Canada - Connor, 6, & Noah Barthe, 4, killed by python, Campbellton, NB, 5 Aug 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Meep. Sorry for being Spammy McSpamspam on this thread.. but *grits teeth* it keeps getting hinkier and more disgusting.

--

“I have so many mixed emotions right now it’s ridiculous. I can’t believe this is real,” Savoie told Global. “I feel like they’re my kids.”

---

Reptile Ocean took down its Facebook page Monday afternoon after vitriolic criticism appeared targeting its administrators, none of whom responded to the Star’s requests for comment.

“There is nobody to blame. The snake broke out of its enclosure. The enclosure locked. There was no negligence. This is a terrible accident,” read one of Reptile Ocean’s posts. "

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2013/08/05/escape_snake_kills_two_new_brunswick_children.html

Like his own kids - but he's not to blame, it was an 'accident'. Okay. I'm sure both the parents feel the same. Actually, I really hope they do not.

Savoie is now claiming the snake fell through a -vent- in the ceiling onto the boys.

I wonder, now, how he's going to re-adjust the part about how the snake disappeared into a hole (in the floor?) after killing the boys, but he could see it and 'pin it down' anyway.

Glad to see folks here are as skeptical as I am about the python story. :notgood:

Python killing of 2 New Brunswick boys baffles experts. (cbc.ca)
---
"It’s strange, I’m just trying to piece it together,” says Lee Parker, the facilities manager at Ontario reptile zoo Reptilia. “They don't go on killing sprees … it doesn't make sense to me."

Jeff Reynolds, manager at the Reptile Store in Hamilton, says: "The [African rock python] is not overly aggressive, not any more aggressive than your larger-type snake. I find it very bizarre that it would attack two [kids]."
---
more at the links

‘It’s very, very puzzling’: Snake expert mystified by New Brunswick python attack (Globe and Mail)

Something that's bugged me is - every single report I've seen, aside from the one wfgodot just linked above, has headlined the snake story as hard fact. There's all kinds of experts talking about dangerous big snakes, etc - and nobody's really mentioning the extreme oddness of it all, or just are stretching for explanations that fit the 'snake dunnit' tale.

Despite the comments sections being a riot of BS calls. Lots of folks have seen red flags in this story, it seems.

I would be SO happy to be wrong here. I hope I am. Mainly for the sake of the poor little man who's lost his two best friends due to his daddy, one way or another.

Early reporting of this story will win no awards - while ultimate accuracy is difficult to obtain when reporting breaking news, first we had a boa constrictor and an "urban zoo," then the headlines brooked no quarter in blaming the python, the RCMP evidently having signed off on it. Now they're playing catch-up.

And how does this guy, Jean-Claude Savoie SEE the alleged hole in the ceiling before he turns on a light? But doesn't see the snake and two children until after he turns on a light!? This whole story just stinks more and more with every new detail!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...es-2-boys-5-7-sleep-New-Brunswick-Canada.html

"They were sleeping,' he said in an interview. But 'they didn't even open their eyes or nothing. I thought they were sleeping until I [saw] the hole in the ceiling. I turned the lights on and I [saw] this horrific scene.'

Why didn't Savoie rush to see if his son was ok? Instead he:

"Mr Savoie said that after finding the boys' bodies, he found the snake coiled in a hole nearby, held it down and put it in a cage."

How did he happen to know where this snake went to hide after he allegedly see's this 'horrific sight'? I thought he saw the snake strangling the two boys, that would be horrific. BUT then his story goes from seeing a hole in the ceiling to turning on a light only to see a horrific site to finding this huge snake in some hole nearby, then held it down and put it in a cage!?

By the way, why was Savoie checking on these two boys at 6.30am ? Did he check on his own son? Why weren't the two boys and his son sleeping together ? Where is the mother of his son? How old is his son?

There's no way that these two boys slept through all this and never made a sound! As for Savoie's fb, I don't even want to see it. When I saw his photo in one of the articles, combined with his story, I had my own suspicions. I think these two boys were strangled to death, but not by this snake! I also have my suspicions as to why!

I hope we hear more today, and I'm so sorry these two children have died in such a hideous way.

Something that's bugged me is - every single report I've seen, aside from the one wfgodot just linked above, has headlined the snake story as hard fact. There's all kinds of experts talking about dangerous big snakes, etc - and nobody's really mentioning the extreme oddness of it all, or just are stretching for explanations that fit the 'snake dunnit' tale.

Despite the comments sections being a riot of BS calls. Lots of folks have seen red flags in this story, it seems.

I would be SO happy to be wrong here. I hope I am. Mainly for the sake of the poor little man who's lost his two best friends due to his daddy, one way or another.

When Leila Fowler was killed, all the headlines about her case said she was killed by an intruder. The only mention of the brother possibly being involved was in the comments. My guess is the media needs to be careful about what they write. They can't speculate about the owner being involved at this point.

Weird story indeed!

The guy sounds like a complete jerk in that recording with the reporter. I notice he says he hopes the snake ends up dead but the authorities took the animal (and since the animal was not legal to own I hope the authorities do right by it and place it in a real zoo or sanctuary).

He seems very relaxed and chatty about the whole thing too.

If the kids were NOT strangled by the python I am sure it will be obvious at the autopsy. While snakes can become aggressive at various times for no obvious reason often times it turns out the animals were also underfed/underweight.

Snakes that size eat a LOT and I have to wonder if this animal was underfed and ignored which also contributed to the escape and alleged attack.

Ah - so I see the upstairs portion used to be part of the store, but is now converted to a dwelling.

This explains the industrial-looking tile and wall-enclosure in the son's bedroom.

It might also explain why the other kids were not in the son's room - no extra bed, and no carpet for sleeping bag floor-sleeps. They were on the couch in the living room, apparently.

I have to wonder who the son's mother is, and what she thinks of all this, seeing as Savoie only just got custody. Seems to me there's a bit of a story behind all that, as well.

Hard to see two children sleeping through a large snake and the ceiling falling down.

I just read about this. So strange, would the snake do this if he wasn't hungry? Is this a normal behavior even if the snake doesn't want to eat?

It certainly isn't "normal" unless of course the person smells like food (i.e. they were handling rodents or other prey items). Having said that the general rule (for adults) is that a heavy bodied snake over 6' should only be handled with another adult around just in case the snake gets triggered and starts constricting.

These super large snake species really should not be sold as pets without permits and such, they live for 20+ years and often require their own room/closet. Some of them get to be 200 lbs and it takes two men to move them, in addition they eat a LOT and most folks just don't have what it takes to commit to the animals requirements.

Weird story indeed!

The guy sounds like a complete jerk in that recording with the reporter. I notice he says he hopes the snake ends up dead but the authorities took the animal (and since the animal was not legal to own I hope the authorities do right by it and place it in a real zoo or sanctuary).

He seems very relaxed and chatty about the whole thing too.

If the kids were NOT strangled by the python I am sure it will be obvious at the autopsy. While snakes can become aggressive at various times for no obvious reason often times it turns out the animals were also underfed/underweight.

Snakes that size eat a LOT and I have to wonder if this animal was underfed and ignored which also contributed to the escape and alleged attack.

RBBM: The snake has already been euthanized.

How does a snake could climb into air shaft, which is probably near the ceiling. I have see snakes on trees, but even those trees are nowhere like climbing a wall to the ceiling. Also, if the snake fell down, it would make a noise and cause a commotion. :waitasec:

Please steer discussion away from facebook pages... thanks

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cattdee
Back