DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

dotr

Reaction score
Lengthy article rbbm
Jan 25 2020
By Rosa Saba
Her birthday ended at the hospital. Drink tampering is in the spotlight thanks to her viral video | The Star
''Josée Saulnier arrived in Halifax on Jan. 17 with a few of her classmates, ready to celebrate two big life milestones.

The tourism management student was turning 20, and is a few months away from graduating. She wanted one big night out before the next chapter of her life began, and she had travelled to the big city from the small town where she was studying to have a memorable evening with her friends.

Instead, Saulnier ended up in the hospital in the early hours of Jan. 18, her muscles numbed and vision blurred by a mystery drug she believes was slipped into her drink.

After only a few drinks, Saulnier said, she suddenly started throwing up. Her friends called a cab to take them back to their Airbnb. When they arrived, Saulnier said they noticed she had “lost control” of her body, and decided to call 911. An ambulance took her to the hospital.

“Thank God my friends were with me,” she said''

''It’s difficult to know how many people across Canada are covertly drugged, but medical experts say cases like Saulnier’s are probably more common than reported. Many never report the incident, or if they do, nothing comes of it. This is because doctors say so-called “date-rape” drugs are difficult to detect and may not show up on hospital tests.''

''Dr. Mark Yarema, a toxicology expert with Alberta Health Services, said that even if victims do get tested at the hospital, results often aren’t conclusive. He said there’s very little data available on the prevalence of drink spiking for multiple reasons.

First, the most well-known of these so-called “date-rape” drugs, rohypnol (roofies) and gamma hydroxybutyric acid (GHB), disappear from the system in a matter of hours, which he said makes them hard to detect in a urine test. They also have an amnesiac effect, meaning victims often black out entirely and can’t remember what happened.''

rbbm.
‘It doesn’t matter what you’re wearing’

Her birthday ended at the hospital. Drink tampering is in the spotlight thanks to her viral video | The Star
_3_angela_petta.jpg

That feeling of shame is a familiar one for Angela Petta, a real estate agent in Toronto.

In November 2001, when she was just 21, Petta’s drink was spiked during a night of dancing at a now-closed bar in the city’s Gay Village''.

''That feeling of shame is a familiar one for Angela Petta, a real estate agent in Toronto.
RELATED STORIES
Police chiefs tackle drink tampering, urge victims to come forward

Blurred memories of an alleged assault: DiManno

She often went there because she felt safer than at other bars. “It was a place that I always felt like I could drop the guard a little bit.”

Until last year, she didn’t feel comfortable telling anyone other than close friends and family, but she remembers the details of the night very clearly — right up until the drugs hit.

Petta and two friends were dancing in the club’s VIP section, when she briefly left her drink with a friend. When she returned, her friend had left, but her drink looked the same as when she’d left it.

“I took a couple of sips and I don’t remember anything else,” she said.

Her next memory was of waking up hunched over the dirty toilets in the basement bathroom. Her friend was sticking her fingers down her throat. Petta’s friends told her they had returned to the booth to find her passed out on the seat with a red-headed man leaning over her.

They got her outside, where Petta vomited and passed out again. The next thing she knew, she was in the hospital, where tests determined she’d been given a near-lethal dose of rohypnol.''

I'm so sorry this was done to you, LadyL.

thank you
I wasn't assaulted thankfully but I have been roofied more than once
and it's true that it only takes a couple of sips
mine tasted funny that night so I didn't drink the rest of it but that tiny bit was enough
luckily for me my boyfriend took me to the bathroom and stood outside waiting for me
there was another guy standing there just staring at me - and there was no other girl in the bathroom so what was he doing there? there was nothing else but the bathroom door there
anyway I kept passing out in the bathroom and my boyfriend was worried why it was taking me so long so finally another girl came along and he asked her to look in on me and then he took me home - I wasn't drunk - the drink that tasted funny was only my second or maybe even first - not sure
that boyfriend is now my husband btw :)

The invisible epidemic of drugged drinks
Feb 7, 2020
"In today’s Big Story podcast, if you’re a woman, you’ve been warned to watch your drink. Because drink tampering happens every day in Canada—we just don’t know how often, or with what, or where.

As a country, or even province to province, we’re still struggling to find a coherent strategy. And for all those warnings and awareness campaigns—unless you’ve been a victim of these drugs, you’re probably vastly underestimating the effect they can have on you, even if you make it home safely.

GUEST: Rosa Saba, Calgary Bureau, Toronto Star'

Not just women, but men should watch their drinks too, in recent news..
Jan 7 2020
Do men know enough about drink spiking?
''Many of the victims of serial rapist Reynhard Sinaga did not even know they had been assaulted.

After luring men outside Manchester clubs, the post-graduate student would take them back to his flat and ply them with spiked drinks to knock them unconscious.

Although the drugging took place in a very particular set of circumstances, his conviction raises questions about the broader problem of drink spiking.

About three-quarters of victims are women, but men are at risk too.''

UK - Reynhard Sinaga, 36, Manchester, arrested, raped 48 men, 6 Jan 2020

Nov 11 2020 rbbm.
image.jpg

Tariq Nawaz of Mississauga is seen this police handout photo. (Peel police)

Suspect fled Mississauga restaurant in Porsche after waitress spotted him drugging drink: police
''A 51-year-old man is facing charges after he allegedly tried to drug a dinner partner at a Mississauga restaurant last month.

Peel Regional Police said the suspect and the female victim were having dinner together at a restaurant near City Centre Drive and Square One Drive in Mississauga at around 6 p.m. on Oct. 22.

At some point during dinner, the woman left to go to the washroom.

A 2016 Porsche belonging to a suspect who allegedly tried to drug a woman in a Mississauga restaurant is seen this police handout photo. (Peel police)

“During this time, the male was seen pouring a substance into the female’s drink. She was alerted by the waitress who witnessed the event,” Peel police said in a news release''.

''He was released on a promise to appear and is schedule to make his next court appearance in Brampton on Jan. 8, 2021.

Police also released a photo of the suspect and his vehicle and said they believe there may be more victims.''

Drink tampering have also hit our town here in Sweden, the police have gone out with information, and the doctors at the emergency department have been advised to order a drug test if there are any suspicion at all in a patient's behaviour that they might have been drugged.

Nov 11 2020 rbbm.
image.jpg

Tariq Nawaz of Mississauga is seen this police handout photo. (Peel police)

Suspect fled Mississauga restaurant in Porsche after waitress spotted him drugging drink: police
''A 51-year-old man is facing charges after he allegedly tried to drug a dinner partner at a Mississauga restaurant last month.

Peel Regional Police said the suspect and the female victim were having dinner together at a restaurant near City Centre Drive and Square One Drive in Mississauga at around 6 p.m. on Oct. 22.

At some point during dinner, the woman left to go to the washroom.

A 2016 Porsche belonging to a suspect who allegedly tried to drug a woman in a Mississauga restaurant is seen this police handout photo. (Peel police)

“During this time, the male was seen pouring a substance into the female’s drink. She was alerted by the waitress who witnessed the event,” Peel police said in a news release''.

''He was released on a promise to appear and is schedule to make his next court appearance in Brampton on Jan. 8, 2021.

Police also released a photo of the suspect and his vehicle and said they believe there may be more victims.''

his FB
22255168_117797125641166_3234153878072835769_o.jpg

Not just women, but men should watch their drinks too, in recent news..
Jan 7 2020
Do men know enough about drink spiking?
''Many of the victims of serial rapist Reynhard Sinaga did not even know they had been assaulted.

After luring men outside Manchester clubs, the post-graduate student would take them back to his flat and ply them with spiked drinks to knock them unconscious.

Although the drugging took place in a very particular set of circumstances, his conviction raises questions about the broader problem of drink spiking.

About three-quarters of victims are women, but men are at risk too.''

UK - Reynhard Sinaga, 36, Manchester, arrested, raped 48 men, 6 Jan 2020
It happened to about 5 guy friends of mine! An entire band of adult men had their drinks tampered with after one of their gigs. It’s so messed up.

I can’t believe this is in the news. Not that it shouldn’t be, but it’s so common, it shocks me. And it makes me happy. I know so many people who’ve had it happen to them, including men...though jmo it happens more to women and is more of a women’s issue. Because it’s something women who go out just have to deal with. Like being followed to our cars if we don’t give our number, getting cat called, etc etc. It happens at parties, pubs, festivals, anywhere. I guess it’s just one of those things where it’s so normalized for us women that I haven’t thought “oh wow guess this is a big deal that should be reported on”. Like wait...our womb isn’t wandering around our bodies and it’s okay for me to be emotional? Lol
Glad we’re talking about this.

Drink tampering made a come-back in my town the couple years too. And it is increasingly men that are victims. I have a friend, her and her husband stopped a normally fine/clean sports bar one afternoon. Had a couple drinks, talked to some people at the next table who were friendly. That is all she remembers. She remembers riding in the back of a car and someone laughing. Her and her husband woke up much later in their car in front of their home. She doesn't believe she was molested in anyway, but their money was gone. A police officer friend of mine said that they had been getting quite a few similar reports around the small city. Robbery appeared to be the motive, not rape.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Garc
Back