CANADA Canada - Dylan Koshman, 21, Edmonton, 15 Oct 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Why are they so sure that this man is unrelated to the murder 8km away that went missing the evening before?
You are speaking of Mark Twitchell, who was arrested on Oct 31/08. Go to Last link on the right website for all of this info on Mark. Mark travelled at nite, and he could have stopped and picked Dylan up with an offer to drive him somewhere. Hopefully the police, might delve into this possibility. This wonderful Koshman family needs closure. Dylan's safe return is becoming more remote as time goes by. Wherever I go, I look at faces to see if perhaps it is him. (that is the least that a citizen can do) This could have been my brother, who often made snap decisions when he was young. We all have when we were at that age.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/technology/Edmonton/What+when+loved+goes+missing/3348025/story.html

Burden of search falls upon families after police wrap up their end

By Elise Stolte, edmontonjournal.com
August 1, 2010

<Snipped>

Families are stuck, unable to give up or move on, says Melanie Alix, whose son Dylan Koshman walked out his back door in south Edmonton and disappeared almost two years ago.

Her family still holds monthly candlelight vigils and is planning a new poster campaign this fall. She still speaks with police weekly.

Almost at the 7 year mark and still nothing... how can someone just disappear??? Hoping soon for some peace for this family. Someone knows something... it is time to come forward.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2015/10/...ing-dylan-koshman-gather-at-vigil-in-edmonton

"Standing on the corner where her son was last seen seven years ago, Melanie Alix made an emotional plea asking anyone who knows what happened to Dylan Koshman to come forward.

“It’s been seven years, and we’ve had no leads and no news,” said Alix, struggling to hold back tears. “My family is still struggling. Just because seven years has gone by doesn’t mean we don’t still feel the pain. In some ways, it’s worse with no answers. We can’t really say goodbye to him until we know.”

I live in Edmonton and know exactly where he was last seen. This area is a residential area. It is made up of houses, apartments and some townhouses. It is not a rough part of town, other than the normal transience of multi-dwelling living.

Edmonton does have a high murder rate, but not random murder. There aren't serial killers running rampant. It is generally a very safe city if you stay out of trouble.

The area that Dylan was last seen is very far from the river. Impossible to get to on foot. It is also very far from any ravine area. If he ended up in either place, he was put there by someone.

I think either his cousins know EXACTLY what happened, or there is a whole lot more to this story, such as drug or gang involvement. The wrong crowd, doesn't just find you - you have to be involved somehow.

I feel very bad for his mother. I can't even imagine how painful this must be. I think LE must have some suspicions as to what happened for this case to be put on the back burner as it has been.

As in any city - be smart. Know who you are with, know your surroundings. This shouldn't have happened.

Long shot, but I found this.... http://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/body-discovered-in-mackinnon-ravine-1.339398 a body discovered November 3, 2008 in the ravine. I have searched everywhere to find out if the remains have been identified but this is literally the only article I could find that even mentions a body had been found there. Investigators clearly would have crossed the body with current missing cases since Dylan had been missing shortly before this, but I am wondering why there was never another mention of this anywhere else? Am I just looking in the wrong places for other news articles?

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/...searching-for-answers-6-years-later-1.2795131
Dylan Koshman was last seen on Oct. 10, 2008. (Edmonton Police Service )
attachment.php

Attachments

• dylan-koshman.jpg
    dylan-koshman.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 49
The episode on Dylan Koshman will air on the 5th estate on Mar 24th

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...ssing-person-homicide-investigation-1.4037783

[h=1]'Strong suspicion': Dylan Koshman's 2008 disappearance in Edmonton upgraded to homicide investigation[/h] [h=3]Man hasn&#8217;t been seen since fight with roommates at south side home[/h] By Ronna Syed, CBC News Posted: Mar 24, 2017
An eight-year-old missing person cold case in Edmonton has been upgraded to a homicide investigation, The Fifth Estate has learned.

Edmonton Police Services quietly transferred the Dylan Koshman file from their missing person unit to their homicide department several months ago.

"Reviewing the whole file, reviewing the circumstances of the night he went missing, it stinks, frankly," says Staff Sgt. Bill Clark of the EPS homicide department.

"There's a strong suspicion that it's a homicide and I think we need to take it on."
Clark says in any homicide investigation, police look at the people who last saw the person alive.

"It's people close to the family," he says. "We're going to be looking at them, absolutely."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joybird99
Back