personal vehicle? A big truck?) and when he went with Dad to the store.

Wouldn't be have been dressed appropriately for the cold if he were in the yard with his Dad before the store trip? Would Dad have taken clothes off of him or changed Chase's clothes to ride to the store, only to have to change his clothing again as he describes, when they return home from the store?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am still reading through everything here but had to stop to share this;

I have a 20 month old boy. He is adventurous and loves walking (and walking and walking). Last month we were at a local fairgrounds and I took him outside of the building to get some air and exercise. With Noah Chamberlain in mind, I thought it would be interesting to find out how far he would walk without interruption and in what amount of time. He walked in one straight line to an empty horse arena in about a minute. I just mapped it and measured according to google, and in one minute, he walked 133 yards...1.3+ football fields. IN A MINUTE. When we go out for walks, he will go and go until I pick him up and carry him back (screaming), and no chance of just turning him around and letting him walk back the way he came because he does not want to return home. I have confidence that he could go miles before he became tired.

Just my two cents. Kids this age can go very far. I am so upset he had 15 minutes before anybody noticed he was gone.

Thanks to those that are local for posting your insights on the area! Arnie, Lori, and anybody I missed. :)

I have created a map of the area with the Command Center marked, based on this article: https://uicnews.com/2016/03/24/search-continues-for-missing-2-year-old-boy-in-manitoba/

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=z2VLvG6QAl8U.kByH12Y5yG9g&usp=sharing

(Notice the creek near the property and the three grain silos that were shown in the media of the press conference.)

Wow, ClaireNC, beautiful job on that map! Your work is remarkable. Is the creek symbol where the family home is located? Do they live a bit outside the town or in it? I'd like to see where the house is and where he was playing & how close a main road is to the house. Seems I remember that his mom said there was a dirt road was in front of their house. Thanks!

RSBM for brevity

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/local/200-searchers-cant-find-missing-austin-boy-2-373212371.html

I wonder how much time elapsed between Chase being in the yard with Dad, who was loading a truck, (and what was he loading and what kind of truck? A personal vehicle? A big truck?) and when he went with Dad to the store.

Wouldn't be have been dressed appropriately for the cold if he were in the yard with his Dad before the store trip? Would Dad have taken clothes off of him or changed Chase's clothes to ride to the store, only to have to change his clothing again as he describes, when they return home from the store?

It might not have taken the dad long to load the truck, and Chase could have come out towards the end. I wear different footwear and maybe lighter clothes if I'm going just to the car and staying on the dry driveway than I would if I was going to be in deeper snow or muddier conditions. It's a pain to dress to kids in the full snowsuit so we wouldn't put one on for something like a trip to the store where you're not expecting to spend time outside.

Wishing safety for all the people working so hard right now looking for Chase.
It must be especially difficult for those with small children of their own at home, perhaps making happy plans
for an Easter egg hunt, while this search is quite different.
Please keep safe one and all, hoping Chase is located very soon.

There are many advantages to using a drone .... one of which is the possibility of using one camera equipped drone and having several people watching on several monitors.

The ultimate is to immediately overfly the area during the first hours of a missing person search .... film the ground with high definition high speed cameras .... it could be done in as little as 30 minutes.

Then you could have hundreds or even thousands of internet volunteers magnify the images and examine every square inch of the ground ... and they could do it all day or all night long

A few years ago, TES used a drone to locate a toddler who drowned in a pond behind his home. The drone captured an image of a red dot in the pond, which turned out to be his red shirt. :tears:

RSBM for brevity

Dad might have realized that it was starting to chill off and put heavier clothing on Chase, if it was sunny and pleasant earlier when he was out with dad he may have had on a lighter jacket instead of a heavier coat.

Dad might have realized that it was starting to chill off and put heavier clothing on Chase, if it was sunny and pleasant earlier when he was out with dad he may have had on a lighter jacket instead of a heavier coat.

That makes sense since it was evening. I was in flip flops, tank top and shorts at Christmas, so I have no idea the thought processes involved in dealing with weather that cold, lol!

A missing 2 yr old!
Maybe the amber alert needs to be updated to provide the extra set of eyes needed to find these little ones.
How do we know at the time one of them becomes missing if an abduction may be involved?
The weather up there is dangerously cold which certainly is a life threatening situation.
I don't know how cold it was last night, but found this for this morning.

Just started reading this thread....I pray he is found safe soon.

I thought changes were made to the Amber Alert system, perhaps it was just in Ontario. After Tori Stafford went missing, the same thing happened, no amber alert went out as it did not meet the criteria. She was just missing, no info if there was an abductor, car etc. In the end, she was kidnapped and murdered and the 2 responsible are rotting in jail, thank GOD!!!
Changes did come about the Amber Alert system, the OPP have since changed their rules for issuing an alert from having to confirm an abduction and confirm threat of harm, to believe that a child has been abducted and believe is at risk of harm. From the case that I mentioned in this post, these changes happened after someone started an online petition regarding changes to the Amber Alert System.

I have a 20 month old boy. He is adventurous and loves walking (and walking and walking). Last month we were at a local fairgrounds and I took him outside of the building to get some air and exercise. With Noah Chamberlain in mind, I thought it would be interesting to find out how far he would walk without interruption and in what amount of time. He walked in one straight line to an empty horse arena in about a minute. I just mapped it and measured according to google, and in one minute, he walked 133 yards...1.3+ football fields. IN A MINUTE. When we go out for walks, he will go and go until I pick him up and carry him back (screaming), and no chance of just turning him around and letting him walk back the way he came because he does not want to return home. I have confidence that he could go miles before he became tired.

Just my two cents. Kids this age can go very far. I am so upset he had 15 minutes before anybody noticed he was gone.

Excellent , thank you , your post should be a sticky for every single missing toddler case on webslueths. I also have witnessed first hand how much ground a child can cover when they make a determined bee-line toward something .

And it includes kids who cannot even walk properly yet .... they dash a few feet , fall on their face , get up and dash a few more feet , and never waver in their destination.

On another day you could set the same child in the same yard and he will not go anywhere.

Information from the Klass Kids Foundation states "a mile a minute is how fast your kids can disappear"
http://klaaskids.org/

http://www.portageonline.com/local/48366-chase-martens-search-continues

"We started close to the residence where he was last seen yesterday. That search is expanding, I'm not sure at this point where that search is. Our only priority is to find Chase, and our search will expand as is required."

Organizers of the search began turning away additional volunteers before noon, believing any more would make their efforts ineffective. However, many continued their own searches around the property, submitting photos to those at the command centre. While they don't need additional bodies, Paquet explained they still need any and all information, as no news tip is "to small" to report to police.

I know they can't risk volunteers lives, but from what we learned with Noah Chamberlin, should there be an outer ring search being conducted at the same time that the search expands outward from the house? Couldn't the volunteers that are being turned away be sent to the outskirts to move inward?

I think this needs to start happening. Do we need to have more kids turn up further than they thought for it to happen?

Excellent , thank you , your post should be a sticky for every single missing toddler case on webslueths. I also have witnessed first hand how much ground a child can cover when they make a determined bee-line toward something .

And it includes kids who cannot even walk properly yet .... they dash a few feet , fall on their face , get up and dash a few more feet , and never waver in their destination.

On another day you could set the same child in the same yard and he will not go anywhere.

Precisely why you shouldn't let a 2 year old play outside alone for 15 minutes. Or any length of time. They're unpredictable. I know a lot of people do and think it's fine, because they always have done it. I'm guessing Chase's parents always did it too, with the older siblings. And it WAS fine. All that time. Until it isn't and your baby is gone.

Accidents can happen even when a parent is properly supervising their children. But, as far as a child wandering off, that cannot happen if Mom or Dad is watching them properly. And a lot of accidents that happen when an unsupervised child wanders off would have been prevented if the parents had been watching them.

I don't mean hovering over them, I mean when my kids are in the back yard, myself or my husband will go sit outside and have coffee. Just be present.

I think all those terms referring to "overprotective"parents are stupid, but I'd gladly be thought to be one and not be in the position of Chase's parents right now. Hell, I'd even wear a T shirt proclaiming it.

Yes, and this minute walk included a few tumbles!

Others commented on how many 2 year olds might not play on their own in their yards. Mine would. He is very easy to please. If you give him a toy he will stand back there playing and playing until I drag him inside (again, screaming). He loves being outside. You are a big old meanie if you make him come in. I never had to worry about my oldest leaving the house without my knowledge, but I think this one is going to be my escape artist and runner. He hasn't figured out door handles yet but it is very close to happening and I need to get the childproof handles on soon.

I think if he is not found soon LE should entertain the possibility that he was abducted.

I forgot to mention, even though it was not visible, my son headed towards a creek and retention pond. Behind him was a building full of kids and bikes, to one side there was farm equipment, to another an open field. He went to the horse arena and had I let him continue (he wanted to), he would have come upon the creek. I think our bodies are naturally drawn to water.

What side of 2 years old is Chase on? When is his birthday?

Yes, and this minute walk included a few tumbles!

Others commented on how many 2 year olds might not play on their own in their yards. Mine would. He is very easy to please. If you give him a toy he will stand back there playing and playing until I drag him inside (again, screaming). He loves being outside. You are a big old meanie if you make him come in. I never had to worry about my oldest leaving the house without my knowledge, but I think this one is going to be my escape artist and runner. He hasn't figured out door handles yet but it is very close to happening and I need to get the childproof handles on soon.

I was a runner and a darn good one. I was told whenever we went anywhere, especially camping I would immediately strip nekkid and run.

My parents have pictures of me nekkid as a jay bird running away as fast as I could and I am the reason they sold the camper.
I don't remember the camper, that's how young I was.

I still have a pic of my mum standing outside in her dressing gown pointing the hairbrush at me and I am nekkid with curly matted blond hair running away. :pullhair:
Will look for the pic.

[video=twitter;713111610282221568]https://twitter.com/rcmpmb/status/713111610282221568[/video]
RCMP Manitoba ✔ ‎@rcmpmb
MEDIA: The parents of Chase MARTENS will be speaking about the search for their son at location at 5:00 pm. #rcmpmb

That's 5:00 Central - 15 minutes from now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back